socialized healthcare

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If we're running close to a trillion dollar deficits now you're literally going to have to confiscate all of their wealth. Then what?

Oh, you mean Trump's deficit? Paying your fair share of taxes is not wealth confiscation, it's simply equitable taxation.

Trump has gifted the rich, ballooned the deficit, and expects us poor folk to pay for it ..and the stupid wall too.

vantexan

Oh, you mean Trump's deficit? Paying your fair share of taxes is not wealth confiscation, it's simply equitable taxation.

Trump has gifted the rich, ballooned the deficit, and expects us poor folk to pay for it ..and the stupid wall too.
We're $22 Trillion in debt, most of it not Trump's doing. There 's not enough money in the world to service the debt and pay for the programs you want. Nowhere near enough. But you hate the rich so let's confiscate their money anyways. All you'll succeed in doing is destroying the economy. You guys never admit that, you just want what you want and pain for everyone be damned.

Well at least i get to walk into the bosses office first thing and say things like "happy :censored2: capitalism day" whats that worth?
Or you could start your own co op and share all your prophets with everybody else. And you can watch them all leave when you have loses.

bacha29

We're $22 Trillion in debt, most of it not Trump's doing. There 's not enough money in the world to service the debt and pay for the programs you want. Nowhere near enough. But you hate the rich so let's confiscate their money anyways. All you'll succeed in doing is destroying the economy. You guys never admit that, you just want what you want and pain for everyone be damned.
But in the end you'll be there holding your hand out to collect every dime of social program benefits you can get your grubby little hands on. When you back your convictions with decisive action then we'll listen to what you have to say.

But in the end you'll be there holding your hand out to collect every dime of social program benefits you can get your grubby little hands on. When you back your convictions with decisive action then we'll listen to what you have to say.
That is what social security is for. I don’t like it. But I do expect the lousy system that took my money for 40 years to fulfill its OBLIGATIONS.

vantexan

You don't want to hear anything but what you want. Please tell us how to pay for it.

bacha29

You don't want to hear anything but what you want. Please tell us how to pay for it.
You'll be too focused on collecting to be worried about how it will be payed for. But, in the meantime you'll continue to bite the hand that will soon be feeding you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Your maroon President is walking back his ACA attacks after being taken to the woodshed by McConnell. Now, he is saying to wait until after 2020 to vote on killing it.

True idiocy. Where do you get your health care, van?

vantexan

You'll be too focused on collecting to be worried about how it will be payed for. But, in the meantime you'll continue to bite the hand that will soon be feeding you.
I'll be participating in a plan that I was required to participate in my entire working life with contributions to it. Now tell me how are you going to provide Medicare for everyone? Free college tuition? How are all the programs of the Green New Deal going to be paid for? At least Yang has thought out how to pay for Universal Basic Income. What have you, or the politicians who propose these things, come up with to pay the trillions needed to support the utopia you think can be achieved?

floridays

What happened since you posted in the past?
You do remember expounding on your great wealth, earned via real estate, and now you are, "us poor folk."

floridays

You continually miss the fact that he was forced to "contribute" to these programs, his contribution was already confiscated through payroll deduction.
The man is just standing in line, awaiting the return from this confiscation. It is a true entitlement. He was forced to participate, promises were made to him, and he has survived long enough to draw on these promises. @vantexan, if I am incorrect, feel free to straighten me out.

vantexan

You continually miss the fact that he was forced to "contribute" to these programs, his contribution was already confiscated through payroll deduction.
The man is just standing in line, awaiting the return from this confiscation. It is a true entitlement. He was forced to participate, promises were made to him, and he has survived long enough to draw on these promises. @vantexan, if I am incorrect, feel free to straighten me out.
You are correct, and I have almost 5 years before collecting anything. He's been twisting this into some other kind of animal for years now. It's the only argument he has, and his argument falls flat. If I do take it at 62 I'm going to raise a glass to Bacha, where ever he might be.