Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

browndevil

7Low8XU.jpg
And ask those same people about climate change...CRICKETS!!!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
And ask those same people about climate change...CRICKETS!!!
There are many critics and studies coming out now that point out the fallacies in the UN based Global Warming Warnings in relation to Human causality.
There were so many assumptions in every study (a necessarily evil) that were exaggerating the expected impact that the studies' projections are above the projections set forth in 1990.
I'm a math type guy and I am somewhere in the middle of the opposing arguments.
I know I don't believe anything politicians say.

I guess our great-grandchildren will look back on this period of conjecture with respect or disdain.

floridays

I seem to remember my priest stating that man was created in the image of god. If we are flawed then he must be also.
You missed it buddy.
God, three in one, Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
Bottomups, three in one, body, soul, spirit.
An image, not a copy or piece. Beyond those three you have absolutely nothing in common with God, and the fact of the matter is, you were born dead to Him.

rod

Retired 23 years
Could it be that your assumption that God intervenes in the day to day lives of humans is at error?

What if 'God' set things up with 'natural laws' and let things happen as they may ... a big experiment and we are the viruses.
Then he isn’t the kind and just god that people pay 10% of their earnings for

rod

Retired 23 years
We had a new church come to town years ago (Agape) and they hounded the crowd into believing that everything was to be turned over to the church. I know of a few locals who damn near went bankrupt trying to appease god. Mean while the minister had the nicest mansion on the best lake around.After a few years they skipped town.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Then he isn’t the kind and just god that people pay 10% of their earnings for
No argument from me.

And BTW, the 10% tithe back in the BC times was to pay the Priesthood who were in essence the Government of the day.
The 10% tithe of the Catholic and Protestant churches are not for the same purpose as outlined in the Bible.

newfie

for the expression eat me he should be holding his genital bulge not flipping the bird

Last edited by a moderator:

floridays

Darn Satan, who created that guy anyway?
God did, and he was created in perfection.
From this statement, you acknowledge God as Creator, your homework is to find out how you will deal with Him at your appointed time.
Hebrews 9:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

If I were you, I'd be looking for an advocate. I'd suggest the advocate I was speaking of, the one you awarded my post with a funny rating.
Best to you, I truly hope the scales are removed from your eyes. I see no justice in a scoundrel, such as my self being forgiven and one as good as you dying in your sins.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We had a new church come to town years ago (Agape) and they hounded the crowd into believing that everything was to be turned over to the church. I know of a few locals who damn near went bankrupt trying to appease god. Mean while the minister had the nicest mansion on the best lake around.After a few years they skipped town.
I think most people would be surprised to learn how many churches have massive amounts of debt.

floridays

If god is this all wonderful individual, why did he create bad people. Why not just make and program all of us as good robots?
He didn't create bad people. He created Adam then formed Eve from Adam's rib. And they walked with God. Eve chose to do the one thing God explicitly told them not to do, an act of free will. I'll credit you with having enough sense to figure the rest out. If you can't, I'll be around to walk you through it.

floridays

Cool, What does any of that have to do with Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.