Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyb

Only the ones that Hitler duped into believing he wasnt what he was.
View attachment 222344
Dietrich Bonhoeffer resisted the nazi lies and was sent to a concentration camp.

Why don't you tell the whole story? It doesn't fit your own dissention?
not lies. i never lie on here. i might only blame capitalism when really its more complex than that. but i dont lie. this was from chris hedges whos teacher at harvard taught divinity i believe and escaped the nazis

F

Frankie's Friend

in nazi germany, the christian right had the cross on one side of the church, and the swastika on the other...
No "quotes" from Chris Hedges. Looks like a quote from rickyb.

not lies. i never lie on here. i might only blame capitalism when really its more complex than that. but i dont lie. this was from chris hedges whos teacher at harvard taught divinity i believe and escaped the nazis
Just like today, some church leaders are there for the wrong reasons.
If you lined pastors up in front of a firing squad to see who would renounce Jesus or die the result, imo, in the USA would be telling.

Joel is not perfect. Im not perfect. Trying to live a perfect life is a hard road, and narrow, as it is written.

But Joel is humble and a very positive influence on many (thousands) of people. Many people already know their lives aren't what they should be but Joel's always encouraging them to make changes and that only Jesus's death can erase the past and give them hope for their futures.

People have lost hope. You can see it in the suicide statistics. Tragic.

Im not trying to be condescending about your post but the pastors who spent years in concentration camps and died a cruel death for the hope they had in the truth of the death and resurrection of Jesus deserve more than to be lumped in with the "pastors" who snitched on their own congregation and watched families, some with children, dragged off to their deaths for the simple hope they had in Jesus's sacrifice.

Say what you want but today, in the USA, the situation is a sad commentary of a nation prospered by God that has turned it's back on the very principles that made it the head and not the tail.

This is my opinion. I will never retreat from it. I've lived it too long. And im not the judge of Joel or anyone else but i do know that pastors who profess Jesus will be judged by the way they lived and the things they did quicker than the folks in the pew.

Bank on that.

It is a fearful thing because the things we cannot see are more eternal and more real than the things we can see.

Last edited by a moderator:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
It's actually a symbiotic relationship where all the money from his ministries goes to the Church.
The brand "Joel Olsteen" is where he makes his money ... books, tapes, podcasts, etc.
I willing to give him a benefit of a doubt ... he seems sincere and people love him.
Jim Jones followers loved him to.

bacha29

No "quotes" from Chris Hedges. Looks like a quote from rickyb.

Just like today, some church leaders are there for the wrong reasons.
If you lined pastors up in front of a firing squad to see who would renounce Jesus or die the result, imo, in the USA would be telling.

Joel is not perfect. Im not perfect. Trying to live a perfect life is a hard road, and narrow, as it is written.

But Joel is humble and a very positive influence on many (thousands) of people. Many people already know their lives aren't what they should be but Joel's always encouraging them to make changes and that only Jesus's death can erase the past and give them hope for their futures.

People have lost hope. You can see it in the suicide statistics. Tragic.

Im not trying to be condescending about your post but the pastors who spent years in concentration camps and died a cruel death for the hope they had in the truth of the death and resurrection of Jesus deserve more than to be lumped in with the "pastors" who snitched on their own congregation and watched families, some with children, dragged off to their deaths for the simple hope they had in Jesus's sacrifice.

Say what you want but today, in the USA, the situation is a sad commentary of a nation prospered by God that has turned it's back on the very principles that made it the head and not the tail.

This is my opinion. I will never retreat from it. I've lived it too long. And im not the judge of Joel or anyone else but i do know that pastors who profess Jesus will be judged by the way they lived and the things they did quicker than the folks in the pew.

Bank on that.

It is a fearful thing because the things we cannot see are more eternal and more real than the things we can see.
Josh Osteen is a real life Elmer Gantry. His is not a ministry. It's an enterprise and that's the reason why he's not a fire and brimstone type of preacher. He's a carbon copy of Schuler the "possibility thinking" minister. When he and his 'Crystal Cathedral" went bankrupt the running joke was: "Why didn't he think of that possibility"? The last I heard the Catholic Church bought up his enterprise out of bankruptcy. But then again given the millions in damage settlements they have paid and are likely to have to pay going forward for all the priests who got off on and in little boys they might be looking to sell off hard assets to raise some cash to pay for their priests hard on's .
In the meantime there will still be religious organizations trying to instill in people the fear of eternal damnation if they don't conform to and abide by their set of beliefs.

F

Frankie's Friend

Josh Osteen is a real life Elmer Gantry. His is not a ministry. It's an enterprise and that's the reason why he's not a fire and brimstone type of preacher. He's a carbon copy of Schuler the "possibility thinking" minister. When he and his 'Crystal Cathedral" went bankrupt the running joke was: "Why didn't he think of that possibility"? The last I heard the Catholic Church bought up his enterprise out of bankruptcy. But then again given the millions in damage settlements they have paid and are likely to have to pay going forward for all the priests who got off on and in little boys they might be looking to sell off hard assets to raise some cash to pay for their priests hard on's .
In the meantime there will still be religious organizations trying to instill in people the fear of eternal damnation if they don't conform to and abide by their set of beliefs.
Totally agree because no one should fear going to hell.
When you close your eyes and ears reality just becomes subjective and anyone who is religious is far beneath the mental aptitude of those who are in the "know" and have no fear regardless of the truth. Rock on.

floridays

It's actually a symbiotic relationship where all the money from his ministries goes to the Church.
The brand "Joel Olsteen" is where he makes his money ... books, tapes, podcasts, etc.
I willing to give him a benefit of a doubt ... he seems sincere and people love him.
A demon from the pit of Hell, my opinion, one that can be supported.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You do need a Saviour however to supply the access to His father.
How may I help you?

Jesus Nebula Hoodie Tiedye.jpg

floridays

" There is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." -- 1Timothy 2:5
That mediator did it all on a cross 2000 years or so ago, he bridged the gap between God and man, but ya got to go through Him. He's alive today, currently, and is my advocate with the Father.

Status
Not open for further replies.