Storming the Capitol

El Correcto

god is dead
I’m not okay with them. It was outrageous. But it was a state and local matter. This attack on our country was an attack on democracy itself. Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping were pleased.
Attacking federal buildings is a state and local matter? Crossing state lines to do so is a state and local problem?
do you even think before you pull it out your ass?

Tyrone Slothrop

1622829895795.png

Tyrone Slothrop

No, he didn't.

State's Rights!

1. Reagan launched his 1980 general election campaign with a speech lauding “states’ rights” outside Philadelphia, Mississippi — the site of the notorious “Mississippi Burning” murder of three civil rights workers in 1964.
PHILADELPHIA, MS - 1964:  In this picture relaesed by the FBI and the State of Mississippi Attorney General's Office, the bodies of slain civil rights workers James Chaney, Andrew Goodman and Mickey Schwerner lie in an earthen dam June, 1964 just southwest of Philadelphia, Mississippi. The photograph was presented into evidence during the trial of Edgar Ray Killen, who is charged with the 1964 deaths of three civil rights workers June 17, 2005, in Philadelphia, Mississippi.  (Photo by FBI/State of Mississippi Attorney General's Office via Getty Images)
The bodies of slain civil rights workers James Chaney, Andrew Goodman and Mickey Schwerner lie in an earthen dam June, 1964 just southwest of Philadelphia, Mississippi.
James Chaney, Mickey Schwerner and Andrew Goodman were abducted and killedin Mississippi by the local Ku Klux Klan in June 1964 — a case that garnered enormous national attention because, as Schwerner’s widow said, he and Goodman were white.

On August 3, 1980, Reagan traveled to the Neshoba County Fair, which a prominent state Republican had recommended as the place to find “George Wallace-inclined voters.” There — within walking distance of the earthen dam where the murderers of the three civil rights workers had surreptitiously buried them just 16 years before — Reagan delivered a speech including these lines:
I know that in speaking to this crowd, that I’m speaking to what has to be about 90 percent Democrat. I just meant by party affiliation. I didn’t mean how you feel now. I was a Democrat most of my life myself. …
I believe in states’ rights. … And I believe that we’ve distorted the balance of our government today by giving powers that were never intended in the Constitution to that federal establishment. …
As columnist William Raspberry wrote upon Reagan’s death, his endorsement of “states’ rights” — the same phrase white Southerners had used for decades to justify Jim Crow segregation — was “bitter symbolism for black Americans” and “an important bouquet in [GOP] courtship” of Dixiecrats.
The “states’ rights” reference was just one of many racist dog-whistles Reagan employed throughout his political career. During his unsuccessful 1976 run for the Republican presidential nomination, Reagan decried “welfare queens” and a “strapping young buck” who bought T-bone steaks with food stamps. In his 1984 reelection campaign he even returned to Philadelphia and declared that “the South shall rise again.”

El Correcto

god is dead
That was part of the riots, sure. I didn’t differentiate because of course those federal buildings are federal property.
It’s almost like you don’t actually care about unity or insurrectionist acts against the federal government. Only obedience to democrats and cracking down on right wing individuals.
I didn’t see you in here ranting and raving for days at a time over Portland antifa trying to burn down a court house.

Tyrone Slothrop

It’s almost like you don’t actually care about unity or insurrectionist acts against the federal government. Only obedience to democrats and cracking down on right wing individuals.
I didn’t see you in here ranting and raving for days at a time over Portland antifa trying to burn down a court house.
A courthouse in Portland was not the seat of the Federal Government.

I feel sad just having to point this out.

Tyrone Slothrop

oh so no big deal, let’s just move past it and not even think about it. Just a little insurrection, a months long siege of federal buildings. Unlike that one day riot of pissed off individuals.
It’s so typical that you would twist what I actually said into something that fits your viewpoint. For somebody who says they have a job, you sure seem to be on here a lot. Is this your job?

The Driver

I drive.
Next time BLM attacks the seat of democracy and roams the halls calling for the vice president’s head I’ll ALSO call for a commission.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
It’s so typical that you would twist what I actually said into something that fits your viewpoint. For somebody who says they have a job, you sure seem to be on here a lot. Is this your job?

Next time BLM attacks the seat of democracy and roams the halls calling for the vice president’s head I’ll ALSO call for a commission.
LOL.......The :censored2:ing brain trust.....

Dumber and Still Dumber......

El Correcto

god is dead
doesn’t matter what you bitch about you silly goose. It matters who you vote for and what they bitch about. You will always be a leftist sheep you are too brain dead to stand up for what is truly right.

The Driver

I drive.
doesn’t matter what you bitch about you silly goose. It matters who you vote for and what they bitch about. You will always be a leftist sheep you are too brain dead to stand up for what is truly right.
What’s truly right? Beating up 140 police officers and hunting for congressman in their workplace after breaking windows and :censored2:ting all over the Capitol floor? Those people were nothing but animals