Seasonal PVD pay guarantee??

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
They aren't promised anything when hired. Specifically told you won't jump to a driver position, gotta pay your dues in the warehouse/hub first. What we were promised was fair pay for a fair days work, expected to adhere to grooming standards and pretty much conduct yourself like a regular package car driver in appearance and interaction, if any, with the customer. What I found out along the way is that while my driver would meet me and unload all my stops for the day I then had to sort them, make notes on where in the car I put them so I could run the route more efficiently. On heavy days reload as many as four times and get the last of it out of the business who graciously gave some space for me to sort and store out of the weather by 5pm when they closed, not easy some days. Then when I was done with my 60 to 80 stops go help a package car driver who was in a time crunch for scheduled pick ups and next day air stuff. So bag on the pvd's all you want but there are some out there who knew what they were getting into and some who didn't but sucked it up and did the job anyway. You call them "Scabs" but what is a scab? It's a covering over a wound, in this case work overload for the regular drivers, so they can "heal", in other words not go over their time limit and be subject to penalties and maybe, just maybe, get home to their family at a reasonable hour once in a while. You're Welcome.
You're a thief that stole a hubrat's work. An eternal scumbag

PT Car Washer

Give the PVD driver all the furniture stops.
They won't fit in their car. I walk across the street at night to the employee parking lot where our PVD rental trucks are staged. Every night it the same over sized packages and irregs they could not fit. Bring the rentals back and recycle the over size for the next day.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
These delivery drivers elsewhere are just getting more and more ghetto.
I saw a fedex contractor driving a smashed up white sprinter with a mattress for delivery hanging halfway out with doors bungee corded together.
PVD's believe it or don't are probably one of the more sleek looking considering how they are still provided a uniform and are driving clean, undented cars.
In my opinion, our best bet at supporting our brothers is to simply slow PVD's down and discourage it if at all possible. It's worked wonders here. So much that they cancelled all PVD activity since April due to bad turnout and the ones they did get were slow as hell.

PVD dude

Just so you Union folks know, I am having to pay a Union Hall fee to be a PVD. And no benefits of being in a union. So Your union and YOU are benefiting from us PVD’s. You don’t want UPS hiring more full time. That Eats up profits and doesn’t give your union much bargaining power. Leave us scabs alone for the 2 months you get to abuse us

542thruNthru

Just so you Union folks know, I am having to pay a Union Hall fee to be a PVD. And no benefits of being in a union. So Your union and YOU are benefiting from us PVD’s. You don’t want UPS hiring more full time. That Eats up profits and doesn’t give your union much bargaining power. Leave us scabs alone for the 2 months you get to abuse us
AffectionateSerpentineIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

Thanks for stealing my overtime and food for my family

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I completely disagree with the mindset here that the PVDs are "stealing" union work. I know that this is a contentious topic here, but they are just seasonal workers trying to make a buck during the holidays. It's not like driver positions are being eliminated and replaced with permanent PVD positions. They are just adding to available capacity during a season when it's needed and they bear the responsibility of the wear and tear on their own personal car.

By all means, please take 20 stops out of my crammed package car during peak. And there was definitely more work than I needed last peak, don't think I worked a single day of less than 8 hours.
My route has literally been cut for weeks because they’re giving the work to PVD. You bet your ass they’re taking Union work.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
How on Earth does fewer full time real employees translate to a decrease in the unions bargaining power???
We don't want to "abuse" you.
We want the work to be done by union employees.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
You are directly taking food off the tables off Union employees

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
3044d6a1f8784f1789da530d30451b64.jpg

Doubt your car can stand up to a Chitown Rammer