Storming the Capitol

Box Ox

“The Justice Department has charged 11 defendants with seditious conspiracy related to the Capitol attack on January 6, 2021, including the leader of the Oath Keepers, Stewart Rhodes.

The new indictment, handed down by a grand jury on Wednesday and made public Thursday, alleges that Rhodes and his co-conspirators engaged in a conspiracy to "oppose the lawful transfer of presidential power by force, by preventing, hindering, or delaying by force execution of laws governing the transfer of power."

newfie

“The Justice Department has charged 11 defendants with seditious conspiracy related to the Capitol attack on January 6, 2021, including the leader of the Oath Keepers, Stewart Rhodes.

The new indictment, handed down by a grand jury on Wednesday and made public Thursday, alleges that Rhodes and his co-conspirators engaged in a conspiracy to "oppose the lawful transfer of presidential power by force, by preventing, hindering, or delaying by force execution of laws governing the transfer of power."

newfie

thats a stretch. a plot to have an unarmed overthrow of the government. it seems that legal language that specifies "use of force" kind of kills this democrats wet dream or ...........

anytime any of us here get together and agree we need to stop Biden from screwing up this country we can now be charged with seditious conspiracy?

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

What were Ray Epps comments about this ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
It is alleged that the Oath Keepers via encrypted and private communication applications conducted their operations.

Anyone who is not afraid of that sentence should be.
First Amendment Rights violations.
Either the gov't used some highly classified technologies to break their communication methods and/or they had an inside source(s).

El Correcto

god is dead
thats a stretch. a plot to have an unarmed overthrow of the government. it seems that legal language that specifies "use of force" kind of kills this democrats wet dream or ...........

anytime any of us here get together and agree we need to stop Biden from screwing up this country we can now be charged with seditious conspiracy?

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.
I haven’t seen anyone do anything like this. But you don’t have to be armed to be considered using force in the law. All kinds of silly stuff can get blown out of porportion in these situation and in a court of law they can get convictions of stupidest “use of force” things. It matters what they have found on them that’s in black and white that these men are going to have to answer for. I find it silly these groups that against the surveillance state and authoritarianism that is present in our government still email and dm each other secret plans or strategies to disrupt government proceedings or if they really nuts like the leftists domestic terrorist before them straight up violence, shooting the place up and bombing it like the black and hispanic domestic terrorists democrats pardoned did.

El Correcto

god is dead
What I’m trying to say is democrats are vile racists who’ve pardoned pieces of :censored2: based on skin color and their politics. Not just any pieces of :censored2: though, terrorists who seeked and belonged to groups that had killed American citizens and wounded representatives. Attacked the Capitol.

They truly are despicable opportunists and simple minded fools if they think anyone gives a :censored2: about a riot while they run the country into the ground with their ludicrous marxist fueled hysterics.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
imagine if this had been an Occupy X riot and an antifa chick got shot in the face trying to reach some politicians

the howling would be ceaseless, the officer would be on murder charges, and there'd be memorial services from now until nov 2024 over it

newfie

It is alleged that the Oath Keepers via encrypted and private communication applications conducted their operations.

Anyone who is not afraid of that sentence should be.
First Amendment Rights violations.
Either the gov't used some highly classified technologies to break their communication methods and/or they had an inside source(s).
patriot act was sold on the promise that this technology would not be used to spy on americans. Now any transaction over 600 is reported to the IRS. If you're not nervous you should be.

newfie

I haven’t seen anyone do anything like this. But you don’t have to be armed to be considered using force in the law. All kinds of silly stuff can get blown out of porportion in these situation and in a court of law they can get convictions of stupidest “use of force” things. It matters what they have found on them that’s in black and white that these men are going to have to answer for. I find it silly these groups that against the surveillance state and authoritarianism that is present in our government still email and dm each other secret plans or strategies to disrupt government proceedings or if they really nuts like the leftists domestic terrorist before them straight up violence, shooting the place up and bombing it like the black and hispanic domestic terrorists democrats pardoned did.
I think we agree .
the problem i have is that these charges and that argument that the government is making is a clear violation of our constitutionally mandated rights and a clear double standard as to what has happened during the riots. Those folks who attacked and burned that police station should have gotten the same charges.
we have a right to free speech. a bunch of bubba's talking :censored2: on a chat page about shutting down the government is not the standard required to prove conspiracy. If it was we'd all be going to jail everytime we say we need to fight the government.
now if they plotted and planned and had detailed plans to do so and then took action they had planned to disrupt that process then the government has a legitimate charge of conspiracy.
a bunch of bubba's wandering into the capital and running around and getting selfies is not an insurrection and is not a threat to our government processes.
the last time I checked the taxpayers own the capital. to me the idea that citizens can get charged with tresspassing for inspecting something we own is asinine.
one of those charged was on tucker last night. He seems believable when he denies any of that . He's an old retired navy veteran and may have been charged by heresay. time will tell. I love what he said about the charges.
conspiracy is something they charge you with when they want to detain you and dont know what to charge you with.

El Correcto

god is dead
I think we agree .
the problem i have is that these charges and that argument that the government is making is a clear violation of our constitutionally mandated rights and a clear double standard as to what has happened during the riots. Those folks who attacked and burned that police station should have gotten the same charges.
we have a right to free speech. a bunch of bubba's talking :censored2: on a chat page about shutting down the government is not the standard required to prove conspiracy. If it was we'd all be going to jail everytime we say we need to fight the government.
now if they plotted and planned and had detailed plans to do so and then took action they had planned to disrupt that process then the government has a legitimate charge of conspiracy.
a bunch of bubba's wandering into the capital and running around and getting selfies is not an insurrection and is not a threat to our government processes.
the last time I checked the taxpayers own the capital. to me the idea that citizens can get charged with tresspassing for inspecting something we own is asinine.
one of those charged was on tucker last night. He seems believable when he denies any of that . He's an old retired navy veteran and may have been charged by heresay. time will tell. I love what he said about the charges.
conspiracy is something they charge you with when they want to detain you and dont know what to charge you with.
I haven’t seen the evidence against the men and I know the feds have a lot of nasty habits when it comes to getting their convictions like trying to have these men plea out and turn on each other.
I just don’t know enough about this group or their ideology to just instantly hop to their defense because we agree on the 2020 election being a sham process rigged by democrats.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I saw that interview, too.
He had some very good points.
Which the indictment did not clarify.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Show trials like the Soviet Union
When asked by Fox News host Tucker Carlson whether he had 'howitzers,' Caldwell replied: 'No, sir, I don't.

'And I don't know anybody who does.

'I have never seen anything in the limited discovery that they have given us to show they have seized any kinds of weapons.

'I can tell you, I never saw any weapons, nor did I talk to anyone who talked about bringing in heavy weapons and overthrowing the government, which is what sedition is all about.

'It's just plain nuts.'

Thomas Caldwell, 67, of Berryville, Virginia, was arrested shortly after the insurrection and spent over a year in jail before being freed on medical grounds in March 2021.

Sportello

1642195852958.png

1642195961211.png

1642195987721.png

1642196009532.png