socialized healthcare

BrownArmy

By the way, where are we fighting a proxy war right now?

I do. I never said we weren't only asking if you knew where. A proxy war is where competing powers use regional conflicts as a stand-in for conflict between them. Of the three I believe only Syria qualifies.

Ok, 150.

I guess you were just testing us.

Lulz

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-5_20-9-31.jpeg
    upload_2019-10-5_20-9-31.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 152

BrownArmy

I do. I never said we weren't only asking if you knew where. A proxy war is where competing powers use regional conflicts as a stand-in for conflict between them. Of the three I believe only Syria qualifies.

Yemen and Ukraine are most certainly proxy wars.

vantexan

Yemen and Ukraine are most certainly proxy wars.
Ukraine was going on for quite some time before we have them defensive weapons. Yemen is a war between a Saudi supported government and Iranian backed rebels. The proxy war is between Iran and Saudi Arabia, not us.

BrownArmy

Ukraine was going on for quite some time before we have them defensive weapons. Yemen is a war between a Saudi supported government and Iranian backed rebels. The proxy war is between Iran and Saudi Arabia, not us.

We’re backing the Saudis...it’s a proxy war on our part against Iran, otherwise, why tf would we care?

vantexan

We’re backing the Saudis...it’s a proxy war on our part against Iran, otherwise, why tf would we care?
The Saudis are sworn enemies of Iran. They have a very capable military, don't need us to defend them. The conflict is between them, being fought directly by Yemenis and Houthis.

BrownArmy

The Saudis are sworn enemies of Iran. They have a very capable military, don't need us to defend them. The conflict is between them, being fought directly by Yemenis and Houthis.

Sooo...why are we backing the Saudis with additional military equipment and intelligence in Yemen?

Lulz