rental trucks

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Im just waiting for someone not holding a CDL to get into a fender bender in an air brake equipped truck....
ScarceImpressionableArachnid-size_restricted.gif

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
We just got 5 brand new 600s with the little white air vents in the back. So far they've been sitting on the lot for a week with no license plates. Meanwhile drivers are running around in unmarked Penskes (save for the little black DOT placard) looking like they're out casing neighborhoods.

PT Car Washer

We just got 5 brand new 600s with the little white air vents in the back. So far they've been sitting on the lot for a week with no license plates. Meanwhile drivers are running around in unmarked Penskes (save for the little black DOT placard) looking like they're out casing neighborhoods.
We just received s few of those also. All new trucks go to outlying centers that cannot afford a mechanic. Then they send us their junk until we have time to scrap them.

Hot Carl

It was always a pretty sight at the end of peak every year when all the rental trucks were parked in one long row out in the parking lot, all ready to go back. Now we can't get rid of them to save our lives. Have at least a dozen going out every day. Budgets, Penskes, Enterprises. We have rookie drivers qualifying in them, and swing drivers taking out 200+ stops in them.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Can not required if gvwr is under 26,001 lbs.
You don't need a CDL for air brakes as long as the gvwr is under 26000 lbs.

Would you let someone ride your CBR simply because they know how to ride a bicycle?

Probably not.

It isn't about the weight. Most of these kids have not seen or used them before.

I sat and watched a guy thousand yard stare the dashboard for a couple minutes before I went over and showed him what to do.

Then suggested he let them know he doesn't feel comfortable.

We have a whole thread on standard handbrake usage.

But yes.... Its under weight.

So the kid who has only driven a compact car his whole life, tested in out in a 500 should be driving a box truck.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
We got two of those 600s recently. One had the vent ripped off by a tree limb the first day on the road.

specter208

Would you let someone ride your CBR simply because they know how to ride a bicycle?

Probably not.

It isn't about the weight. Most of these kids have not seen or used them before.

I sat and watched a guy thousand yard stare the dashboard for a couple minutes before I went over and showed him what to do.

Then suggested he let them know he doesn't feel comfortable.

We have a whole thread on standard handbrake usage.

But yes.... Its under weight.

So the kid who has only driven a compact car his whole life, tested in out in a 500 should be driving a box truck.
My center try’s to put only drivers that are comfortable and/or have experience with larger trucks such as shifters, feeders and air shuttle drivers.

opie

No rentals here other than maybe 2 or 3 24 footers they use for bulk stops/pickups. They had a handful of 4 door car rentals for the PVDs. But no more. It's settled down over the past 2 months.