Surepost violations already started.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sorry about the additional post (Christmas Party this evening) actually this peak has been pretty smooth, lots of changes in our district and things are pretty much on plan.
I am kind of surprised actually. It will be interesting to see what next week brings.

Our PDS told us that he expects the 20th to be our Peak day.

We have also had a very smooth Peak thus far. We have been working every Saturday since BF.
We have put the most routes on road and delivered the most packages ever since moving in to our new building.

He also told us that the majority of those routes will still be in for the week after Christmas as they expect volume to remain extremely high.

Sortisle

@Dragon ,
The statement you made about the reason hourly have jobs is because of management is about the dumbest thing I've heard for some time.
If it wasn't for customers none of us would have a job and customers have griped from day one why about they're getting their package(s) a day later thru surepost. They've tracked it into our building, the online info says it's out for delivery and they get it the next day instead. They believed that the package was coming UPS. They got fooled. You get the credit.
Also,
with Orion implemented you (management) have effectively destroyed the one thing this company had going for it and that it consistancy. Yes, you, management did that and furthered the growth of our competition. The only thing you care about is the stock price and your bonuses.
It is very obvious that this is your one priority but in the meantime we lose customer base. Great job.
Oh, and after you acknowledge that you are purposely breaking the surepost language in the contract that you agreed to abide by and fix that violation maybe you can back off the loader's chocolate factory experience so that we can actually put the right packages into the right truck so our customers who, again, give us all jobs (not you), can get the service that they paid for.

Dragon, you approve of breaking a signed contract? You must have an integrity issue problem.

Last edited:

10 point

I think he was being sarcastic.
Nope.
We give thousands of packages to a company called A. Austin to ship through DHL every day.
It's something we have to do in some cases because our system may not get to those countries or they're cheaper then we are to handle it. It's a mixed bag.

But I believe this thread is about the company cherry picking and hiding stops that UPS drivers should be delivering and redirecting them thruogh the post office in the US not international pkgs.

Evidently some management folks on here are a little ouchy about that issue getting exposed.

Last edited:

Boulevard859710

Nope.
We give thousands of packages to a company called A. Austin to ship through DHL every day.
It's something we have to do in some cases because our system may not get to those countries or they're cheaper then we are to handle it. It's a mixed bag.

But I believe this thread is about the company cherry picking and hiding stops that UPS drivers should be delivering and redirecting them thruogh the post office in the US not international pkgs.

Evidently some management folks on here are a little ouchy about that issue getting exposed.
What I've often thought about is maybe UPS was threatened if they didn't send volume USPS's way. It's a known fact that First Class mail volume has gone down considerably because if the increase of online bill paying. The Post Office has to make up the loss of revenue somehow by coercing it's competitors to throw a few bones their way. The fact that they have the power of the US Government backing them the theory doesn't sound too farfetched.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So what you meant to say is (having a few more pieces at each stop helps pad your paid day so you can bonus).

You are not guaranteed a bonus, yes I know you think you are, but really you are not.

When you take the couple extra ten minute breaks and you do...you are stealing from us.

So Sortisle put on your big boy britches and get to work, leave the other stuff to someone else because you are way out of your league.
Any bonus drivers make 110k or more?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
@Dragon ,
The statement you made about the reason hourly have jobs is because of management is about the dumbest thing I've heard for some time.
If it wasn't for customers none of us would have a job and customers have griped from day one why about they're getting their package(s) a day later thru surepost. They've tracked it into our building, the online info says it's out for delivery and they get it the next day instead. They believed that the package was coming UPS. They got fooled. You get the credit.
Also,
with Orion implemented you (management) have effectively destroyed the one thing this company had going for it and that it consistancy. Yes, you, management did that and furthered the growth of our competition. The only thing you care about is the stock price and your bonuses.
It is very obvious that this is your one priority but in the meantime we lose customer base. Great job.
Oh, and after you acknowledge that you are purposely breaking the surepost language in the contract that you agreed to abide by and fix that violation maybe you can back off the loader's chocolate factory experience so that we can actually put the right packages into the right truck so our customers who, again, give us all jobs (not you), can get the service that they paid for.

Dragon, you approve of breaking a signed contract? You must have an integrity issue problem.

Still blinded by the US vs THEM thing huh? Well I tried.
Try not to drown in your own misery...

Our PDS told us that he expects the 20th to be our Peak day.

We have also had a very smooth Peak thus far. We have been working every Saturday since BF.
We have put the most routes on road and delivered the most packages ever since moving in to our new building.

He also told us that the majority of those routes will still be in for the week after Christmas as they expect volume to remain extremely high.
And they are breaking the contract every Saturday. I see lots of free money coming my way

Sortisle

"Us vs them" let's see..
So what you meant to say is (having a few more pieces at each stop helps pad your paid day so you can bonus).

You are not guaranteed a bonus, yes I know you think you are, but really you are not.

When you take the couple extra ten minute breaks and you do...you are stealing from us.

So Sortisle put on your big boy britches and get to work, leave the other stuff to someone else because you are way out of your league.
This is the reason for the "You and us" attitude. "You"=pompous attitude know-it-all vs "Us"=hard working galley slaves working to retain the customer base that validates your existence as management.. without stealing time as you alluded to.

upschuck

During this time of year, most drivers do not want the extra work. At other times, sure, but not now.

Technically, we probably shouldn't be giving any of it to the PO, because they'd all be in close proximity of other stops. That would give everyone an extra hour a day? People don't want what they have.

Sortisle

During this time of year, most drivers do not want the extra work. At other times, sure, but not now.

Technically, we probably shouldn't be giving any of it to the PO, because they'd all be in close proximity of other stops. That would give everyone an extra hour a day? People don't want what they have.
Some don't want the extra work. Some do. And surepost is generally small, light pkgs.
Of course, if the system was implemented and rectified as the language says the company would have to plan for the CORRECT amount of volume and this being maintained throughout the rest of the year would add jobs. We have seasonal drivers just running misloads and shuttling things who are very capable of delivering a whole route. They'd take the extra hours since many are between jobs.

The amount of "bagged" volume has been increased. There's a lot going on behind the scenes. If they aren't going to honor the language then either take it out or enforce it in the next contract. This is wrong.

upschuck

Some don't want the extra work. Some do.
I'm sure dispatch would give you more if you asked for more, have you?
Of course, if the system was implemented and rectified as the language says the company would have to plan for the CORRECT amount of volume
Couldn't find the quality temps that they have now, you want more that you have to go help?
We have seasonal drivers just running misloads and shuttling things who are very capable of delivering a whole route.
Not most places. Read somewhere on here that a temp delivered 30 stops in six hours, in city. I'm not saying that is representative of all seasonals, but they are no where near as good as a regular driver.
CORRECT amount of volume and this being maintained throughout the rest of the year would add jobs.
Rest of year, sure, but training new drivers during peak, most can't handle that amount of work and expectations in a short amount of time.