Saturday after Thanksgiving

brownIEman

Gotcha , so I should think and not follow some math oriented plan that can't .

Exactly. Why was that so hard?

And more importantly, why weren't all your fellow drivers doing that before Orion came along? Had they been, the company would have seen no gains from the system whatsoever.

brownIEman

We were, your gains are fabricated nonsense

No. UPS cannot create cash out of fabricated nonsense.
Look, you know this is a greedy company. You know it cares little for anything beyond the bottom line.
And yet you persist in thinking it is dumping hundreds of millions into a system that is only costing it
more hundreds of millions. So, why, someone who developed it does not feel bad? You really think the
organization cares about some developers emotions more than the bottom line?

Orion, company wide, has saved UPS miles, and saved UPS money. If it had not, it would be dumped.
But no, you and many of your fellow drivers really believe this is some sort of wasteful effort to screw
drivers, which you think a greedy company like UPS would rather do than make more money. Seriously,
this is a form of cognitive dissonance you guys have going here.

542thruNthru

No. Just no. If you're doing any of that you should just quit.

You can take Orton's suggestions and follow where appropriate and make better choices for the company when appropriate. That's working in the best interest of the company. It's in the contract, look it up.

And don't give me any "I'm just a truck driver I don't get paid to think" bull :censored2:. If you're a top rate driver you are paid way too much to not think.

I'm not saying orion doesn't work but if it does work so well why do none of the centers in my whole building use it(over 400 routes).

I'm serious. Literally 1 month after we got orion it was never used again. We don't even do the 1st stop thing people say they have to do on here.

We are in the San Diego area. If it doesn't work here I can only imagine it doesn't work in a lot of areas.

Any reason why we would be exempt from using orion?

IESucks

No. UPS cannot create cash out of fabricated nonsense.
Look, you know this is a greedy company. You know it cares little for anything beyond the bottom line.
And yet you persist in thinking it is dumping hundreds of millions into a system that is only costing it
more hundreds of millions. So, why, someone who developed it does not feel bad? You really think the
organization cares about some developers emotions more than the bottom line?

Orion, company wide, has saved UPS miles, and saved UPS money. If it had not, it would be dumped.
But no, you and many of your fellow drivers really believe this is some sort of wasteful effort to screw
drivers, which you think a greedy company like UPS would rather do than make more money. Seriously,
this is a form of cognitive dissonance you guys have going here.
Ditto

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You can take Orion's suggestions and follow where appropriate and make better choices for the company when appropriate. That's working in the best interest of the company. It's in the contract, look it up.

If you are referring to half a sentence in Article 37, good luck trying to discipline someone for it.

But, you could file a grievance.... because it's a contract violation. :biggrin:

-Bug-

brownIEman

If you are referring to half a sentence in Article 37, good luck trying to discipline someone for it.

But, you could file a grievance.... because it's a contract violation. :biggrin:

-Bug-

I never mentioned trying to discipline anyone for it. I am merely describing what anyone who is really willing to honestly follow their own commitments under the spirit of the contract language should do. If you want to use the vagueness of the language in a slimy cover for screwing the company, go right ahead, the union put it there for just that purpose. But there are still some employees who take pride in their work and their personal integrity.

brownIEman

I'm not saying orion doesn't work but if it does work so well why do none of the centers in my whole building use it(over 400 routes).

I'm serious. Literally 1 month after we got orion it was never used again. We don't even do the 1st stop thing people say they have to do on here.

We are in the San Diego area. If it doesn't work here I can only imagine it doesn't work in a lot of areas.

Any reason why we would be exempt from using orion?

Taking you at your word, the one reason this could come about that springs immediately to mind is that the implementation was seriously flawed. Orion is a garbage in, garbage out system. If the implementation is badly flawed, so will the results by. Also, orion is impemented on the foundation of DPS, so if the trace and other aspects of the original DPS/PAS deployment were bad, you are trying to build a rickety house on a shaky foundation. Not a good idea.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Taking you at your word, the one reason this could come about that springs immediately to mind is that the implementation was seriously flawed. Orion is a garbage in, garbage out system. If the implementation is badly flawed, so will the results by. Also, orion is impemented on the foundation of DPS, so if the trace and other aspects of the original DPS/PAS deployment were bad, you are trying to build a rickety house on a shaky foundation. Not a good idea.

Bingo!

Solid DOL= strong Orion trace.

Crappy DOL = really long day.

542thruNthru

I'm guessing that's it but why wouldn't they come back and take the time to fix it. In the beginning we were told we had to hit 90% and be with in 3 miles. No one ever came close to those numbers. Next thing we knew orion was just another step in your morning routine. Get EDD then switch to RDO.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
it's not about the stops, it's about the preloads ability to process the work

if the preload goes past their peak capacity, it rolls, that's all there is to it

inside ops is pure math you can't just "get it done" when you're 25-30k over your processing capacity and 20-30 vehicles over your load capacity.......

Since when?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
To build off of this though, and to kind of go on what he is saying, the company does an absolutely horrendous job of training us how to use ORION as supervisors. If we don't understand it, and it is hurting our results because it is a mess, it's not going to be used.

I've learned more from trial and error in ORION than I have through any resource they provide. If they want to really utilize it, they need to stop acting like nothing is different than before.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm guessing that's it but why wouldn't they come back and take the time to fix it. In the beginning we were told we had to hit 90% and be with in 3 miles. No one ever came close to those numbers. Next thing we knew orion was just another step in your morning routine. Get EDD then switch to RDO.
Because those fixes SHOULD be done internally. They aren't going to send an ORION team to clean up the mess.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Forced Saturdays? Haha that’s rich...every Saturday last peak was “mandatory” and I didn’t call in sick or show up for any of them...not a word was ever said...screw these cowards

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I never mentioned trying to discipline anyone for it.

You can't.

I am merely describing what anyone who is really willing to honestly follow their own commitments under the spirit of the contract language should do.

Too bad management doesn't

It's gotta be tough, to carry that burden of hypocrisy.

Management = integrity ?

Since when ?

If you want to use the vagueness of the language in a slimy cover for screwing the company, go right ahead

Just remember, your boys.... agreed to it.

-Bug-