Strike 2023

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Like I suggested, I mostly ignore politics -- I don't think either party cares about the interests of us working people
They are all trash. For some reason it won't allow me to post the link .I can5 use my laptop right now. Google ilwu contract talks

Thebrownblob

DOK

Look around at what is happening in this country now. Do you think John Q. Public would give a crap about a little UPS strike? It takes a month or 2 to get anything right now. A few more days won't make a difference. I don't care how good the new contract proposal will be NOW is the time to be talking STRIKE and acting tough.. Let the company know you are tired of their BS. (You can always vote yes if they actually do come up with a decent proposal).
Its really not that bad working here right now, I started in the 80’s. Rod you'd be surprised, the millennials really did bring about change, this ain’t your grandpa’s UPS.

35years

Gravy route
1. UPS will not be able to function in any reasonable capacity during a strike...Feeders and pilots cannot be found, and would shut us down completely.
2. A strike is a real possibility, and I would say probable since the last contract vote would have us rejecting the contract under the new rules.
3. Starting part time pay raise is not a real issue. UPS took away the wage bump just to have an issue that the Union can claim victory for when it is written in the new contract. Don't be fooled, part timers don't vote and new hires are not even employed here yet. It is a false flag on both sides.
4. A real COLA (not 1/4 of inflation) and pension gains for the Central and Southern are strikable issues.
5. 9.5 and sixth punch improvements are achievable. Back in 97 these were not even issues. That is how far backwards we have gone.
6. The public opinion of a strike is meaningless. Anyways, 27 million for Carol up from 6, and tens of thousands in bonus pay for managers would be an effective counter argument. The only public opinion that matters is Wall Street, and that pressure helps our side.

1. UPS will not be able to function in any reasonable capacity during a strike...Feeders and pilots cannot be found, and would shut us down completely.
2. A strike is a real possibility, and I would say probable since the last contract vote would have us rejecting the contract under the new rules.
3. Starting part time pay raise is not a real issue. UPS took away the wage bump just to have an issue that the Union can claim victory for when it is written in the new contract. Don't be fooled, part timers don't vote and new hires are not even employed here yet. It is a false flag on both sides.
4. A real COLA (not 1/4 of inflation) and pension gains for the Central and Southern are strikable issues.
5. 9.5 and sixth punch improvements are achievable. Back in 97 these were not even issues. That is how far backwards we have gone.
6. The public opinion of a strike is meaningless. Anyways, 27 million for Carol up from 6, and tens of thousands in bonus pay for managers would be an effective counter argument. The only public opinion that matters is Wall Street, and that pressure helps our side.
If I'm not mistaken isn't all of our contracts up at the same time?
Package, mechanics and the pilots?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I fully support a strike in 2023. Both union and non-union employees where I come from feel like they have been worked like dogs the last three years and we’re tired of it. Meanwhile, the condition of our delivery vehicles, our facility and the technology that UPS pushes on us is disgraceful. The price of our stock is no indication of what is really going on at UPS and the moral of its dedicated employees.
Do you feel empowered by Bumbling Joe Biden?
What's the moral of its dedicated employees? I'm guessing that they work and are compensated?

Never mind, you probably don't know what I mean...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Who can hold out longer in a strike? Would the stockholders accept a horrible quarter if it meant breaking the union?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
What would the price be with a crushed union?

How they gonna crush the union? They can't hire enough replacements. If they commit ULP's, they would get fined.

BTW, if your supplement allows for it, I recommend everyone try to cash out two weeks of vacation for after the vote next year. Imagine if the company had to pay out all that vacation time right before we went on strike, and you'd be pretty well set for a couple of weeks of striking without any other preparations.

How they gonna crush the union? They can't hire enough replacements. If they commit ULP's, they would get fined.

BTW, if your supplement allows for it, I recommend everyone try to cash out two weeks of vacation for after the vote next year. Imagine if the company had to pay out all that vacation time right before we went on strike, and you'd be pretty well set for a couple of weeks of striking without any other preparations.
Hell no don't cash in your vacations, just start saving now
We'll be getting a real healthy raise on August 1st.
Put that extra money in the bank

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

So if the company calculates that holding out can mean long term benefits, they could break the union. How many guys are living paycheck to paycheck?