Seasonal PVD pay guarantee??

Cloud

We want to be lighter, but the ways UPS as a company is trying to achieve it, by PVDS (scabs) is stealing work from our union, and keeping the company from actually hiring more teamsters as drivers, which we need. I have nothing against the person themselves, but I'll never respect nor accept the position of a pvd for the reason I just listed.

To OP, no you are not garunteed anything unless you are in with union. Any other answer you get is false information.

I completely disagree with the mindset here that the PVDs are "stealing" union work. I know that this is a contentious topic here, but they are just seasonal workers trying to make a buck during the holidays. It's not like driver positions are being eliminated and replaced with permanent PVD positions. They are just adding to available capacity during a season when it's needed and they bear the responsibility of the wear and tear on their own personal car.

By all means, please take 20 stops out of my crammed package car during peak. And there was definitely more work than I needed last peak, don't think I worked a single day of less than 8 hours.

PT Car Washer

I completely disagree with the mindset here that the PVDs are "stealing" union work. I know that this is a contentious topic here, but they are just seasonal workers trying to make a buck during the holidays. It's not like driver positions are being eliminated and replaced with permanent PVD positions. They are just adding to available capacity during a season when it's needed and they bear the responsibility of the wear and tear on their own personal car.

By all means, please take 20 stops out of my crammed package car during peak. And there was definitely more work than I needed last peak, don't think I worked a single day of less than 8 hours.
We have been using PVDs all Summer. They sure seem like they are permanent.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
I don't think seasonal employees are guaranteed much of anything.
They aren't promised anything when hired. Specifically told you won't jump to a driver position, gotta pay your dues in the warehouse/hub first. What we were promised was fair pay for a fair days work, expected to adhere to grooming standards and pretty much conduct yourself like a regular package car driver in appearance and interaction, if any, with the customer. What I found out along the way is that while my driver would meet me and unload all my stops for the day I then had to sort them, make notes on where in the car I put them so I could run the route more efficiently. On heavy days reload as many as four times and get the last of it out of the business who graciously gave some space for me to sort and store out of the weather by 5pm when they closed, not easy some days. Then when I was done with my 60 to 80 stops go help a package car driver who was in a time crunch for scheduled pick ups and next day air stuff. So bag on the pvd's all you want but there are some out there who knew what they were getting into and some who didn't but sucked it up and did the job anyway. You call them "Scabs" but what is a scab? It's a covering over a wound, in this case work overload for the regular drivers, so they can "heal", in other words not go over their time limit and be subject to penalties and maybe, just maybe, get home to their family at a reasonable hour once in a while. You're Welcome.