Stupid arguments about the Ground business model

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Why is it that expecting punishment for the “city rioters” is translated as absolution for the Capitol rioters? Violence should be punished equally, regardless of any excuses being made, or the location of the violence.

vantexan

You're just using your perceived lack of prosecution of the city rioters as a means to absolve the capital rioters of their actions. Sorry Bud, law enforcement doesn't see it that way.
When Democrat mayors are telling their police departments to stand down, don't arrest rioters, law enforcement doesn't get to see things any way.

AB831

Why is it that expecting punishment for the “city rioters” is translated as absolution for the Capitol rioters? Violence should be punished equally, regardless of any excuses being made, or the location of the violence.
Because while all violence is wrong and criminal, looting a Target doesn’t even scratch the surface of storming the Capitol Building while congress is in session with intent of overthrowing an election in the most powerful nation on earth. Not even in the same stratosphere.

vantexan

Because while all violence is wrong and criminal, looting a Target doesn’t even scratch the surface of storming the Capitol Building while congress is in session with intent of overthrowing an election in the most powerful nation on earth. Not even in the same stratosphere.
It's amazing that you think a few hundred unarmed men even had a chance of reversing an election let alone take over the country, but downplay 2 billion in damage, several dozen killed, thousands injured. Characterize it as looting a Target. Police station was destroyed, they tried to destroy a Federal courthouse. An autonomous zone in Seattle was set up where a kid got killed. Seems your Christian Republican belief system is askew. Oh, that's right, you weren't truthful about that either.

bacha29

It's amazing that you think a few hundred unarmed men even had a chance of reversing an election let alone take over the country, but downplay 2 billion in damage, several dozen killed, thousands injured. Characterize it as looting a Target. Police station was destroyed, they tried to destroy a Federal courthouse. An autonomous zone in Seattle was set up where a kid got killed. Seems your Christian Republican belief system is askew. Oh, that's right, you weren't truthful about that either.
There you go again trying to downplay the Capital riot whose clear intent as clearly stated by the rioters was to "take back their country".
Now you tell me what did they mean by that? Law enforcement apparently believes as evidenced by the charges filed that the objective was to stop a centuries old constitutional process, overturn the results of a national election and stop the transition to a new presidential administration.
If that was not their objective then what was it?

vantexan

There you go again trying to downplay the Capital riot whose clear intent as clearly stated by the rioters was to "take back their country".
Now you tell me what did they mean by that? Law enforcement apparently believes as evidenced by the charges filed that the objective was to stop a centuries old constitutional process, overturn the results of a national election and stop the transition to a new presidential administration.
What have they been charged with? And really, the election results were going to be overturned because a handful of people wanted it so?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The purpose of all protests is to influence a decision or action that has yet to be made. This function of said protest is protected by the U.S. Constitution.
Exceeding that right of protest is unlawful, and should be appropriately punished. By excusing the unlawful actions at multiple BLM protests, you invalidated your complaint against the Capitol rioters, under the Equal Protections granted by the Constitution.

Reap what you sow.

bacha29

The purpose of all protests is to influence a decision or action that has yet to be made. This function of said protest is protected by the U.S. Constitution.
Exceeding that right of protest is unlawful, and should be appropriately punished. By excusing the unlawful actions at multiple BLM protests, you invalidated your complaint against the Capitol rioters, under the Equal Protections granted by the Constitution.

Reap what you sow.
Show me one of my previous posts where I called for an exemption or exoneration of the city rioters? As I said before. You cannot feel one way about the city riots and another way about the Capital riots which is exactly what you DIDO and Tex seek to do. The level to which each individual's crime in both incidents rises to based on the evidence will be determined and charged accordingly.

vantexan

Show me one of my previous posts where I called for an exemption or exoneration of the city rioters? As I said before. You cannot feel one way about the city riots and another way about the Capital riots which is exactly what you DIDO and Tex seek to do. The level to which each individual's crime in both incidents rises to based on the evidence will be determined and charged accordingly.
Did the Capitol rioters hit the police with bricks? Set fires? Shoot anyone? Occupy an area of the Capitol and refuse to leave for weeks? What they did was absolutely wrong but you make it like it was much, much worse than anything the BLM protesters did.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Law enforcement apparently believes as evidenced by the charges filed that the objective was to stop a centuries old constitutional process, overturn the results of a national election and stop the transition to a new presidential administration.
You lefties said it was just a ceremonial vote and the results couldn't be overturned by the certification vote. Do you get tired of carrying around those goalposts little lady?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
“ Qui tacet consentit “

bacha29

Did the Capitol rioters hit the police with bricks? Set fires? Shoot anyone? Occupy an area of the Capitol and refuse to leave for weeks? What they did was absolutely wrong but you make it like it was much, much worse than anything the BLM protesters did.
No I did not. Just as Trump continues to refuse to accept the fact that he lost you refuse to accept the fact that your side has conclusively shown it's willingness to take the law into their own hands in an attempt to transform history into a version they are comfortable with. And all of your "whataboutisms" and skills as a political apologist will not allow the perpetrators to escape justice.

Yes, there are radical elements on the left. They've been there for decades. What has changed is the emergence of an equally radical political right and you are clearly shocked to have been introduced to them along with how far they are willing to go to advance their own radical agenda.

bacha29

You lefties said it was just a ceremonial vote and the results couldn't be overturned by the certification vote. Do you get tired of carrying around those goalposts little lady?
Ceremonial or not. The constitution, you know, the document you righty's claim to be the most knowledgeable of when it comes to it's intent and application.... REQUIRES that this event be held.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yes, there are radical elements on the left. They've been there for decades.
What has changed is the emergence of an equally radical Democrat party and you are clearly shocked to have been introduced to them along with how far they are willing to go to advance their own radical agenda.

That's why you keep deflecting from the hundreds of violent BLM riots by crying about the one riot on January 6.