Supervisors working

davburke

The hub manager approached me while I was unloading a trailer and gave me a hard time about me filing my supervisor working grievances the other day. It turned into an argument about sups working vs.attendance in the hub. Is he allowed to approach me like this or is this harassment?

Gimme Danger

Talking with you about grievances without a steward can be direct dealing, it can be harassment under Article 37 & 21. Depends on the tone and if there is different treatment afterwards.
If there is an issue with attendance, ask them to pay more than 10.10 per hour for new part timers. Turnover is atrocious.

upschuck

Talking with you about grievances without a steward can be direct dealing, it can be harassment under Article 37 & 21. Depends on the tone and if there is different treatment afterwards.
If there is an issue with attendance, ask them to pay more than 10.10 per hour for new part timers. Turnover is atrocious.
It is $10.20 now.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The hub manager approached me while I was unloading a trailer and gave me a hard time about me filing my supervisor working grievances the other day. It turned into an argument about sups working vs.attendance in the hub. Is he allowed to approach me like this or is this harassment?

It sounds like verbal harassment..retaliation..frustration ??

The company is contractually obligated to staff their operation per Article 3 Sec 7.

They have to "exhaust all means" first. And, have to prove it.

Talking with you about grievances without a steward can be direct dealing, it can be harassment under Article 37 & 21.

Article 3 Sec 7.... plus Article 37 ? Good to go, and I like it.

Article 21 is a bit of a stretch.

that'll really get the tears going

:biggrin:

-Bug-

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
It is $10.20 now.
$$$$

70Vg_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

22.34life

U should say I can't discuss this matter without my steward present.if he continues then it becomes harassment,or u could tell him that the company is supposed to staff the operation with adaquit staffing to account for call ins,schedule off,dissabilty,t.a.w,vacation etc.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
your there

RealPerson

The company is contractually obligated to staff their operation per Article 3 Sec 7.

-Bug-

They use call offs.
New Hires
Under staffed
All reasons to work, and they do every day!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

-Bug-
How about Labor Charges?

Pretty sure that Hub Manager isn't supposed to be talking to the grievant,

......about an unresolved grievance, without their designated Local Union Business Agent present?

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Pretty sure that Hub Manager isn't supposed to be talking to the grievant, about an unresolved grievance, without their designated Local Union Business Agent present?

Agreed.

They shouldn't even talk to the grievant about it with a Steward present.

Once the grievance is filed, the Local Union owns it. (so to speak)

Wouldn't be nice if the provisions of Article 19 Section 10 (2)....

Was spelled out to specifically apply to all grievances ?

In an issue like this, it would be better for the Local to file the charge.

-Bug-

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I’m sure these supervisors have no issue with texting people to stay home if they are over staffed.

dudebro

Here's a perfect example of contractual language thats too vague and generally subject to an agrrrment between the Local and management.

in my personal experience I've seen this mean everything from "Has every qualified UPS Teamster within an hour of the facility been offered the work first" to "Bro, 25% of my assigned staff isn't here, so we're workin'"

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Here's a perfect example of contractual language thats too vague and generally subject to an agrrrment between the Local and management.

in my personal experience I've seen this mean everything from "Has every qualified UPS Teamster within an hour of the facility been offered the work first" to "Bro, 25% of my assigned staff isn't here, so we're workin'"

The way it's dealt with in my Local, is the way it should be done.

The company grabs a steward to witness them attempting to call in the next shift.

There can be sign up sheets year round, for double shifting.

The company is obligated to try and staff the operation.

Nowadays, it's a crap shoot on who comes to work.

-Bug-

Last edited:

anHOURover

The way it's dealt with in my Local, is the way it should be done.

The company grabs a steward to witness them attempting to call in the next shift.

There can be sign up sheets year round, for double shifting.

The company is obligated to try and staff the operation.

Nowadays, it's a crap shoot on who comes to work.

-Bug-
With all these concessions that you been pushing bugger I'm having problems coming to work. Why are you supporting an old Caucasian senile lawyer? Riding the bandwagon till the wheels fall off? Such a fencewalker
FACT