Republicare

vantexan

There are millions that work hard every day and still could not afford healthcare without Obamacare.
Then that should of been addressed instead of hurting everyone. Maybe a small tax on everyone designed to pay for care as needed. Maybe build clinics in centrally located towns in every county and pay for doctors education in exchange for years of service. The Dems insisted the subsidized have excellent plans with all kinds of features that many would never need. Just another way to hurt insurance companies on the way to single payer. And let's be honest. It's not about helping the poor although some certainly are in it for that. It's about building dependency on gov't. When you are dependent for money and benefits you vote for the party providing them. Millions of votes for Dems designed for them to get and stay in power. That's all it's about.

vantexan

Try to follow the conversation without deflecting chump.
Nope son, you said I had it very wrong when I said most working people had affordable insurance before Obamacare. If Obamacare was the great deal you make it out to be why didn't everyone drop their employer insurance and buy on the exchanges? Come on liberal warrior, you've got all the answers, tell us?

MAKAVELI

Nope son, you said I had it very wrong when I said most working people had affordable insurance before Obamacare. If Obamacare was the great deal you make it out to be why didn't everyone drop their employer insurance and buy on the exchanges? Come on liberal warrior, you've got all the answers, tell us?
Um....... because they couldn't.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Nope. You're blinded by your hatred of liberals as usual. You said most people had affordable good coverage before obamacare. That is pure :censored2:ing delusion. Our health insurance system is garbage. With or without obama.

vantexan

Under the ACA if your employer offers coverage you don't qualify for the subsidy.
Who said anything about qualifying for the subsidy? If Obamacare is such a good deal why don't people drop their employer coverage and get on the exchange? Truth is for most people who had insurance before Obamacare was passed had reasonably affordable insurance that actually covered things. The people who got insurance on Obamacare who couldn't afford it before were essentially given insurance and as a result everyone else saw their premiums and deductibles increase exponentially. And now people are trying to explain away why we should keep the ACA when most people are hurt by it.

vantexan

Nope. You're blinded by your hatred of liberals as usual. You said most people had affordable good coverage before obamacare. That is pure :censored2:ing delusion. Our health insurance system is garbage. With or without obama.
We used to have a $100 annual deductible at FedEx, everything else for the employee was paid for. Even when it went up a little before the ACA was passed it was a decent deal. Since the ACA it has turned into garbage. And people are saying that about their healthcare everywhere, premiums way too high, deductibles so high only good for catastrophes. But if you're subsidized it's a good deal.

vantexan

I don't have to be blinded by hatred, just have to sit back and watch them riot, lie about police to the point of getting cops killed, demand everything be given to them. I wonder if this is how Rome was before it was destroyed?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Are you saying all the people who's premiums and deductibles have gone through the roof are better off than before the ACA was passed Nancy?
If you could put your neocon bias aside and follow the conversation you'd see what I'm saying is that our health insurance system is garbage. With or without obamacare.

I think it's adorable that you blame obama. Like a baby's binky, gotta have that crutch.

vantexan

If you could put your neocon bias aside and follow the conversation you'd see what I'm saying is that our health insurance system is garbage. With or without obamacare.

I think it's adorable that you blame obama. Like a baby's binky, gotta have that crutch.
I blame his party which he lead, and put his moniker on this garbage. But you didn't answer my question. Not deflecting are you? Is everyone who have seen their premiums and deductibles skyrocket better off under the ACA than before it was passed?

MAKAVELI

We used to have a $100 annual deductible at FedEx, everything else for the employee was paid for. Even when it went up a little before the ACA was passed it was a decent deal. Since the ACA it has turned into garbage. And people are saying that about their healthcare everywhere, premiums way too high, deductibles so high only good for catastrophes. But if you're subsidized it's a good deal.
There is nothing in the ACA that forces FedEx to raise our deductibles to where they are now.

It will be fine

I blame his party which he lead, and put his moniker on this garbage. But you didn't answer my question. Not deflecting are you? Is everyone who have seen their premiums and deductibles skyrocket better off under the ACA than before it was passed?
Premiums and deductibles were going up before the ACA. I had years when my premiums would double. Most people that get coverage through their employer never saw those cost increases.

Under the ACA your max out of pocket is capped based on your income. That makes insurance affordable through subsidies. Under Republicare people get tax breaks based on age. So an lower income man in his late 50s early 60s won't have a snowballs chance of affording insurance on the open market. His premiums would go up in $20k/year range. I guess to republicans freedom is being completely beholden to your employer so they don't kill you by laying you off.

newfie

Premiums and deductibles were going up before the ACA. I had years when my premiums would double. Most people that get coverage through their employer never saw those cost increases.

Under the ACA your max out of pocket is capped based on your income. That makes insurance affordable through subsidies. Under Republicare people get tax breaks based on age. So an lower income man in his late 50s early 60s won't have a snowballs chance of affording insurance on the open market. His premiums would go up in $20k/year range. I guess to republicans freedom is being completely beholden to your employer so they don't kill you by laying you off.

its a useless argument to try to make. phase one has no final product . once they do their will be other bills that will improve on specific sections of the industry.

The democratic attack focuses on making it sound like this first phase is the whole package. they are interested in preserving Obama's legacy rather then fixing a health insurance problem that is getting worse by the minute.