Storming the Capitol

newfie

I believe the number of defendants involved in the riots of 2020 is greater than those from 1/6. The city's DAs are actively pursuing criminal charges against those who committed crimes.
Really? thats the best you have? it does not appear you had enough interest in this particular subject to discover that you're completely wrong.
but you are well versed and focused where the dems want you to look though you are an "independent"

newfie

Nobody's above the law. If the evidence leads to an arrest and conviction, who am I to question. We are a civilization governed by laws, some good and some bad.
so you dont question protestors being held in DC jails and denied their rights? Even though thats a clear violation of those laws?

you dont question that protestors that burned cities were treated better?

Up In Smoke

so you dont question protestors being held in DC jails and denied their rights? Even though thats a clear violation of those laws?

you dont question that protestors that burned cities were treated better?
It all has to do with the charges in each case. The only ones held in DC are the ones who attacked police officers and those charged with conspiracy. US vs Munchel.

newfie

It all has to do with the charges in each case. The only ones held in DC are the ones who attacked police officers and those charged with conspiracy. US vs Munchel.
you're excusing an abuse of political power when both sides and the independents too should be outraged.
there is no good excuse for denying citizens of this country their constitutional rights.
your slip is showing

Box Ox

and just to be clear every citizen that talks about over throwing a corrupt government should be denied their rights and forced into jail?

If they’re talking about overthrowing a corrupt government while trying to stop a joint session of Congress so that their God Emperor might remain in power under the false pretense that the Presidency had been stolen in the last election……maybe? 🤷‍♂️🤣

Up In Smoke

you're excusing an abuse of political power when both sides and the independents too should be outraged.
there is no good excuse for denying citizens of this country their constitutional rights.
your slip is showing
The Court of Appeals ruled in favor of the Government. How are you reading my emotions into this? Rule of Law, above my pay grade. Make stupid decisions pay stupid penalties.

vantexan

A lot more than that were grabbed in their homes across the country and held for many months before being convicted of minor charges and released.

newfie

If they’re talking about overthrowing a corrupt government while trying to stop a joint session of Congress so that their God Emperor might remain in power under the false pretense that the Presidency had been stolen in the last election……maybe? 🤷‍♂️🤣
again you have to have the physical ability i.e. weapons to stop and insurrect a government. Our leaders knew there was security screening of that area to prevent anyone coming in armed.

the fact that our government knew there was going to be a loud angry protest and did not take the appropriate security precautions to prevent the tresspass of the capital does not elevate the protest to insurrection.

the fact that people walked into the capital and took selfies does not mean they were suddenly elevated to insurrectionsist and thus held endlessly in jail and denied their constitutional rights.

at what point does your side stop trying to alibi this rediculous overstatement of what happened.

newfie

The Court of Appeals ruled in favor of the Government. How are you reading my emotions into this? Rule of Law, above my pay grade. Make stupid decisions pay stupid penalties.
clearly its above your pay grade to stop it . clearly its not above your pay grade to be outraged that citizens who walked into the capital that day through open doors and took selfies were suddenly held endlessly and denied their rights.

newfie

here's another one . Stood in a flower bed and told americans to rise up. that used to be free speech.

now its inciting a riot.
some other insurrectionists in history

There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance. Walt Whitman

For any young democracy, the most difficult but important step is burying the legacy of tyranny and establishing an economy and a government and institutions that abide by the rule of law. Every country faces challenges to the rule of law, including my own. Joe Biden

The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it.

John Hay

Up In Smoke

clearly its above your pay grade to stop it . clearly its not above your pay grade to be outraged that citizens who walked into the capital that day through open doors and took selfies were suddenly held endlessly and denied their rights.
Maybe, just maybe the fences and police in tactical gear asking people to stay back should have sparked a thought that they should maintain a distance and protest peacefully. Jeffery Clark was acting AG when the first rioters were being arrested and I believe he was a Trump appointee. I truly don't like to see civil unrest and it's gone way too far. I've tried to make a difference in my community, but the fringe population suck the air from the room. I've been reduced to volunteering through our church to feed the vets on holidays and get my ass kicked playing sheepshead.

newfie

Maybe, just maybe the fences and police in tactical gear asking people to stay back should have sparked a thought that they should maintain a distance and protest peacefully. Jeffery Clark was acting AG when the first rioters were being arrested and I believe he was a Trump appointee. I truly don't like to see civil unrest and it's gone way too far. I've tried to make a difference in my community, but the fringe population suck the air from the room. I've been reduced to volunteering through our church to feed the vets on holidays and get my ass kicked playing sheepshead.
you get close but dont really hit on the issue i keep throwing at you.

there have been many americans some of them veterans who protested what they believe an unfair election.
many of them did nothing more than walk through open doors and take selfies in and around police that did not challenge their being on property.
did not inform them that they were tresspassing on what anyone would assume was open access to the capital.

who have been kept in dc jails and denied their constitutional rights for years.

i dont understand why any american even one who smugly claims themselves an independent as if that is some higher calling that you possess can not regardless of their political affiliation be outraged at such an event.
especially when compared to the much more violent summer of riots .

but yet you were eager to share information about the proud boys leadership who's claim to fame is their opposition to antifa until this alleged plot to overthrow a government without arms.

the DNC focus has always been to focus us on the proud boys and claims of the white supremacy threat (led by a hispanic american ) . And you by your posting seem to be aligned with the DNC focus while claiming your superiority of independence.

its ok that you're really a liberal leaning Democrat just mark your claim and dont try to hide it.

Up In Smoke

I simply posted that the first defendant pleaded guilty to seditious conspiracy, no more no less. I've also posted when Musk caved and Hoffa resigned. I just happened to be reading the news when these stories hit the wire. I enjoy thoughtful discussions and avoid personal attacks.

First of the Proud Boys pleads guilty of seditious conspiracy and weapons charges in exchange for lesser sentence and testimony.
Well yeah obviously he was threatened into a guilty plea they’re not gonna risk having an actual trial then the whole narrative unravels same as 9/11 or anything else

Last edited:
Please expound on all the things he promised to do but didn't? That 5% he did do according to you must have been quite a lot considering Biden spent the first week of his presidency issuing executive orders reversing most of what Trump had done.
Trump is a complete fraud. Consider the following

-He did gun control by executive order when he banned bump stocks that set a horrible precedent. It is being used for more gun confiscation and will continue

-There’s a national emergency on CONvid that created a federal slush fund and it’s still in place right now almost 1000 days later thanks to him, despite there being no pandemic anymore if there ever was one

-Speaking of the scamdemic, in 2020 we had the constitution thrown in the garbage like it was North Korea over this glorified cold strain, they called certain people and businesses non essential, and then the government actively tried to force us to take experimental shots that trump rushed out. He knew that would happen or if he didn’t then he’s just a damn fool because I knew it the first day of the so called pandemic. The agenda was to force people to get vaccinations through virtual blackmail

-As more and more people experience health issues and even deaths from the shot he still doesn’t apologize for operation warp speed.

-There’s still people rotting in Soviet style political Gulag that showed up on his behalf on Jan 6 to protest the election for god knows what reason and he has nothing to say. He allowed a fraudulent election when he went along with the lockdown. He doesn’t care about anyone except himself and his fame

I don’t think Hillary or Obama could’ve done even half of the damage that trump did to this country because the outcry if they were doing it would be so overwhelming. But because it was trump he was able to piss down your leg and say it was raining and people just said well trust the plan. He has no plan. He was the founding pharma. He is Benedict Donald.

Anyone wanting to vote for him again is a brainwashed fool. And you’re equally insane if you think he’d even be allowed to win— they’d kill him before they let that happen. There’s not gonna be another free or fair election, in part thanks to trump. Which is ironic considering he’s shown himself to be the New York liberal he always was. But he’s a perfect character to keep everyone divided and obsessed over loving or hating him, despite him helping to usher in the new world order. And I say all this as someone who was a huge supporter for him in 2016 and was thrilled he beat Hillary. It was a great story. But 2016 trump is long gone

Last edited:

vantexan

Trump is a complete fraud. Consider the following

-He did gun control by executive order when he banned bump stocks that set a horrible precedent. It is being used for more gun confiscation and will continue

-There’s a national emergency on CONvid that created a federal slush fund and it’s still in place right now almost 1000 days later thanks to him, despite there being no pandemic anymore if there ever was one

-Speaking of the scamdemic, in 2020 we had the constitution thrown in the garbage like it was North Korea over this glorified cold strain, they called certain people and businesses non essential, and then the government actively tried to force us to take experimental shots that trump rushed out. He knew that would happen or if he didn’t then he’s just a damn fool because I knew it the first day of the so called pandemic. The agenda was to force people to get vaccinations through virtual blackmail

-As more and more people experience health issues and even deaths from the shot he still doesn’t apologize for operation warp speed.

-There’s still people rotting in Soviet style political Gulag that showed up on his behalf on Jan 6 to protest the election for god knows what reason and he has nothing to say. He allowed a fraudulent election when he went along with the lockdown. He doesn’t care about anyone except himself and his fame

I don’t think Hillary or Obama could’ve done even half of the damage that trump did to this country because the outcry if they were doing it would be so overwhelming. But because it was trump he was able to piss down your leg and say it was raining and people just said well trust the plan. He has no plan. He was the founding pharma. He is Benedict Donald.

Anyone wanting to vote for him again is a brainwashed fool. And you’re equally insane if you think he’d even be allowed to win— they’d kill him before they let that happen. There’s not gonna be another free or fair election, in part thanks to trump. Which is ironic considering he’s shown himself to be the New York liberal he always was. But he’s a perfect character to keep everyone divided and obsessed over loving or hating him, despite him helping to usher in the new world order. And I say all this as someone who was a huge supporter for him in 2016 and was thrilled he beat Hillary. It was a great story. But 2016 trump is long gone
OK, but the question was what did he promise that he only delivered 5% on?