TDU?

anHOURover

What about the last bonus raise? You already made people wait for their first raise. Tim and Z created a concession the first year of our contract.
You hung over brother? You still feeling the effects of the bong? Don't go to the ER brother..
Did you ever thank carey for you high wages brother?

anHOURover

I never said that.......all I did was question you saying that a guy got a raise and because it was a split raise he couldn't afford to eat now......and I said how can I guy receive more money and be in worse shape he was in before........if you want I will go back and quote your post........I would hope you just change what you said maybe it was I typo maybe it was the heat of the moment and you didn't read what you wrote
Hey genius... When your making 10$ an hour for 17 hours a week your below poverty... Getting .35 cents when your SUPPOSED to get 70 hurts your pocket a little more than the package car or feeder driver... INCREASED Teamcare bills and lack of hours are crippling part timers.. I STAND behind statement that many (thousands) of part timers are MISSING meals!
It may seem all peachy in your suburban life for take a look in a UPS hub in ANY inner city to see the FACTS. I know hubs who have to supply transportation just to get some to work!! Not everyone is making what you do brother.. DID YOU FORGET YOUR ROOTS? I didn't.. It's clear that hoffa supporters have all forgotten where they came from!!

Last edited:
I'm not so sure your math is up to par... You still think a split raise is the same as a full raise.. I bet the wife writes the checks and does the food shopping... Right??
If you could have 65 cents August 1st or 40 cents August 1st and 40 cents February 1st time hat would you chose?

Hey genius... When your making 10$ an hour for 17 hours a week your below poverty... Getting .35 cents when your SUPPOSED to get 70 hurts your pocket a little more than the package car or feeder driver... INCREASED Teamcare bills and lack of hours are crippling part timers.. I STAND behind statement that many (thousands) of part timers are MISSING meals!
It may seem all peachy in your suburban life for take a look in a UPS hub in ANY inner city to see the FACTS. I know hubs who have to supply transportation just to get some to work!! Not everyone is making what you do brother.. DID YOU FORGET YOUR ROOTS? I didn't.. It's clear that hoffa supporters have all forgotten where they came from!!
I was a part timer I always worked another job. Most of the time it was a full time one. Bought a house before I was 21 and came fro a very poor family.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Your changing your story......you didn't say they were missing meals because of low wages.....you said they are missing meals because of a raise

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

thats not the point... It's a concession during record profits!!
Just like 4 year progression!!
Same as taking everyone to the lower level healthcare!!
Shall I continue??
Concessions concessions concessions !!!
That's all I see out of hoffa hall and Sean the Boston bully..
You are cheerleading for a group of people that would rather be friendly with management instead of fighting for their members!
All they do is dish out concessions!
A split raise does not kill me but I bet it's making a few thousand part timers miss a meal or two!
FACT
Read the last line of your statement....I'll quote it for you also
"A split raise does not kill me but I bet a few thousand part timers miss a meal or two Fact"
Now I ask you again how can someone receiving more money be in worse shape than he was before

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

In addition......I want part timers to receive the most money possible.......but remember it's a part time job.....originally part time jobs weren't meant to support families....they were suppose to help out with money while you had other things going on whether it was taking care of kids,going to school or just to put a few bucks in your pocket.the people that wanted more usually wanted to go full time

In addition......I want part timers to receive the most money possible.......but remember it's a part time job.....originally part time jobs weren't meant to support families....they were suppose to help out with money while you had other things going on whether it was taking care of kids,going to school or just to put a few bucks in your pocket.the people that wanted more usually wanted to go full time
Now you are speaking logic. There isn't any logic with TDU.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I was a part timer I always worked another job. Most of the time it was a full time one.

So did I.

Were there leans times ? Yep.

But, "I kept my nose to the grindstone" (as so many of us did)

And made the most of it.

With the turn-over rate @ 85%, I question the desire and work ethic.

That (observation).... is not lost on others.

-Bug-

So did I.

Were there leans times ? Yep.

But, "I kept my nose to the grindstone" (as so many of us did)

And made the most of it.

With the turn-over rate @ 85%, I question the desire and work ethic.

That (observation).... is not lost on others.

-Bug-
Ups turned out a better job than union central transport was for me at the time or another job working as a sanitary engineer ( garbage man ). I'm glad I'm in this gig.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Ups turned out a better job than union central transport was for me at the time or another job working as a sanitary engineer ( garbage man ). I'm glad I'm in this gig.

I worked in construction. Started out as a hod carrier.

Got to the point, of holding a contractors license.

Worked 7:00am - 4:00pm.

Went home.... slept for an hour, and then went to load trucks at UPS.

Did it for years. (until I could get a full-time bid)

And now.... 1000's of part-timers are missing a meal. :biggrin:

Ha !

-Bug-

anHOURover

I thank hall ,Chief negotiator since 1997.
You just backed yourself into a corner... You make this easy SON!! If hall was responsible back in 1997 .... He must be responsible for all the concessions that 95% of my local are complaining about now! Fact or fiction son?