rental trucks

Pseudonym

Wondering how many of your centers are running rentals on a daily basis / how many out of the fleet are out there?

seems horribly inefficient but I suppose the deliveries need to happen one way or another..

PT Car Washer

Wondering how many of your centers are running rentals on a daily basis / how many out of the fleet are out there?

seems horribly inefficient but I suppose the deliveries need to happen one way or another..
I believe we have about a dozen or more that we have been using non stop since early Spring. Including 3 big 26 ft straight trucks. I don't see us giving any trucks back and a big push to rent more before Thanksgiving.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have about 25 of them. I blew my motor up a month ago and a rental was all that my mechanic could find on the lot. A/C and radio was nice, but I would rather have shelves and a bulkhead door.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

About two dozen. All used everyday since March. I’ve been stuck in one since then. About to hit them with a triple injury claim once my body finally decides to crap out on me. My back shoulders and knees are absolutely killing me. Probably get an extra two hours of OT a day because of how inefficient it is and the load quality. Back in the :censored2: of things I was delivering 500 stops upwards of 1200 pieces in one working until 11:30 for a month straight.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
About two dozen. All used everyday since March. I’ve been stuck in one since then. About to hit them with a triple injury claim once my body finally decides to crap out on me. My back shoulders and knees are absolutely killing me. Probably get an extra two hours of OT a day because of how inefficient it is and the load quality. Back in the :censored2: of things I was delivering 500 stops upwards of 1200 pieces in one working until 11:30 for a month straight.

why not slow down?

DOK

We have about 25 of them. I blew my motor up a month ago and a rental was all that my mechanic could find on the lot. A/C and radio was nice, but I would rather have shelves and a bulkhead door.
A veteran like yourself in a rental? If my truck went down I’d pull rank in the center, I’m sure my center manager would have no problem with that either.

DOK

[/QUOTE

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

A veteran like yourself in a rental? If my truck went down I’d pull rank in the center, I’m sure my center manager would have no problem with that either.
No luck with that. Union won’t do anything either. Tried filing for unsafe work conditions and something along the lines of improper work equipment but they won’t do it.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
We’ve been using a handful of rentals all summer. Now with college kids moving back in, our center looks like a Penske dealership. The bid driver of the route I’m covering this week has been running out of a rental by request all summer. It’s 70 stops, 200 miles. Nice to not eat dust all day.

It’s funny to hear these new drivers talk about how they’re “killing it out there,” only to watch them eat:censored3: when they get stuck in a rental.

PACNW

“ the new guy needs the truck with mapnav”

Yep. We have vets being forced out of their cars for Map Nave reasons. We have a couple of new cars with no cradle yet and a bunch of rentals being forced on bid routes, cause the new guys are completely lost without the Nav.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
In my case, there were no package cars on the yard, only rentals. The mechanic apologized to me for bringing the rental. He and the wrecker driver both helped me swap just about a full load.