Stupid arguments about the Ground business model

FedGT

The only legal protections of your investment had lies in the language of the "take it or leave it" contract that was slapped down in front of you. And you know damn well that it contained zero legal recourse outside of a one sided arbitration process. And guess who gets to choose the people who will on the arbitration board? You lost even before you entered the building, leaving you totally subjugated to the absolute will and power of that company.

Dmac to his credit found a legal back door in which he could go in and do some serious damage to the Ground structure. Afterward Fat Freddy made certain that door would be legally boarded up. And of course the agreement stood because there was nothing you could do to oppose them . And of course you were there guarding your vehicles 24 hours a day to make certain that loss prevention couldn't come in when you weren't around to carry out their assigned tasks.

The only reason you call it "garbage" is because they are the facts you can't refute.
Not true it’s because you say nothing new, it is half a decade old garbage. Vast majority of your last 3 posts doesn’t apply to anything of how I bought, ran, and sold a business and made a killing. Nothing was slapped in front of me. I sought out the opportunity where I knew the growth was and willingly signed it and it worked out great even though they are pricks.

any and all contracts you sign with any company favors them and their arbitration. Welcome to America! Guess what if you do what you are supposed to do you don’t have to worry about arbitration just make money.

AB831

Basically, it is fedex's company, and you work for fedex.
Exactly. Fat Freddy holds a royal flush while the “business” “owners” hold jokers. The ratio of power in this “partnership” is 100:0. Guess which side of the colon is Fat Freddy’s.

bacha29

Show me any courier that left FedEx in a couple years with making 7 figures to be an employee
As a legitimate Fedex employee you were under the protection of US labor law. Not so as a contractor. In fact migrant farm workers had better protection. As for the 7 figures you speak of. After paying off any outstanding debt, recaptured depreciation and taxes that figure dwindles down quickly.

FedGT

As a legitimate Fedex employee you were under the protection of US labor law. Not so as a contractor. In fact migrant farm workers had better protection. As for the 7 figures you speak of. After paying off any outstanding debt, recaptured depreciation and taxes that figure dwindles down quickly.
That greatly depends on how intelligently you set up your tax structures and how good an accountant you have. I would disagree on the dwindling. Got to pay your shares but not as much if it is set up correctly.

bacha29

Not true it’s because you say nothing new, it is half a decade old garbage. Vast majority of your last 3 posts doesn’t apply to anything of how I bought, ran, and sold a business and made a killing. Nothing was slapped in front of me. I sought out the opportunity where I knew the growth was and willingly signed it and it worked out great even though they are pricks.

any and all contracts you sign with any company favors them and their arbitration. Welcome to America! Guess what if you do what you are supposed to do you don’t have to worry about arbitration just make money.
Just like an ordinary employee. This is when you start. This is when you stop. This is what you drive. This is what you wear This is where you go. This is how you do it. Just like an ordinary employee. An every one of your comments is a reaffirmation of that fact.

What power and autonomy you have under the law determines whether or not you have a "business"

And BTW How many times did you have to turn over your privately owned corporations records for audit and review by Fat Freddy? Records that are protected under the full right and power of US privacy laws. But of course in Fat Freddy's world the law doesn't apply to him because you had zero power to oppose those demands.

bacha29

That greatly depends on how intelligently you set up your tax structures and how good an accountant you have. I would disagree on the dwindling. Got to pay your shares but not as much if it is set up correctly.
Certified public accountants are legally bound to comply with all accounting laws. So tell me how many similar capital assets have liquidated?

FedGT

Just like an ordinary employee. This is when you start. This is when you stop. This is what you drive. This is what you wear This is where you go. This is how you do it. Just like an ordinary employee. An every one of your comments is a reaffirmation of that fact.

What power and autonomy you have under the law determines whether or not you have a "business"

And BTW How many times did you have to turn over your privately owned corporations records for audit and review by Fat Freddy? Records that are protected under the full right and power of US privacy laws. But of course in Fat Freddy's world the law doesn't apply to him because you had zero power to oppose those demands.
Never???? Why would I have to?
Once again you claim a victory for saying nothing.
I could show up or not and make more in a day than you made in a month running your rural single route.
mid I chose to take 15 resi stops off my guy and deliver them at 11:00 pm I could do any schedule I wanted. Again if you are going to claim something at least stop spouting garbage. Deliver something at 4 am or 11pm. My call

FedGT

Certified public accountants are legally bound to comply with all accounting laws. So tell me how many similar capital assets have liquidated?
Didn’t do anything illegal. Made good money don’t need to help you setup a business and not interested in helping you.

FedGT

Well you can start by realizing 1250 is about real property and not goodwill which is the vast majority of what routes are sold for.
Then figure out your game plan in regards to selling and come up with staggered depreciation schedules for long term and amortization schedules so that you don’t have to pay a ton per year but you also aren’t taking so much that need to be recaptured if you take too early. I sold in just shy of 3 years. Worked out phenomenal. Capital gains much better than ord income.

bacha29

Never???? Why would I have to?
Once again you claim a victory for saying nothing.
I could show up or not and make more in a day than you made in a month running your rural single route.
mid I chose to take 15 resi stops off my guy and deliver them at 11:00 pm I could do any schedule I wanted. Again if you are going to claim something at least stop spouting garbage. Deliver something at 4 am or 11pm. My call
As long as you bowed to the absolute will and power of that company. Whether you delivered a box a 4 am or 11Pm is completely meaningless They could do whatever they wanted to you and there was nothing you could legally do to oppose it.

Their domination over you was complete. Whether or not you made money is irrelevant because Fat Freddy decided that question .

FedGT

They didn’t bother me. Actually gave me a best in business contractor award and multiple PSAs. Didn’t have to do anything more than deliver some boxes. If they pissed me off we would yell back and forth at each other and start the next day over again like nothing happened. Don’t know how you think this is any different than virtually any 1099 role. Making money is the furthest from irrelevant in the case of owning a business. It is of the most important.

Last edited:

FedGT

As long as you bowed to the absolute will and power of that company. Whether you delivered a box a 4 am or 11Pm is completely meaningless They could do whatever they wanted to you and there was nothing you could legally do to oppose it.

Their domination over you was complete. Whether or not you made money is irrelevant because Fat Freddy decided that question .
And how do you say it is meaningless that I can pick my own schedule when the previous post your whole claim was X dictates my schedule. Try not to completely contradict yourself without at least 4 posts in between.

Also the “where you go” part? Maybe that is why you guys didn’t get along. You got me they did require me to drop off a package where it was supposed to go. WTH????

Last edited:

bacha29

They didn’t bother me. Actually gave me a best in business contractor award and multiple PSAs. Didn’t have to do anything more than deliver some boxes. If they pissed me off we would yell back and forth at each other and start the next day over again like nothing happened. Don’t know how you think this is any different than virtually any 1099 role and making money is the furthest from irrelevant in the case of owning a business. It is of the most important.
Contractor award huh? That and a couple of bucks will get you a cup of coffee at 7-11. Of course they wouldn't bother you as long as you offered zero resistance. Then again you had zero power because . They even decided who you could sell to because they reserved the right to approve or reject the party you sold to.

In fact a so called "contractor relations manager" LOL took me out to the parking lot and said to me. "Look, I'm telling you this off the record simply because I'm retiring at the end of the month This company does not consider any term or condition in that contract to be binding upon itself".
Again you're only as good as what you have under the law. And because you as a contractor have nothing Fat Freddy has and will continue to do whatever he damn wells pleases and neither you, your interests or your equity will ever be allowed to get in the way.

FedGT

Contractor award huh? That and a couple of bucks will get you a cup of coffee at 7-11. Of course they wouldn't bother you as long as you offered zero resistance. Then again you had zero power because . They even decided who you could sell to because they reserved the right to approve or reject the party you sold to.

In fact a so called "contractor relations manager" LOL took me out to the parking lot and said to me. "Look, I'm telling you this off the record simply because I'm retiring at the end of the month This company does not consider any term or condition in that contract to be binding upon itself".
Again you're only as good as what you have under the law. And because you as a contractor have nothing Fat Freddy has and will continue to do whatever he damn wells pleases and neither you, your interests or your equity will ever be allowed to get in the way.

. Zzzzzzzzz
Yawn!!!!!
Seems like I’ve heard this already 4 times in the last 5 posts.
I’m bored, time for bed.
Regroup see if you have anything applicable or new tomorrow.
Few bucks for the award maybe many many thousands from free PSAs were what I cared about.

bacha29

. Zzzzzzzzz
Yawn!!!!!
Seems like I’ve heard this already 4 times in the last 5 posts.
I’m bored, time for bed.
Regroup see if you have anything applicable or new tomorrow.
Few bucks for the award maybe many many thousands from free PSAs were what I cared about.
It comes down this this pal. The fate of your investment will be decided by the people in that boardroom There will never be anyone there to speak for contractors yet they obediently continue to put more and more money on the table. Shareholders on the other hand can at least vote their shares in defense of their investment.

But, because that investment has zero representation it is therefore 100% totally unsecured. And a given work area is only worth putting so just so much money at risk.

At the same time however when the fate of the equity is decided by someone other than the person whose money is being placed at risk that is in no way shape or form an actual business.

FedGT

It comes down this this pal. The fate of your investment will be decided by the people in that boardroom There will never be anyone there to speak for contractors yet they obediently continue to put more and more money on the table. Shareholders on the other hand can at least vote their shares in defense of their investment.

But, because that investment has zero representation it is therefore 100% totally unsecured. And a given work area is only worth putting so just so much money at risk.

At the same time however when the fate of the equity is decided by someone other than the person whose money is being placed at risk that is in no way shape or form an actual business.
Hey pal???

it comes down to this, anyone that thinks they have a 100% chance of return on any investment is a complete fool. Restaurants go broke 1000% over ground routes but still a business genius. They may be leasing a building and leasing equipment so it is totally unsecured as well. The owner doesn’t decide his fate the govt and the customers do just like any other business.

Stop saying my investment. I bought I sold I hold nothing of any type of investment with FedEx. The model is not going anywhere it is going to become more the norm than anything.

falcon back

Hey pal???

it comes down to this, anyone that thinks they have a 100% chance of return on any investment is a complete fool. Restaurants go broke 1000% over ground routes but still a business genius. They may be leasing a building and leasing equipment so it is totally unsecured as well. The owner doesn’t decide his fate the govt and the customers do just like any other business.

Stop saying my investment. I bought I sold I hold nothing of any type of investment with FedEx. The model is not going anywhere it is going to become more the norm than anything.
Don't pay attention to bacha. He got ran off and his bitterness and ignorance shows with each and every post.

bacha29

Don't pay attention to bacha. He got ran off and his bitterness and ignorance shows with each and every post.
My level of ignorance never has and never will equal yours.
Hey pal???

Once again when you cannot disprove the hard facts as they pertain to the language of the contract you signed you try to side step them or seek to dismiss them by saying that you don't care. Or course when you never challenge those terms instead simply bend over and passively bow to their every demand then I guess that it doesn't matter.

vantexan

My level of ignorance never has and never will equal yours.

Once again when you cannot disprove the hard facts as they pertain to the language of the contract you signed you try to side step them or seek to dismiss them by saying that you don't care. Or course when you never challenge those terms instead simply bend over and passively bow to their every demand then I guess that it doesn't matter.
I'm thinking FedGT has got the upper hand on this one. Dano couldn't quite pull it off, Falconetti can only name call. Nope, looks like the new guy came armed with logic you can't counter. Down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier!! What a fitting ending to a terrible year!