Storming the Capitol

vantexan

because that’s the go to anytime the riots get brought up. Clear cut tactic to take the light off the police.
You want a proportionate response from Israel to the Palestinians. Do you think 2 billion in damage, thousands of injuries and dozens of deaths was a proportionate response to George Floyd's death?

What's your conspiracy theory pal?
71058.jpeg

newfie

You don’t have to tell me I grew up in a poor environment. Cops absolutely need retraining. I’ve always been more for community police. People that grew up in those areas would know how to deal with it better versus someone who didn’t grow up there
so all the shooters in chicago just need a hug?

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah. Great job saving black lives, looters and rioters.

CNN, April 3, 2021:

The US saw significant crime rise across major cities in 2020. And it's not letting up

"Major American cities saw a 33% increase in homicides last year as a pandemic swept across the country, millions of people joined protests against racial injustice and police brutality, and the economy collapsed under the weight of the pandemic — a crime surge that has continued into the first quarter of this year.

Sixty-three of the 66 largest police jurisdictions saw increases in at least one category of violent crimes in 2020, which include homicide, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault, according to a report produced by the Major Cities Chiefs Association."

Experts point to a "perfect storm" of factors -- economic collapse, social anxiety because of a pandemic, de-policing in major cities after protests that called for abolition of police departments, shifts in police resources from neighborhoods to downtown areas because of those protests, and the release of criminal defendants pretrial or before sentences were completed to reduce risk of Covid-19 spread in jails -- all may have contributed to the spike in homicides."

"In Chicago, homicides are up 33% in the first three months of the year compared to 2020, while shootings are up nearly 40% for the same period year-over-year. In New York City, the NYPD data shows murders jumped by nearly 14% through March 28, the latest numbers the department has made public, while shootings were up nearly 50%.

In Los Angeles, homicides have increased nearly 36% from 67 to 91 through March 30, LAPD Officer Rosario Cervantes told CNN. Those three cities -- the nation's largest -- all saw significant increases last year over 2019.

The homicide uptick in the three cities comes as Chicago, Houston, and Memphis saw some of the largest surges in homicides last year, with an increase of 100 or more killings compared to 2019. Chicago had a single day with 18 homicides, the largest number for the city on record."

View attachment 338108
It was still Trump’s America.

Box Ox

Ok prove me a liar tell me which of the radical lefts policies you support

Oh those GIFs weren't intended to be smartassy. You're probably right in some ways. If Trump isn't running again in 2024 and the Democrats run a woke idiot for President I'll probably be voting Republican for the first time.

I've always supported what used to be the more traditional Democratic positions on science, education and the environment. All of which are now greatly influenced by political concerns and the "experts'" fear that deviation from the new woke/politically correct gold standards of the left might bring them the social and/or professional guillotine.

It was still Trump’s America.
There's not much a President can do when local governments decide they're going to hobble or dismantle their law enforcement agencies for political purposes. Many have done so. And zero black lives have been saved by their efforts when the huge increases in crime are taken into account.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If Trump isn't running again in 2024 and the Democrats run a woke idiot for President I'll probably be voting Republican for the first time.
No you won't, you'll let the media give you another BS reason to vote Democrat, because you want to vote Democrat, because you're a Democrat.

Just own it man. This need to view yourself as "independent" is just silly.