Retro check is in!

CoffeeStainedUniform

I’m an up-to-date paid, getting ripped off by the union member. The union should have told all union members updates, they haven’t. July 5th is more than 6-8 weeks, the union and UPS announced. The union has failed again.
6-8 weeks...they gave a bad estimate but weren't contractually abligated to give one. The time to ask WTH was a few weeks back...or votes back. Either way, "simmer down naw"

Boston25

Today is day 48 since UPS and Teamsters announced 6-8 weeks for retro checks. That means tomorrow is day 49. That’s 7 weeks. Many have speculated that the first week of July will be retro pay. That will be well over 8 weeks. What is the union doing about this? Do they have a plan?
Are you a dues paying member? If you are I’ll give you a answer if not then I cannot divulge that information.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
you sift through these threads and it is in plain sight why unions, especially the "big box" corrupt corporate types, are going to be extinct in the US soon :/

Indecisi0n

Today is day 48 since UPS and Teamsters announced 6-8 weeks for retro checks. That means tomorrow is day 49. That’s 7 weeks. Many have speculated that the first week of July will be retro pay. That will be well over 8 weeks. What is the union doing about this? Do they have a plan?
What day number is it the day after tomorrow's tomorrow ?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I’m an up-to-date paid, getting ripped off by the union member.

You are ?

Why ?

PS it maybe time for workers to give the Teamsters the boot.

Advocating for de-authorization is worse, than being a RTW scab.

If you want to leave the Teamsters, message me. Time to join another Union or start our own

Did you ever get a hold of this guy ?

I'm not a member why pay to be a member when you can still file grievances and use the union anyway

@Jumpin Jack Flash

Maybe.... I was thinking of a different part-timer.

blakerben

So July 5th is what I’ve been hearing here in my local too. I’ve also heard that UPS is going to break up the retro pay in to multiple checks over multiple weeks instead of one big check at one time. I guess that’s to try to keep some people from seeing that big back pay check and bolting out the door. (And to keep earning that interest as long as they can) I just wonder if they will have our total back checks to us by July 5th, or is July 5th when they will start sending out the checks?

So July 5th is what I’ve been hearing here in my local too. I’ve also heard that UPS is going to break up the retro pay in to multiple checks over multiple weeks instead of one big check at one time. I guess that’s to try to keep some people from seeing that big back pay check and bolting out the door. (And to keep earning that interest as long as they can) I just wonder if they will have our total back checks to us by July 5th, or is July 5th when they will start sending out the checks?

You can be sure that the union will keep all its members up to date on everything regarding retro pay. Lmao It seems we pay dues for them to keep things a secret.

Gman33909

Makes sense on ups side to break up the retro pay, i know for a fact a lot of newer employees are bouncing once they get the check, IDK if they can break up the pay like that gonna be some pissed off people come the 5th

dogs.bite.me

You can be sure that the union will keep all its members up to date on everything regarding retro pay. Lmao It seems we pay dues for them to keep things a secret.

Posted on June 5th, well before the 8 week deadline they originally gave, updating the status of back pay. So ya, they are keeping back pay a secret.

Maybe you’re a “ripped off union member” because you dont do your part as a union member and stay informed.

Blazian81

I dont think they would break it up like that cause ppls have garnishment and child support that come out of there checks so it would throw ppls garnishment and child support payments way off if they do that

rod

Retired 23 years
I heard a rumor that they have to go back to the drawing board because there was a mix up in the agreement. Retro pay is now set for July 1st 2020