Strike in August, what say you?

OrionsBitch

Not...
Dude... stfu... what’s your :censored2:ing point in repeating this over and over... we know we are paid decently for what we do.... you sound like a 22 year old punk who has nothing else better to do.... you laid off and home bored??? :censored2: man
You started arguing with me. All I said was people should be thankful for what we have because we make more than most educated professionals. And now that you admit it wtf are you even arguing about?

Coldworld

My

Guess is you just googled nursing salaries but didn't even open the statistical page. The nurses who make 100k plus are either Nurse Practitioners or some extremely niche training. These 100k plus a year jobs are also in very HCOL areas like California. You're just talking out your ass.

This I know because my wife is a nurse with a master's degree who works in a top level ICU unit in one of the top hospitals in the nation. She only makes 60k a year and this is after he 5 year wage progression. She started at 45k. But keep thinking you're right.
My wife works at a large hospital in the west... NP make a hell of a lot more money than 100k....you going to tell me that X-ray techs, and ultrasound techs make 20 bucks an hour and pharmacists make 30 an hour....??? Maybe you are from West Virginia... probably par for the course since your teachers are some of the worst paid in the teaching profession in the country... you are from one of those states I listed, aren’t you ... dirty south???

BigBrown1234

Lol....you must be in Alabama or Mississippi because you aren’t making 45k with an engineering degree or a nursing degree in 90% of the rest of the country...

I agree with this person that maybe he makes plenty to live comfortable, meaning his pay allowes him to live a middle class life accommodating to his local area standard cost of living.

But here in the NCal SF bay or even SCal like San Diego most of my friends rent because the average house rent is $2500 a month for a 1500sf modest home

Coldworld

You started arguing with me. All I said was people should be thankful for what we have because we make more than most educated professionals. And now that you admit it wtf are you even arguing about?
I am paid fairly for what I do as a feeder driver... it’s not outstanding pay and work conditions by any means.... hope you don’t treat your fellow coworkers like this at your building... I’m out need sleep later

Coldworld

I agree with this person that maybe he makes plenty to live comfortable, meaning his pay allowes him to live a middle class life accommodating to his local area standard cost of living.

But here in the NCal SF bay or even SCal like San Diego most of my friends rent because the average house rent is $2500 a month for a 1500sf modest home
I know.. that’s why I am thinking he is from the south... Anywhere on the west coast is expensive....from San Diego up to Seattle and Bellevue.... it’s ridiculous there are very few cities that are “affordable “....many 2 bedroom apts are going for $2000... and if you are in San Francisco it’s higher than that...it’s a joke

BigBrown1234

My wife works at a large hospital in the west... NP make a hell of a lot more money than 100k....you going to tell me that X-ray techs, and ultrasound techs make 20 bucks an hour and pharmacists make 30 an hour....??? Maybe you are from West Virginia... probably par for the course since your teachers are some of the worst paid in the teaching profession in the country... you are from one of those states I listed, aren’t you ... dirty south???

My girl is a nurs and makes $90 an hour
My best friend from high school is a pharmacist at kaiser in Sacramento and makes $300k a year with overtime

OrionsBitch

Not...
Nope not even close

BigBrown1234

I know.. that’s why I am thinking he is from the south... Anywhere on the west coast is expensive....from San Diego up to Seattle and Bellevue.... it’s ridiculous there are very few cities that are “affordable “....many 2 bedroom apts are going for $2000... and if you are in San Francisco it’s higher than that...it’s a joke

Yup, I live in Vacaville that is 45 min from Frisco. Frisco rent is $4k a month for a 800sf loft. A lot of friends commute 2-4 hours a day with traffic because they can’t afford anything in the Bay

Coldworld

Yup, I live in Vacaville that is 45 min from Frisco. Frisco rent is $4k a month for a 800sf loft. A lot of friends commute 2-4 hours a day with traffic because they can’t afford anything in the Bay
I’ve read where there can be 2 or 3 computer programmers(100k salary) and they share a 2 bedroom apt because rent is so high along with everything else and the housing market is so tight....people are renting out corners of their basements (not a room, a corner) to help pay for rent...

542thruNthru

It's not just about money. People are sick of the treatment we have to deal with. Everyone likes to throw around how much we make and how we should just deal with it. Fine then next time I see our DM I'll be sure to call him a lazy POS. I mean he makes good money so he should just except it right? No and neither should we.

We have a right to collective bargaining. If people feel we are not paid enough or not treated fair then they have the right to demand more. I'm not going to sit here and call them bitches because of it.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Go to las vegas with any kind of healthcare affiliated degree. They will gobble you up. Basically the same as working here, high pay but the work is stressful.

OrionsBitch

Not...
It's not just about money. People are sick of the treatment we have to deal with. Everyone likes to throw around how much we make and how we should just deal with it. Fine then next time I see our DM I'll be sure to call him a lazy POS. I mean he makes good money so he should just except it right? No and neither should we.

We have a right to collective bargaining. If people feel we are not paid enough or not treated fair then they have the right to demand more. I'm not going to sit here and call them bitches because of it.
I agree completely about how we are treated. But that doesn't necessarily warrant a strike. And wages in certain states should reflect the cost of living more clearly I agree with that. But if you live in an area where you pay 700 in rent and your col and I hear you bitching about wages imo you are a bitch. I'm not against Unions and I'm not against standing for workers rights. But I'm sure everyone can agree a line can be crossed.....when all you hear is gimme gimme gimme it makes you wonder what will be enough.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
My

Guess is you just googled nursing salaries but didn't even open the statistical page. The nurses who make 100k plus are either Nurse Practitioners or some extremely niche training. These 100k plus a year jobs are also in very HCOL areas like California. You're just talking out your ass.

This I know because my wife is a nurse with a master's degree who works in a top level ICU unit in one of the top hospitals in the nation. She only makes 60k a year and this is after he 5 year wage progression. She started at 45k. But keep thinking you're right.
There will always be a divide with a national contract and pay scale that is standardized. How far does/do the pay and benes go in your area ? The bottom line is that, by and large, wage and benefit content is relative to ones location. An $80k/year job with good to excellent benes, in LA, is a bit different than Montana. Would you agree?

OrionsBitch

Not...
There will always be a divide with a national contract and pay scale that is standardized. How far does/do the pay and benes go in your area ? The bottom line is that, by and large, wage and benefit content is relative to ones location. An $80k/year job with good to excellent benes, in LA, is a bit different than Montana. Would you agree?
I absolutely agree, but it's not just people in those areas who are constantly complaining. People want to work a non technical skilled job and make the same money as a doctor lol I'm sorry but I will never agree to that or get behind that. Someone said I was acting like a 20 year old. But how am I? All millennials and 20yr olds are constantly begging for more. I'm saying I'm happy with what I make where I live. I think others should be too. With exceptions

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I absolutely agree, but it's not just people in those areas who are constantly complaining. People want to work a non technical skilled job and make the same money as a doctor lol I'm sorry but I will never agree to that or get behind that. Someone said I was acting like a 20 year old. But how am I? All millennials and 20yr olds are constantly begging for more. I'm saying I'm happy with what I make where I live. I think others should be too. With exceptions
Yes, I agree. YOU are happy where YOU live. That is where your opinion will resonate with some but only be an opinion. I don't disagree.

Box Ox

$80-100k might not go as far in LA. But let’s be real, it’s $80-100k to deliver packages. Somebody’s not gonna agree to pay a lot more for you do do that, or a lot of other jobs just because you’re in a more expensive area. Nor should they be expected to.