Strike in August, what say you?

Karma...

$10/hr starting wage, 4 year progression, a broke pension fund, continuous work place harassment, heavier work load every year. Yeah, thanks Teamsters Union.
There will be no strike in august as long as the following continue to be valid......part-timers dont vote...full-timers dont vote... total benefits are above the norm...President Trump wont allow a strike.........wont compromise what already have...in addition the two companies ( ups & teamsters ) will make the required deals and compromises that will prevent killing the Golden Goose......There will be much of the required hot air posturing for pacification of the rank and file ...in the end there will be no strike......

UnconTROLLed

perfection
LOL....greed is what ruins Unions...ppl who bitch about not making enough and the work environment need to suck it up. There is t anything worth striking over.

Average salary for Bachelor's degree is 61k
Average salary for Masters degree is 78k
Average Salary for UPS driver is 80k

Plus we have good benefits and in general get a ton! A TON more paid days off.

Not to mention, it's difficult to lose your job and the job itself is simple.

We get 1hr breaks. And weekends off.

Everyone j know who works office jobs works late too. And they often get called in on weekends etc. Plus they are salary.

Yeah, I have some stuff I bitch about too but it isn't anything I would strike about.

How many professionals. Carry a 140 pound package up 20 steps in the snow?
More simply, that "UPS versus career" argument doesn't hold water, since most UPS Teamsters are not truck drivers making $80k or 100k+ a year, they are part-timers. Nor do UPS'ers have weekends off. I mean, didn't we just get that T/S garbage implemented, plus 6-day work weeks? And we have a Sunday day sort in our area, yet I just read UPS'ers have weekends off? And EVERYONE he/she knows, working office jobs, works late? And ALL are salary ALL work weekends? What planet is this person living on?

drbrownsox

Company pushes strike. Delivers only air. Feeder runs go coyote. Depressed stock price. Breaks union. Sells package arm to amazon. Face it folks, the profit margins on ground are garbage. UPS dug it self into a 100 year hole with this model. They’ll need something drastic to get itself out. Just my 2¢

Company pushes strike. Delivers only air. Feeder runs go coyote. Depressed stock price. Breaks union. Sells package arm to amazon. Face it folks, the profit margins on ground are garbage. UPS dug it self into a 100 year hole with this model. They’ll need something drastic to get itself out. Just my 2¢
The shareholders would lose 10's of billions of dollars over that.

drbrownsox

I mean look at our past couple of years of 4th quarter results where we push the most ground volume through the network. Our EPS is lackluster. It would make sense to move away from ground. Ground just provides some denisity along routes just to sustain the air network. We essentially break even on ground pieces.

I mean look at our past couple of years of 4th quarter results where we push the most ground volume through the network. Our EPS is lackluster. It would make sense to move away from ground. Ground just provides some denisity along routes just to sustain the air network. We essentially break even on ground pieces.
But the ground helps us deliver our air at a more cost effective rate.

drbrownsox

The market for package delivery is fairly saturated. In order for UPS to post a bigger profit is to reduce expenses, not increase revenue. UPS’s two largest expenses are labor and fuel.

kjmarso

I am very much of the opinion we will strike in August. I realize my center is but a microcosum of UPS as a whole but this is what I am seeing:

1) WAY too many drivers . 3-6 drivers are given the day off every day. The center is too fat

2) The company refuses to settle grievances. 2013-2016 Local Hearings were held every month and every couple of months we got grievance checks. The current thing for management to do now is to cancel the hearings on the scheduled date and push them off another month while the grievances keep piling up.

3) Alot of extra Management has appeared from Corporate to "assist" our management team

4) After 7 months of negotiating absolutely no movement has been made in the Southern Region Supplement Negotiations

I really think the company is trying to force a strike
Didn’t they only start meeting officially in January??

UPS couldn’t handle the volume with management trying to deliver in ‘97..... we deliver 10 x that now.... a strike would crush them. Shutting down from snow in the north East Right now, it will take four days to get caught up. A week long strike would be unbelievable.

drbrownsox

UPS couldn’t handle the volume with management trying to deliver in ‘97..... we deliver 10 x that now.... a strike would crush them. Shutting down from snow in the north East Right now, it will take four days to get caught up. A week long strike would be unbelievable.
Imagine Management delivering only Air alongside PVD’s. That’s feasible.