Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Sikhs aren't Muslims, you mentioned Muslims. And of course any persecution is wrong. But you're trying to equate the random few acts of terror with state sponsored persecution of minority religions. Absolutely no comparison.

Sikhs are often thought to be Muslim by the uneducated due to their turbans.

TTKU, expat.

vantexan

Sikhs are often thought to be Muslim by the uneducated due to their turbans.

TTKU, expat.
I'm aware. A Sikh store owner in AZ was murdered after 9/11. However they aren't Muslims so when someone mentions persecution of Muslims that's what I'm sticking to.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The Buddha taught that through discipline and meditation. Christ just demands worship. I consider myself neither spiritual nor religious but practice meditation which provides similar results to what you describe, no higher power needed.
I would say you understanding of Jesus’s teachings and one’s Higher Power is lacking ... severely.

It will be fine

I would say you understanding of Jesus’s teachings and one’s Higher Power is lacking ... severely.
Thanks for the input. I was raised in Catholic school, had daily religion class and church at least once a week. My understanding is just fine, I don't find it compelling. You see it in this thread, all the Jesu freaks believe all one needs is to accept Christ as your personal saviour and you're good to go. It's lazy. It's why I left the church, that and the institutionalized child rape.

vantexan

Thanks for the input. I was raised in Catholic school, had daily religion class and church at least once a week. My understanding is just fine, I don't find it compelling. You see it in this thread, all the Jesu freaks believe all one needs is to accept Christ as your personal saviour and you're good to go. It's lazy. It's why I left the church, that and the institutionalized child rape.
A lot of anger in this post.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
And my point is that accepting Christ as your savior is the superficial hook to get people in and Catholic dogma is BS.
There is no intermediate between the individual and ones Higher Power (HP).
There is no entity that has any need to be between one and their HP.
Religion’s only purpose in my mind is to guide an individual to the spirituality that allows one to connect with their HP.
Churches and religious dogma is there for the newcomers and kids and for humans to control other humans.
Monkeys are too smart to accept this control by humans. :happy:

bbsam

Staff member
And my point is that accepting Christ as your savior is the superficial hook to get people in and Catholic dogma is BS.
Religion’s only purpose in my mind is to guide an individual to the spirituality that allows one to connect with their HP.
Churches and religious dogma is there for the newcomers and kids and for humans to control other humans.
You sound like Martin Luther.

vantexan

"I am the way, the truth, and the light. No man cometh to the Father but by me."

Christ is our intermediary. It is Christianity after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.