Running a route.

upsmannc

Brown For Today
So got a question. A little new to the driving. Been with UPS for a couple years. Anyways. When running a route that you don’t know. How do you make sure you have all your business off by 5? Without having to click details on every stop

542thruNthru

So got a question. A little new to the driving. Been with UPS for a couple years. Anyways. When running a route that you don’t know. How do you make sure you have all your business off by 5? Without having to click details on every stop
Send in a DIAD message. "New on route. Please inform of any remaining business stops I may have."

Always put it on your management team. Sending a message documents it if they do not respond or they tell you that you don't and later you find out you do.

JJinVA

I wish they would change the resi/comm softkey function to toggle business/resi like it SEEMS it would. Still not sure what it does but it isnt that.

Anyways, if Im not sure Ill call the center around 2 and ask if I have any businesses left and they can see. The route that Im on right now (for the most part) if I ran it according to Orion I would have 10-15 missed businesses everyday. Though Im not sure how dispatch would fix it without completely murdering how Orion calculates the "least gas mileage path" considering I essentially have to run the route 3-5 times a day. Air, bulk, (sometimes irregs), businesses, resi.

DriverNerd

I send a message in about 1 hour prior to starting pickups asking what stops remaining are business. Usually I don't get a response and just sheet as missed when I get to them.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
LOL
A question for the ages

Overpaid Union Thug

Send in a DIAD message. "New on route. Please inform of any remaining business stops I may have."

Always put it on your management team. Sending a message documents it if they do not respond or they tell you that you don't and later you find out you do.
If you end up with missed businesses anyway kindly ask/inform your dispatcher to configure Orion so that it will recognize commercial stops and make a solution accordingly. It’s actually quite easy to do. So I’m told. A dispatcher can actually task Orion with plotting solutions around closed streets, bridges, etc. There is no reason why they cannot task it to plot a solution to make commercial stops delivered earlier.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Dispatch is lazy and will never add 1700 commits to businesses. Just run Orion and anything else is their problem. Understandable if you care about your businesses but if you don’t know a route then you don’t know it.

If you really want to learn then just run by shelf and not by Orion.

Fido

Until you come upon that one route with a lot of dock stops and there's a bulk stop at 8900 and 6900.
Some drivers want it like that because it literally makes it easier. Would you rather pull 30-40 bulk at a dock stop from the 2000 shelf or from the 6 or 8 shelf?
And they get put there because they are an everyday delivery

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Until you come upon that one route with a lot of dock stops and there's a bulk stop at 8900 and 6900.
I would hope that even using the shelves to deliver, you have time to see 60 for 6990 or some other oddities in your diad walking back from some dark alley. Nobody complains to me when I move 1-4 bulk stops or large irregs to the rear so they must've found it decently enough.

Does anybody get the preloader that mixes 20 residential stops in the middle of 30 bulk pieces for the same shelf does not give a $(#)*

Fido

I would hope that even using the shelves to deliver, you have time to see 60 for 6990 or some other oddities in your diad walking back from some dark alley. Nobody complains to me when I move 1-4 bulk stops or large irregs to the rear so they must've found it decently enough.

Does anybody get the preloader that mixes 20 residential stops in the middle of 30 bulk pieces for the same shelf does not give a $(#)*
A route I take over for vacation has Best Buy imbedded as 5500. 5-5499 is residential and yes it is like scrambled eggs