Republicare

BrownArmy

Democrats controlled Congress for 40 years. From the looks of things Republicans can have a pretty good run themselves, although likely not that long. But Democrats were a different party under Tip O'Neill. Dems are so far Left now the mainstream is at least concerned about what they might do. Had complete control for two years and we got Obamacare. Thank goodness they weren't able to get Cap-and-Trade done.

Cap-and-Trade makes sense...what makes more sense is a carbon-tax.

(I know, it seems counter-intuitive. Look it up, it's right up your alley.)

Forget the D's being too far left, does it concern you that R's are too far right?

Has it occurred to you that you're falling into the (same old) trap?

Relativity, my man.

///

Now, forget all this R/D noise.

What's your plan for moving our population off-planet?

vantexan

Cap-and-Trade makes sense...what makes more sense is a carbon-tax.

(I know, it seems counter-intuitive. Look it up, it's right up your alley.)

Forget the D's being too far left, does it concern you that R's are too far right?

Has it occurred to you that you're falling into the (same old) trap?

Relativity, my man.

///

Now, forget all this R/D noise.

What's your plan for moving our population off-planet?
You work for UPS and you want a carbon tax? And I'll save the interstellar stuff for the tinfoil hat crowd.

It will be fine

How about delaying getting to their goals.
I used 'blocking' to mean obstructing.

Blocking - the action or fact of blocking or obstructing someone or something.
So that's a no on any actual specifics of the mean old democrats blocking the republicans. Just republican talking points with no truth behind it. Sad!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
How about delaying getting to their goals.
I used 'blocking' to mean obstructing.

Blocking - the action or fact of blocking or obstructing someone or something.
So that's a no on any actual specifics of the mean old democrats blocking the republicans. Just republican talking points with no truth behind it. Sad!
A better word would have been 'obstructing' ... sorry I didn't break that down to a simpler level in my post to which you responded.

newfie

I understand what you meant. I also understand you have nothing backing up your point.

denial by demanding a listing of offenses be produced . common MB Tactic. Could you possibly provide an example of the democratic leadership strongly coming out to support the trump agenda?

upload_2017-6-23_9-35-29.png

newfie

democratic response to the senate health care bill was immediate and coordinated yesterday. Schumer was on the floor describing it in dire terms minutes after the bill was reviewed and released. democratic protestors were in the senate halls at the same time doing "die in" protests.
Either the dems have the ability to all speed read , provide immediate calculations of all financial aspects of the new bill and immediately organize protests or this was all set up as obstruction while they were at the same time complaining about the republicans engaging in secret negotiations. now that its out the next step

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ate-business-over-health-care-bill/103012262/

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
democratic response to the senate health care bill was immediate and coordinated yesterday. Schumer was on the floor describing it in dire terms minutes after the bill was reviewed and released. democratic protestors were in the senate halls at the same time doing "die in" protests.
Either the dems have the ability to all speed read , provide immediate calculations of all financial aspects of the new bill and immediately organize protests or this was all set up as obstruction while they were at the same time complaining about the republicans engaging in secret negotiations. now that its out the next step

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ate-business-over-health-care-bill/103012262/
Sounds eerily like Rebublicans when they were so supportive of the process when Democrats were in charge.

newfie

Sounds eerily like Rebublicans when they were so supportive of the process when Democrats were in charge.

so you support this blatantly dishonest misrepresentation of the bill by the dems but will whine like a little girl if a republican says anything that you deem less then honest.

newfie

What part of the new senate bill do you think is a good idea?

i'm in complete agreement with a wide open across the state lines competitive insurance market .

I don't think it matters what I think on this subject. Obama created a plan that would implode and drag us into single payer. I support the efforts to fight that but I think the cement shoes are already cast and pulling us down.

with that in mind I think the only thing schumer and Pelosi was worried about was protecting Obama's legacy and fighting any efforts to fix it.

script and plans for this defense of Obamacare was written months ago and it did not matter what the republicans came up with.

It will be fine

i'm in complete agreement with a wide open across the state lines competitive insurance market .

I don't think it matters what I think on this subject. Obama created a plan that would implode and drag us into single payer. I support the efforts to fight that but I think the cement shoes are already cast and pulling us down.

with that in mind I think the only thing schumer and Pelosi was worried about was protecting Obama's legacy and fighting any efforts to fix it.

script and plans for this defense of Obamacare was written months ago and it did not matter what the republicans came up with.
Allowing insurance companies to sell plans across state lines isn't in either the House or Senate bill. If you want a free open market this bill doesn't really go back to that.

BrownArmy

Both the House and Senate versions are just transfers of wealth from the poor to the rich.

Neither version comes anywhere close to Trumps' campaign promises.

bbsam

Staff member
This is step 2 of the 4 step plan as laid out by Ryan.
I believe the 'across state lines' comes in step 4.
Then it is not in either the House not Senate plan, correct? It's in step 4 which will never happen?

Pretty dumb of them. For it to work and not screw people over, would have to happen immediately I would think. Otherwise members of congress are stuck telling constituents, "I know it sucks now, but in three years after you reelect me...."