Strike 2023

AccidentProne

all of us should be making the same amount
On what premise? Some jobs are far easier than others. Working slides is cake compared to working as a sorter.
Nobody wants to put their time in. I wanted to be a driver and spent years busting my ass for pennies on the inside and then grinding up the seniority ladder for a full time driving job. It’s angering to me at least to see all that work and sacrifice I did just to see some moaning teenager come in and get more than a first year driver.
Shouldn't you be glad new workers are making just as much as you with a far easier job so you can demand more pay for your current job? Or do you want everyone to suffer being poor because you had to do it once?

JustDeliverIt

At the rate that gasoline is going up how many PVD drivers do you think they can get?

This is really going to hurt them I think. Not sure what a PVD makes but I thought I saw posted on here it was above $30/hr. How much more are they going to have to pay to get them back if at all and will it be worth it. I think PVD's really bailed them out last year since at least here we couldn't get nearly enough hoppers, much less get them to stay all of peak.

FozziesDeliveries

My center is smaller and started Saturday Ground last fall. Manager said they were planning to hire 10 drivers for it. We got 2 that qualified in time and this is the highest number of 22.4s we have been able to maintain. Forced 6 punches with THICCC dispatches are happening every week including one or two top rate drivers being forced almost every.... single..... week..... I am amazed we haven't had any accidents yet from burn out. We have to be HEMORRHAGING money on Saturday especially with top rates being forced a 6 punch.

kforte36

My center is smaller and started Saturday Ground last fall. Manager said they were planning to hire 10 drivers for it. We got 2 that qualified in time and this is the highest number of 22.4s we have been able to maintain. Forced 6 punches with THICCC dispatches are happening every week including one or two top rate drivers being forced almost every.... single..... week..... I am amazed we haven't had any accidents yet from burn out. We have to be HEMORRHAGING money on Saturday especially with top rates being forced a 6 punch.
You bring up a good point about not being able to maintain new drivers. Some who have come to the center I work in have not been able to finish routes and consistently do them.

This is really going to hurt them I think. Not sure what a PVD makes but I thought I saw posted on here it was above $30/hr. How much more are they going to have to pay to get them back if at all and will it be worth it. I think PVD's really bailed them out last year since at least here we couldn't get nearly enough hoppers, much less get them to stay all of peak.
They need to pay the helpers more

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Company will just automate more taking away more jobs......be careful what you wish for.
EEA8C942-FF31-464C-9247-E7117AF96DD7.gif

Thebrownblob

No management people at my building understand why we do Saturdays there’s no possibility of making money it’s so far in the red. And they still pretend at some point we’re doing Sundays?

Karma...

ive always said that the teamsters negotiate for their members and for lower echelon management and clerks......Their pay is tied into the union wages....so have at it

Ghost in the Darkness

Yeah I vote to strike. The diad 6 has created more work, distraction, and time consuming troubleshooting taking away from productively servicing packages and driving safely. The diad 6 is unrelaible on rainy and cloudy days creating extra distractions. Diad 6 harasses me by not allowing me to punch in and sometimes not allowing me to punch out.
Also, orion has created more work by often hiding my next stop, ordering stops in such a way to make servicing them less safe, and for hiding commercial stops late in the day.

Thebrownblob

Yeah I vote to strike. The diad 6 has created more work, distraction, and time consuming troubleshooting taking away from productively servicing packages and driving safely. The diad 6 is unrelaible on rainy and cloudy days creating extra distractions. Diad 6 harasses me by not allowing me to punch in and sometimes not allowing me to punch out.
Also, orion has created more work by often hiding my next stop, ordering stops in such a way to make servicing them less safe, and for hiding commercial stops late in the day.
Crazy, wtf are they thinking?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
I fully support a strike in 2023. Both union and non-union employees where I come from feel like they have been worked like dogs the last three years and we’re tired of it. Meanwhile, the condition of our delivery vehicles, our facility and the technology that UPS pushes on us is disgraceful. The price of our stock is no indication of what is really going on at UPS and the moral of its dedicated employees.
Will ups even make it through 2022.i expect inside workers getting 3.5 in the coming months