Seasonal PVD pay guarantee??

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
We drove up to humboldt park 2 years ago when I got one of the dogs.

Ended up towing back a 78 bronco...

With 3 bullet holes.

Everyone kept calling it a rammer
Gangbangers drive into each other's hoods and ram their enemies in their cars. They united in force against BLM looters and banged up lootermobiles

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Gangbangers drive into each other's hoods and ram their enemies in their cars. They united in force against BLM looters and banged up lootermobiles
I can't say I saw any of that...

Lots of shadyness was in the area but none directed towards us.

Explains why the other bronco was so banged up

InferiorAromaticCommongonolek-small.gif

Rookie2020

Rookie 2020
Lots of reasons. Number one we lots of money for our union dues we don't want non union people making more than drivers in progression or making more than 22.4 drivers.
If we need people that bad they need to make you a regular employee
Basically you are considered a scab in our eyes.
Question how much does a pad driver make??

Zowert

Blows my mind PVDs are paid top rate. Took me years to get there lol.
Me too, but then I remember they get no benefits and they’re putting wear on their own vehicles. I guess it’s better than Amazon Flex, getting paid $70 for a 4 hour ‘route’. I see them around all the time, spending ten minutes digging through their Toyota Prius for a package. Fools.

TerryLee

I am retired and signed up to be a PVD.
Will pay Union Initiation dues and monthly dues from my first checks.
The Seattle market is paying $30 an hour plus mileage. I will be driving a very good condition 10 year old small SUV, so wear and tear has already happened, and the mileage more than pays the expense of gas and maintenance.
They still have opening for full time drivers, so I don't feel I took anyone's job. The driver I meet seems to genuinely appreciate the help when he can unload 40-50 stops worth of apartments and a few outliers. Not all drivers hate us. The Seattle market, even with Covid, is very hard to find people willing to work, so UPS has many full time, non seasonal, openings available. I know how hard being a full time driver is and it is not for me. But making a few extra dollars for an active retiree is perfect for being a seasonal PVD.

UPSPVD1

Pvd's are suppose to be pay code 6 which is pay guarantee, it is your supervisor who changes it to pay code 5 (pay actual).

Porknado

Pvd's are suppose to be pay code 6 which is pay guarantee, it is your supervisor who changes it to pay code 5 (pay actual).
I don’t think that’s correct for all areas. Our building uses 5V for PVDs. Code 06 is for full time drivers.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Me too, but then I remember they get no benefits and they’re putting wear on their own vehicles. I guess it’s better than Amazon Flex, getting paid $70 for a 4 hour ‘route’. I see them around all the time, spending ten minutes digging through their Toyota Prius for a package. Fools.
They're getting paid for that 10 minutes digging for the right parcel. I see regular package car drivers sprinting to the house and back. Who's the fool?