Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyb

sacrifice:
WikiLeaks‏Verified account @wikileaks 3h3 hours ago

Today @WikiLeaks editor @JulianAssange is 2831 days under house arrest and 165 days incommunicado, with no contact to the outside world, no visitors, no phone, no internet and no hospital treatment. #FreeAssange https://justice4assange.com/#ENTER

Dmkic0WW0AI-CZb.jpg

rickyb

justice is love in action:

Be A King‏Verified account @BerniceKing

Jesus didn’t call it “social justice.” He simply called it Love. If those who profess to follow him would only Love our neighbors beyond comfort, borders, race and religion, “social justice” would be a given. Love makes justice happen.

But since some have convoluted what Love is and made the Gospel of a Christ who loves all about loving who they deem lovable, the freedom struggle continues. And we must make manifesting Justice a priority.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
justice is love in action:

Be A King‏Verified account @BerniceKing

Jesus didn’t call it “social justice.” He simply called it Love. If those who profess to follow him would only Love our neighbors beyond comfort, borders, race and religion, “social justice” would be a given. Love makes justice happen.

But since some have convoluted what Love is and made the Gospel of a Christ who loves all about loving who they deem lovable, the freedom struggle continues. And we must make manifesting Justice a priority.

Jesus didn't use the term social justice because justice can only be meted on an individual basis. Trying to punish or reward on the basis of group membership rather than on the merits of an individual meets the definition of injustice.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
An addictive personality has a lot to do with it also.
First hand experience. Our son.
The addictive personality is always accompanied by the person feeling badly about themselves.
Anything that helps them to escape their reality is very desirable.
This could be video games as well as drugs ... anything the addict can obsess on.
First hand experience.
Me.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You’re Canadian. You wouldn’t understand.

Well maybe the cowardly part.

And you’re a bunch of snooty elitists too. I could go for a northern border wall.
What the hell is the difference between a Cali lib and a Canadian lib.
They seem comparable to me.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The addictive personality is always accompanied by the person feeling badly about themselves.
Anything that helps them to escape their reality is very desirable.
This could be video games as well as drugs ... anything the addict can obsess on.
First hand experience.
Me.
Your on the money.
The difference is a video game won't kill you like drugs or alcohol .

bbsam

Staff member
why you say that?

julian has done some sketchy stuff, but its a huge david against goliath story.
Because if he is what he believes he (and Wikileaks) is, I would see him spill it ALL out there for everyone to see. But that is not what he does. He craftily uses what he has for personal gain. Granted it hasn’t done him much good, but all the more reason to go for broke.

bbsam

Staff member
Jesus didn't use the term social justice because justice can only be meted on an individual basis. Trying to punish or reward on the basis of group membership rather than on the merits of an individual meets the definition of injustice.
What then of the Beatitudes?

rickyb

Because if he is what he believes he (and Wikileaks) is, I would see him spill it ALL out there for everyone to see. But that is not what he does. He craftily uses what he has for personal gain. Granted it hasn’t done him much good, but all the more reason to go for broke.
well im not an expert, and you may be correct, although i havent heard this criticism. hes a journalist, not government, they are supposed to protect their sources. i think i also disagree with his idea of transparency.

i dont think alot of what he did was for personal gain. thats obvious.

bbsam

Staff member
Something you can never live up to for salvation. Not just you, all humans. It is another way of showing you we all fall short of the Glory of God.
Much like grace is not an invitation to sin, so to is failure to achieve the perfect is not an excuse to forego the effort.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I liked this article because it presented beliefs that were consistent with my beliefs.
People who are spiritual are much better prepared to deal with the outside world and hold less resentments and don't fear what the future holds.
A higher power that one has spiritual relations with is the best friend you'll ever have.
I feel for atheists who only believe in themselves ... they have the weight of the world on their shoulders.

It turned out that those who attended religious services at least once a week as children or teens were about 18% more likely to report being happier in their 20s than those who never attended services. They were also almost 30% more likely to do volunteer work and 33% less likely to use drugs in their 20s as well.

But what was interesting was that it wasn’t just about how much a person went to services, but it was at least as much about how much they prayed or meditated in their own time. Those who prayed or meditated every day also had more life satisfaction, were better able to process emotions, and were more forgiving compared to those who never prayed/meditated. They were also less likely to have sex at an earlier age and to have a sexually transmitted infection.

Previous studies have suggested similar connections—for instance, that people who are more religious are often happier, and that people who believe in something greater than themselves are more resilient to stress. Other work has shown that in meditation and in prayer, the “me” centers of the brain—those that are active when you’re thinking self-referential worry-based thoughts—quiet down, and areas involved in perceiving the external world as “other” also deactivate. This might suggest that at least one way in which religion/spirituality benefits mental health is to reduce our tendency to think about ourselves and at the same time dissolve our sense of separateness.

Status
Not open for further replies.