Teamsters 401k ?

Coldworld

If I remember they got rid of the thrift plan right when they allowed hourly employees to buy stock, I just rolled my thrift plan money into stock.
Still remember some of the old time mgt crying when we were able to do this...they thought this was the final nail in the coffin for brown when they let the teamsters start buying their precious shares.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Before the biden economy went belly up I was doing 10% contributions. 5% is the max match so I was just making up for it. Couldn’t afford it anymore but it did build nicely while it lasted. I’m under the assumption that the pension and social security will be long gone by the time I’m retired and this 401k will be the only thing I have. Maybe we’ll be the last ones laughing.

tourists24

Before the biden economy went belly up I was doing 10% contributions. 5% is the max match so I was just making up for it. Couldn’t afford it anymore but it did build nicely while it lasted. I’m under the assumption that the pension and social security will be long gone by the time I’m retired and this 401k will be the only thing I have. Maybe we’ll be the last ones laughing.
It’s a smart idea to envision your retirement without a pension and prepare…. And if that pension is there; bonus

Coldworld

Same as with social security
They are going to keep SS as solvent as possible... don't need the greatest generation and the boomers banding together and raising hell with their scooters, walkers and canes.
We still have a few guys working here because they are not ready to give their ex part of their pension
Not sure that's reason enough to continue to work here and die behind the seat.