Retirement Getting Closer

Officially done. Got to give props to my manager "John" even after only working for him technically 5 months he still had a cake for me and a little get together with a few preload people to wish me off, some I've known a long time, some just briefly. Goodbye UPS I won't miss you, but I will misss my long time friends.
Congratulations you old bastard

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Officially done. Got to give props to my manager "John" even after only working for him technically 5 months he still had a cake for me and a little get together with a few preload people to wish me off, some I've known a long time, some just briefly. Goodbye UPS I won't miss you, but I will misss my long time friends.
Congratulations Johney! May you have a long, healthy, enjoyable retirement!

Johney

Pineapple King
Congratulations you old bastard
Thanks I've, it's been a long time and I can't believe I made it. I would have liked to have made it to 35 years, but I have to admit working nights just got to me. I bailed on package cause I knew how much that was going to suck(and it still does)to jump into feeders and that saved me for a number of years, but after(even 7 &1/2 years)of trying to stay awake on the highway it was time to bail, so I was able to get a 22.3 gig shifting to hopefully get me through two more years to make my 35 I found that the nights just wasn't going to do it anymore so with no other options but to retire....I did.

Thanks I've, it's been a long time and I can't believe I made it. I would have liked to have made it to 35 years, but I have to admit working nights just got to me. I bailed on package cause I knew how much that was going to suck(and it still does)to jump into feeders and that saved me for a number of years, but after(even 7 &1/2 years)of trying to stay awake on the highway it was time to bail, so I was able to get a 22.3 gig shifting to hopefully get me through two more years to make my 35 I found that the nights just wasn't going to do it anymore so with no other options but to retire....I did.
Trust me I completely understand

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
10 days and yes very excited.
10 days is when I started my countdown. Never so excited to actually go to work. It was as if I was walking on air those last few days. Only to be topped by the first 10 days of, "I never have to do that again, EVER!" I've been retired since April 2018, and haven't set foot in that place since. Congrats on your retirement, you've earned every bit of it!

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
10 days is when I started my countdown. Never so excited to actually go to work. It was as if I was walking on air those last few days. Only to be topped by the first 10 days of, "I never have to do that again, EVER!" I've been retired since April 2018, and haven't set foot in that place since. Congrats on your retirement, you've earned every bit of it!
I started counting down around 280 days before retirement. I had an app on my phone that told me how many days I had left. It got really exciting about 2 weeks before the last day. I’ve been out about 14 months and like you I never plan on setting foot in that place again. I still catch myself thinking of what “I will never have to do again.” Last Friday night at 9:50 pm I saw a UPS truck heading in and I just breathed a sigh of relief as a smile went across my face.

Last edited:

hardcharger

There is no talking to someone like this. It's the same as trying to change someone's mind about their politics, abortion, religion ,etc.

It's a waste of time.
No offense but aren’t you retired?? Why would you even be on browncafe still?? I appreciate the company but once I retire I’m leaving and never looking back.