Sarah Palin Says Independence Day Is For Remembering When Jesus Led The Revolution

BrownArmy

Freedom doesn't come from the federal government or your state government. (Our state motto says "With God all things are possible.)

Freedom is formed within a persons soul and actions or lack thereof precipitate from there...

So we're in agreement about Jefferson, cheers.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Freedom doesn't come from the federal government or your state government. (Our state motto says "With God all things are possible.)

Freedom is formed within a persons soul and actions or lack thereof precipitate from there.
That's why Christians in communist Romania could sing after horrific beatings and torture by their guards.

They were in chains but in the big picture they were more free than their guards.

It's all temporary.
your above post reminds me of why Karl Marx defined religion as the Opiate of the Masses

BrownArmy

your above post reminds me of why Karl Marx defined religion as the Opiate of the Masses

I'm not sure that's where he's coming from.

He and I agree that our rights aren't given to us by the government.

He believes they come from God, I believe they're simply my rights.

In either case, we have our government to hammer out the details, and as you know, the devil is in the details.

Honestly I think that most of this conflagration between dems/pubs/Christians/Atheists/Cthulhu party etc. is mostly wasted energy.

We all want the same things - a vibrant economy, a safe world in which our children/grandchildren can grow up in, a world safe from war and strife, an end to poverty and abuse, and a world where we are able to live up to our given potential.

But, our government is beholden to the party of Mammon, and doesn't serve us.

That's our fault, and until we change that, we're going to get so much more of the same.

I just wish we could stop arguing about the margins, and agree to the core of what we need to do as a populace.

Not holding my breath.

bbsam

Staff member
But that is a simplistic, naive, and lazy way of looking at religion. It is far, far deeper than that. Take it from someone who's had intimate experiences with both narcotics and religion. Marx is talking about something he clearly does not understand.

10 point

I'm not sure that's where he's coming from.

He and I agree that our rights aren't given to us by the government.

He believes they come from God, I believe they're simply my rights.

In either case, we have our government to hammer out the details, and as you know, the devil is in the details.

Honestly I think that most of this conflagration between dems/pubs/Christians/Atheists/Cthulhu party etc. is mostly wasted energy.

We all want the same things - a vibrant economy, a safe world in which our children/grandchildren can grow up in, a world safe from war and strife, an end to poverty and abuse, and a world where we are able to live up to our given potential.

But, our government is beholden to the party of Mammon, and doesn't serve us.

That's our fault, and until we change that, we're going to get so much more of the same.

I just wish we could stop arguing about the margins, and agree to the core of what we need to do as a populace.

Not holding my breath.
There are multiple issues with the depravity of mankind and the basis of that can be summed up in one statement: "Love your neighbor as yourself". (Indecision, no morphed posts on that please :) )
Doing what that statement says takes personal integrity and that is a choice. But it's not typically human nature.

Having a government run religion would never work because the Church itself can't agree on every issue. Just add government and you've got a mess.
I didn't pick Jefferson as a role model Christian leader he was brought up in an earlier post. I'm really surprised that the issue of slavery wasn't interjected.

The supposed waffling of Jefferson's Christian lifestyle is typical of humans but not the final word on this man who lived in a time of phenomenal responsibility and change.

It is easy to say that in times of hardship we (many of us) pray for help and in prosperity we forget to be thankful. That, is also human nature. We always want more. Contentment isn't an easily found commodity today so I'm not holding my breath either.

The world is in turmoil. From families to national issues we can see uncertainty and things out of balance. The norm as we once knew it isn't normal anymore and I'm not blaming the government (minus a few if their overreaching issues).

Last edited:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Because Karl Marx was just so right on his view of politics, religion and on economic issues. Let's not forget on how good he was at motivating the common man.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
But that is a simplistic, naive, and lazy way of looking at religion. It is far, far deeper than that. Take it from someone who's had intimate experiences with both narcotics and religion. Marx is talking about something he clearly does not understand.
My point was 10 point alludes to the notion life here dosent really matter as the afterlife will be so much better.
Selling these ideas is the idea behind the "opiate of the Masses' quote.
Marx saw the rich using Religion as form of control over the downtrodden and poor i.e they may have a terrible life but the afterlife will be wonderful

10 point

My point was 10 point alludes to the notion life here dosent really matter as the afterlife will be so much better.
Selling these ideas is the idea behind the "opiate of the Masses' quote.
Marx saw the rich using Religion as form of control over the downtrodden and poor i.e they may have a terrible life but the afterlife will be wonderful
That's not what I said at all.

It saddens me to think that you likened my post to selling untruths ... and for what purpose?

You nor I can prove the existence of Heaven or Hell. I haven't experienced either.
It's my faith that there is both.
If you don't believe in any of those promises from the Bible I am not going to call you a heathen. I respect your opinion and your rights to your stance on them.

Degrading my faith and likening it to the father of communism's theories doesn't drag me down but it shows that my beliefs bother you for some reason and for that, I can't apologize.

I wish you well.

PS/ The faith that this life and it's trials are but for a moment, a vapor disappearing very quickly was borne way before Karl Marx uttered a word on this planet.

How funny that he couldn't stamp out religious belief in a God who in his mind never existed. He's gone. But faith in Jesus is not.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

It saddens me to think that you likened my post to selling untruths ... and for what purpose?

You nor I can prove the existence of Heaven or Hell. I haven't experienced either.
If you don't believe in any of those promises from the Bible I am not going to call you a heathen. I respect your opinion and your rights to your stance on them.

Degrading my faith and likening it to the father of communism's theories doesn't drag me down but it shows that my beliefs bother you for some reason and for that, I can't apologize.

I wish you well.

PS/ The faith that this life and it's trials are but for a moment, a vapor disappearing very quickly was borne way before Karl Marx uttered a word on this planet.

How funny that he couldn't stamp out religious belief in a God who in his mind never existed. He's gone. But faith in Jesus is not.

Honestly, its already been proven there is no heaven. There is no room with all the satellites up there occupying all the space. As for hell, well, another silly story passed on generation after generation. The earths composition is very clear and science has proven there is no fiery center with demons and some kind of host demon living there.

Faith is one thing, but like the freethinkers who founded this country believed, those stories are just silly.

TOS.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

I wish you well.

Don't be surprised that he misrepresents your posts. I have been referring to him as the Lord of lies on brown cafe, because of that reason and others.
He post stories and links to stories that are untrue. He then goes on to give his opinion and other evidence as to why the story is true. One of his main allies on here is a known troll.
So you must learn to take his posts from now on with a grain of salt and expect him to misrepresent your posts at any time.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
pedophiles.png

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Don't be surprised that he misrepresents your posts. I have been referring to him as the Lord of lies on brown cafe, because of that reason and others.
He post stories and links to stories that are untrue. He then goes on to give his opinion and other evidence as to why the story is true. One of his main allies on here is a known troll.
So you must learn to take his posts from now on with a grain of salt and expect him to misrepresent your posts at any time.
rofl.gif

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Where's the TROLL label for 728? He is just too far out there in LA LA land to be taken seriously anymore.
put me on ignore if you don't like my posts<shrug>
as far as the Catholic Church's lack of actions against priests who are pedophiles in The USA,CAnada,Ireland and elsewhere in the world i'm disgusted by it,and i'd figure you Christian types would would be as well.