Retired today!!!

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
After 35 1/2 years I hung it up today! My local came out, as well as my wife kids and grandkids, it was very special. My son is a driver in Scratch's Hub and I'm glad he got to see me retire,and everyone was laughing over how much we look alike. I brought a bottle of Champagne for my management team to pop open and celebrate my leaving, i know they will!!!!View attachment 323971View attachment 323972View attachment 323973View attachment 323974
Congratulations!!!!

oldngray

nowhere special
I heard you die around 1 year after retirement
🧔✊
not dead yet.gif

rod

Retired 23 years
I heard you die around 1 year after retirement
🧔✊
Only if you work as long as some on here. If you aren't retiring until you are in your mid- 60's you are cutting your odds way back on having a long active retirement. By the time I turned 65 I already had 12 plus years of retirement fun under my belt. I can tell you right now that traveling around the country screwing off was way more fun at 52-53 than it is now that I'm 72.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Congratulation! Enjoy your new life! It will be a nice change!
I Retired a little over 2 months ago. It looked different in my large center. Not a lot of love in my center. I left with my request of no recognition or even a mention of me leaving and I’ve since learned 2 others have retired after I left and they did the same thing.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Only if you work as long as some on here. If you aren't retiring until you are in your mid- 60's you are cutting your odds way back on having a long active retirement. By the time I turned 65 I already had 12 plus years of retirement fun under my belt. I can tell you right now that traveling around the country screwing off was way more fun at 52-53 than it is now that I'm 72.
I plan on retiring mid 40s , do you invest in gold?
🧔✊

rod

Retired 23 years
I plan on retiring mid 40s , do you invest in gold?
🧔✊
One of my regrets in life. I could have bought gold for around $35 bucks an oz at one time---but I didn't. I also had $10,000 available to invest in the market in 1971-but chose not to. Used it as a down payment on a lake house. My life of luxury has come because of a few smart real estate investments and and rolling over my UPS Thrift Plan monies into the market when UPS got rid of the Plan. UPS's stock split was a BIG boost for me also. I'm a FIRM believer in finding a GOOD financial adviser and sticking with him. I only wish I would have went with one earlier.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I know a lot if you older guys were here with a different ups for a very long time but I can promise there will be no celebration for me.

Once I get my time in they’ll piss me off one day and I’ll either quit right then or drive the truck out and leave it.

rod

Retired 23 years
I know a lot if you older guys were here with a different ups for a very long time but I can promise there will be no celebration for me.

Once I get my time in they’ll piss me off one day and I’ll either quit right then or drive the truck out and leave it.
Every driver has probably said that at one time but (I have never heard of it actually happening) . Maybe with a seasonal driver or someone like that but not someone who has put their time in.

Then again--have you actually put your time in? Don't you only work about 3 days a week normally? :-)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
One of my regrets in life. I could have bought gold for around $35 bucks an oz at one time---but I didn't. I also had $10,000 available to invest in the market in 1971-but chose not to. Used it as a down payment on a lake house. My life of luxury has come because of a few smart real estate investments and and rolling over my UPS Thrift Plan monies into the market when UPS got rid of the Plan. UPS's stock split was a BIG boost for me also. I'm a FIRM believer in finding a GOOD financial adviser and sticking with him. I only wish I would have went with one earlier.
You could have bought bitcoin at around 5k in March 😝