Seasonal PVD pay guarantee??

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I was asking if pvd's are guaranteed pay, just to clarify.
Any idea why I had a guarantee on my paystub at the very beginning?? It was only an hour or so, but I did have it a couple of different weeks. A month went by where I made over 25 hrs & towards the end of "season" I had less hours & didn't see the guarantee again. Think it was just a screw up that it was added??
I think if you do work they are supposed to pay you for 8 hrs. If you don't work they owe you nothing

ManInBrown

Hey dude, I came for help for a legitimate issue. I didn't come here to be a punching bag for you b/c mgmt sucks
& you hate your job. Stop being a pansy & suck it up or find a new job, but leave me out of it & quit your damn
crying b/c nobody wants to hear that :censored2:.
Hey dum dum, most here don’t hate the job. We get paid a fortune. We hate that the union works for UPS, and someone like you is allowed to “work” here.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Every driver I have spoken to has appreciated the extra help the PVD's have provided them. The most common one is lightening their work load so they can get home at a reasonable hour to see their families. Now for drivers who don't fit that category or care, working longer hours may not be a concern. I'm just saying for the ones I have spoken to they welcome the help. Speaking for myself, I'm not trying to take away a union position and would understand if tomorrow they said "you're gone, we're hiring a full timer who will be in the bargaining unit", I'd understand and thank them for the opportunity to have worked at all. Having read many of the threads here it is clear there are serious adversarial issues between management an labor, and even labor and your own union leadership so someone sees an ad for seasonal work, in this current environment, needs to put food on the table and keep a roof over his kids head, comes here to ask the people he/she thinks will know the answer to and gets the kind of responses many are giving? Be a beacon, be someone others can look to, be the person others remember for the right reasons. You'll be happier in the long run.

Cloud

There is no guarantee for PVD. Here you are paid for the hours worked from the time you meet and punch in to the time you finish your last package and punch out. You are also reimbursed for the milage.

But you really won't have to worry about the guarantee/getting your 8 hours. When peak rolls around the corner shortly, they will use and abuse you all the way until Christmas, and then you will be let go.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Every driver I have spoken to has appreciated the extra help the PVD's have provided them. The most common one is lightening their work load so they can get home at a reasonable hour to see their families. Now for drivers who don't fit that category or care, working longer hours may not be a concern. I'm just saying for the ones I have spoken to they welcome the help. Speaking for myself, I'm not trying to take away a union position and would understand if tomorrow they said "you're gone, we're hiring a full timer who will be in the bargaining unit", I'd understand and thank them for the opportunity to have worked at all. Having read many of the threads here it is clear there are serious adversarial issues between management an labor, and even labor and your own union leadership so someone sees an ad for seasonal work, in this current environment, needs to put food on the table and keep a roof over his kids head, comes here to ask the people he/she thinks will know the answer to and gets the kind of responses many are giving? Be a beacon, be someone others can look to, be the person others remember for the right reasons. You'll be happier in the long run.
Upper management does questionable things CONSTANTLY. All the hate may feel personal. But it’s all directed towards upper management.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They got their answer immediately and the answers to their follow-up questions?
I find that reality is a lot less happy the more you face up to it. It's a terrible system.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
They got their answer immediately and the answers to their follow-up questions?
I find that reality is a lot less happy the more you face up to it. It's a terrible system.
1599370353688.gif

Rack em

Made the Podium
I don't get where you got the idea that PVDs get paid top rate. They get paid the starting driver rate.
They get paid top rate here. A seasonal driver who drives a package car would make starting driver wage, but pvd's get the big bucks.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

42D453A7-3186-422D-92AE-216260382848.jpeg

ManInBrown

Every driver I have spoken to has appreciated the extra help the PVD's have provided them.

Thats because the new breed UPS driver is from the lazy generation. They just want help. They don’t care who the help is from. When I was in package, I would gladly work 14 every day before I would pass one stop off too management. I’d bury them in grievances. I would have a real hard time giving stops to a PVD if I was still in Package. That’s why I’m glad I’m not. PVD’s are not the answer, and if the union wasn’t in UPS’s pocket there probably wouldn‘t even be PVD’s. The answer is hiring more package car drivers. And don’t even get me started on 22.4s. Thx Hoffa.

542thruNthru

Hey guys, I'm a seasonal PVD & was curious if you guys know whether or not I am guaranteed pay??? I was told by a co-worker that I'm guaranteed. I did see a few hours a couple of times on my paystubs, & then this past month didnt see it at all. On my paystub I'm listed as a part time supervisor.
Anything helps, thnx

I doubt it but it would depend on where you are. If you do get a guarantee it would more than likely be for 3 or 4 hours not 8 and also only if they work you.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Thats because the new breed UPS driver is from the lazy generation. They just want help. They don’t care who the help is from. When I was in package, I would gladly work 14 every day before I would pass one stop off too management. I’d bury them in grievances. I would have a real hard time giving stops to a PVD if I was still in Package. That’s why I’m glad I’m not. PVD’s are not the answer, and if the union wasn’t in UPS’s pocket there probably wouldn‘t even be PVD’s. The answer is hiring more package car drivers. And don’t even get me started on 22.4s. Thx Hoffa.
Many of the 10 to 13 drivers I have helped are not "new Generation" drivers as you claim. Nor are they lazy. They are some of the hardest working people I know and enjoy working with. The more I read the more it becomes clearer to me that the problem is not hiring PVD's or other seasonal helpers, it's the adversarial climate between the union and management to effectively work toward the goals of providing a safe work environment, an acceptable work load, and augmenting the work force to achieve the goals of getting the pacages delivered as safely and quickly as possible. Now if you are not here to do that, what are you here for?

Ackerlin

Many of the 10 to 13 drivers I have helped are not "new Generation" drivers as you claim. Nor are they lazy. They are some of the hardest working people I know and enjoy working with. The more I read the more it becomes clearer to me that the problem is not hiring PVD's or other seasonal helpers, it's the adversarial climate between the union and management to effectively work toward the goals of providing a safe work environment, an acceptable work load, and augmenting the work force to achieve the goals of getting the pacages delivered as safely and quickly as possible. Now if you are not here to do that, what are you here for?

We want to be lighter, but the ways UPS as a company is trying to achieve it, by PVDS (scabs) is stealing work from our union, and keeping the company from actually hiring more teamsters as drivers, which we need. I have nothing against the person themselves, but I'll never respect nor accept the position of a pvd for the reason I just listed.

To OP, no you are not garunteed anything unless you are in with union. Any other answer you get is false information.

Cloud

They get paid top rate here. A seasonal driver who drives a package car would make starting driver wage, but pvd's get the big bucks.

It's not like that here, but that's crazy giving a seasonal driver only the starting rate and PVDs the top rate and milage.

chicken alfredo

Hey dude, I came for help for a legitimate issue. I didn't come here to be a punching bag for you b/c mgmt sucks
& you hate your job. Stop being a pansy & suck it up or find a new job, but leave me out of it & quit your damn
crying b/c nobody wants to hear that :censored2:.
Lol...whether we love or hate our jobs , at least WE are getting paid 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 And the only one pouting and crying like a baby is YOU. 😢😢😢😢😢