Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

floridays

Faith and reason are not mutually exclusive. Each help to guide the other. Indeed, one who refuses to know God will have an intellect which is darkened to the reality of both God and of himself.

God alone can rid us of the pride and passions which cloud our ability to perceive truth. By his grace our intellectual powers, darkened by original and personal sin, can be healed and strengthened.
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I'm glad the gospel, Jesus came to die in the place of sinners, and I'm a sinner, is a lot easier to get my head around what you just posted. I don't need my intellectual powers healed or strengthened, I need a saviour.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Sorry but too many wars and bloodshed in the name of God says otherwise,
989.jpg

rickyb

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I'm glad the gospel, Jesus came to die in the place of sinners, and I'm a sinner, is a lot easier to get my head around what you just posted. I don't need my intellectual powers healed or strengthened, I need a saviour.
since religion has failed you miserably in the sense that you dont actually do anything besides talk about it, and also likely failed to understand the metaphors, you should take the message from other myths like star wars or lord of the rings and then take action

bbsam

Staff member
I seriously don’t get why non-believers have such a problem with people who believe in a God. Why does it offend them so?
Because hypocrisy is easy to spot. We as believers claim certain things but our actions scream opposite truths.

Rather than feeling persecuted by others’ pronouncements, maybe we should just plead guilty to our transgressions.

So really the question for believers is, “Do you really believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.