Strike in August, what say you?

BigBrown1234

More simply, that "UPS versus career" argument doesn't hold water, since most UPS Teamsters are not truck drivers making $80k or 100k+ a year, they are part-timers. Nor do UPS'ers have weekends off. I mean, didn't we just get that T/S garbage implemented, plus 6-day work weeks? And we have a Sunday day sort in our area, yet I just read UPS'ers have weekends off? And EVERYONE he/she knows, working office jobs, works late? And ALL are salary ALL work weekends? What planet is this person living on?

I agree with you. I’m wondering where these averages come from?

I live here in the NCal Bay Area.

Out of my friends without degrees and that are union, I make the least.

Union Prison guards, cops, firefighters like $50 hour or more
Union Pipe fitters, plumber, electrician, welders all make around $80
I make closer to what my friends make that are Secratery or yard maintenance, even my buddy that is a janitor at a local pharmaceutical company makes more than me including his dad that is a painter there.

In the Bay Area and Silicon Valley they beg for drivers. $36 an hour is garbage pay for the average union employee in this area.

And people are getting this kind of pay from companies that aren’t Billion dollar profiting companies like UPS

OrionsBitch

Not...
How many professionals. Carry a 140 pound package up 20 steps in the snow?
How many people can solve advanced mathematical equations? How many professionals know everything there is to know about the human body and how to diagnose it. Wtf is your point? Carrying a heavy box up stairs is supposed to be impressive? Lol man your standards sure are low.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Average time to work up to a full time driving job at ups has been 5-10 yrs with the first yr (if you work 40 hrs a wk every week for the whole year = $39,000.00.
You are talking salary only.

Now refigure your math dude.
39k plus paid benefits is a good amount for the work we do. College costs money so you also didn't factor that in. I'm not top rate yet. (25hr) which nets me around 45k a year. I don't think I deserve anymore. I make more than all of my friends who have master's masters degrees, engineering degrees, and nursing degrees. There is wage progression in every industry.

Coldworld

39k plus paid benefits is a good amount for the work we do. College costs money so you also didn't factor that in. I'm not top rate yet. (25hr) which nets me around 45k a year. I don't think I deserve anymore. I make more than all of my friends who have master's masters degrees, engineering degrees, and nursing degrees. There is wage progression in every industry.
Lol....you must be in Alabama or Mississippi because you aren’t making 45k with an engineering degree or a nursing degree in 90% of the rest of the country...

542thruNthru

I make 100k a year and I’d have no issue with a strike. If you want to eat what they give you, that’s your pill to swallow. But the benifits that you see today are a systemic result of past strikes or threats of.

This guy only cares about himself. He would gladly sell out the people before and after him. Just look what he thought about PVDs.

Part of me understand why people are upset about PVD's.....but at the same time you guys have been bitching about long hours all year and basically forever. Here comes UPS with a solution (take small residential deliveries) and everyone is up in arms. If I can be done around 5:30-6 everyday I don't give a :censored2: who delivers my residential packages or how much they make. Some times you guys just bitch to bitch.

OrionsBitch

Not...
My
Sure it is...lol
Guess is you just googled nursing salaries but didn't even open the statistical page. The nurses who make 100k plus are either Nurse Practitioners or some extremely niche training. These 100k plus a year jobs are also in very HCOL areas like California. You're just talking out your ass.

This I know because my wife is a nurse with a master's degree who works in a top level ICU unit in one of the top hospitals in the nation. She only makes 60k a year and this is after he 5 year wage progression. She started at 45k. But keep thinking you're right.

OrionsBitch

Not...
This guy only cares about himself. He would gladly sell out the people before and after him. Just look what he thought about PVDs.
Sell people out? Lol surreee.....all Im saying is that we make really good money for what we do and we have really good benefits. We have more weeks of paid vacation than most jobs and we currently have at least two days off a week. A strike isn't worth it unless some of these are drastically reduced. Be thankful for what you have.

Coldworld

My

Guess is you just googled nursing salaries but didn't even open the statistical page. The nurses who make 100k plus are either Nurse Practitioners or some extremely niche training. These 100k plus a year jobs are also in very HCOL areas like California. You're just talking out your ass.

This I know because my wife is a nurse with a master's degree who works in a top level ICU unit in one of the top hospitals in the nation. She only makes 60k a year and this is after he 5 year wage progression. She started at 45k. But keep thinking you're right.
I told you I have friends who are both male and female nurses... and I didn’t google :censored2:... think you just like arguing with random people on the internet .... if you think you get paid too much here donate half your salary to United way or your favorite charity.... every year there are a few people who come to this site who want to talk a big game and looks like you are stepping into one of those spots for 2018... you will fade away like every other mester that finds this site...

Coldworld

Sell people out? Lol surreee.....all Im saying is that we make really good money for what we do and we have really good benefits. We have more weeks of paid vacation than most jobs and we currently have at least two days off a week. A strike isn't worth it unless some of these are drastically reduced. Be thankful for what you have.
Dude... stfu... what’s your :censored2:ing point in repeating this over and over... we know we are paid decently for what we do.... you sound like a 22 year old punk who has nothing else better to do.... you laid off and home bored??? :censored2: man