Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod

Retired 23 years
Personally I just don’t get it. Too many bad things have happened to too many good people that I have know to justify there being a god. Even at this moment I have a sister in law dying of cancer who never hurt a flea in her life.

bbsam

Staff member
Personally I just don’t get it. Too many bad things have happened to too many good people that I have know to justify there being a god. Even at this moment I have a sister in law dying of cancer who never hurt a flea in her life.
Since when has dying or manner of dying had anything to do with one’s level of “good” or “evil”?

That is a fascinating correlation.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Not God's fault.
Death and sickness is in the world because of Satan.
Bad things happen to good people, good things happen to bad people.

rod

Retired 23 years
Not God's fault.
Death and sickness is in the world because of Satan.
Bad things happen to good people, good things happen to bad people.
So anything good gets credited to god and anything bad is the work of the devil. How convenient. God better step up his act—he’s falling WAY behind. Apparently god don’t have a MAR

Last edited:

newfie

So anything good gets credited to god and anything bad is the work of the devil. How convenient. God better step up his act—he’s falling WAY behind. Apparently god don’t have a MAR

any thing bad is created by that person that created the bad. God is not managing this world he give us the means to make good and bad decisions. And hes given us a book full of life lessons and teachings to guide us.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Could it be that your assumption that God intervenes in the day to day lives of humans is at error?

What if 'God' set things up with 'natural laws' and let things happen as they may ... a big experiment and we are the viruses.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
If god is this all wonderful individual, why did he create bad people. Why not just make and program all of us as good robots?
That is a premise that does not make sense.
Is it possible, the Creator gave everything free will to be acted on in a random way (random to us )?

Last edited:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I seem to remember my priest stating that man was created in the image of god. If we are flawed then he must be also.

Status
Not open for further replies.