Tentative Agreement

Bad Gas!

Wow..I read all the poop on this thread..It's definitely devil in the details...I understand the part time views. For full-timers, we need harassment language and pension increases in the the south..It's ironic that part timers control their destiny and get the raw deal each contract..

pretender

First rule of negotiations
Be willing to actually get up and walk away! It's one thing to say it, but to actually do it...Well thats speaks volumes!
Now that the negotiations seem to be over with. I would like to welcome all the new partcipants to the Central States Plan. Well, that is after the vote count was verified by carefully appointed observers and then officially certified by the IBT.

I did read that Teamster Members are upset that non affected Teamsters are going to be able to vote on other Teamsters' future. I do have sympathy for them and I believe that only affected members should only be able to vote on concsessions that concern themselves and only themselves, but this is not unpresidented. Remember last contract, all UPS Teamster members were given the opprotunity to vote as to weather UPS could take 44,000 Fulltime members out of Central States Pension Fund. So why are some complaining now? Just an observation that I felt needed to be shared.

Here is something think to about. Unions are exempt from the Affordable Heath Care Plan, unlike companies such as UPS, at least for a few years. The way the Company plan was set up and operated, would never be allowed under Obama care. Therefore, UPS found it considerably cheaper to pay the union supply the health care! That way, they wash their hands of that whole mess! As of just a few weeks ago, I inquired about how much UPS pays Central States for our coverage. My BA told me it worked out to be over $1200 a month per full time employee. So the question is, how much is being paid out on behalf of each member in the company plan? When that is known, a comparrison can be made.
I thought the main objective here was to maintain equality with all members, I just didn't think they wanted to lower the coverage of 140,000 teamsters and their families to our level in order to to do so!
The customer service, in my opion, is very poor in Central States right now. Just imagine what it is going to be like when over 140,000 members + their family members are enrolled. Can you say Cluster friend--k!
Can't wait for the rest of the details!

I can see your point regarding the CS pension. However, the results were to restore the benefits that were taken away from us by Central States. There are still other areas of the country with much higher pensions.

As much as I hate the Affordable Health Care Plan, and despite my reservations regarding being folded into union healthcare, it did occur to me that being in a union plan may bode well in that regard...

What'dyabringmetoday???

Re: I guess there is no strike....

I think most on here don't even know who you are much less have disdain for you.

If anyone has disdain for you, it is probably because you have such a man-crush on Upstate.
Perhaps I deserve your snide remarks. Upstate deserves what he gets as well. Again, my point is missed. Of course, it likely does note pertain to you. On a side note, perhaps you could give me some posting tips. You seem to have everything figured out...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Wow..I read all the poop on this thread..It's definitely devil in the details...I understand the part time views. For full-timers, we need harassment language and pension increases in the the south..It's ironic that part timers control their destiny and get the raw deal each contract..

We need harrassment language across the board and across the country. That was one of the things that was to be addressed. Was it not?

I didn't read the whole thread.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Just reading a couple of pages - PTers, if you don't like the contract then vote NO NO NO!! Seriously, you hold the power to make a change.

oldupsman

3) True, retirees don't have a voice; but by your own recognition, there is a significant number of retirements coming up. If the retiree healthcare benefits are degraded, many may be forced to stick around. Your situation is the least of my concern, but if you are among the many waiting for a driving job, your wait may just get longer...[/QUOTE]
The wait is going to be much longer. Guys will be sticking around another five years because of the health care cost.
So you part timers get ready. Another 5 years in the hub for you until a driving job comes up.

Dudeman

The only thing I don't like about what I've heard of the the agreement so far is if they are going to raise the starting wage by 50 cents, they should have a catch up raise for all union employees of 50 cents.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
TDU Leaks Initial Contract Details

UPS Contract Details | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

* FT wage progression going from 3 to 4 years
* Raises are .70, .70, .70., .80 (split), 1.00 (split)
* Starting PT wage bumped to $10 -- does not appear to be catch-up raises for incumbent PTers
* Health benefits will be similar to current company-controlled plans
* FT pension will increase

*** I care about contract details, not opinions on TDU. This means you, Stink!!! ***

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Re: TDU Leaks Initial Contract Details

4 years to full scale that's nuts. Almost doubled progression over the last two contracts. All while making billions.

Ill need to see the details but unless progression is something like year one $20 year two $25 year three $30 this is a huge concession.

pomf

Looks like it's shaping up to be a crap contract. How come these type of highlights won't come from our union, which we pay dues to? All that TDU bashing is just plain stupid and non productive. Perhaps we ought to bash our leadership for conceding anything during record profit years.

I will be voting NO and then when the rest of the votes push it to be ratified I will be exercising my "right to work" and withdraw from the union. I'll probably need that extra money every week to cover my new health care expenses.

End of Line

Later "brothers".

over9five

Staff member

4 years to full scale that's nuts. Almost doubled progression over the last two contracts. All while making billions.

Ill need to see the details but unless progression is something like year one $20 year two $25 year three $30 this is a huge concession.
Four year progression is insane. The amount of work they do.....

HUGE concession.

Brownslave688

U know the union guys can say whatever they want but there's no reason for teamsters not to have a PDF of the entire contract on their site right now.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

They are probably expecting many drivers to retire in the next few years so that will save ups money. If they were hiring drivers after a couple of years in the hub I would say fine with 4 years, but some of these guys are waiting 15 years for a full time job...thats nuts. You can thank surepost for most of this along with drivers wanting to work 50 years...I just dont get it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

UPS Contract Details | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

* FT wage progression going from 3 to 4 years
* Raises are .70, .70, .70., .80 (split), 1.00 (split)
* Starting PT wage bumped to $10 -- does not appear to be catch-up raises for incumbent PTers
* Health benefits will be similar to current company-controlled plans
* FT pension will increase

*** I care about contract details, not opinions on TDU. This means you, Stink!!! ***

It's not available yet.

Even if TDU had a "leaked" copy.... they would have it posted on their website, already criticizing it.

-Bug-

http://www.browncafe.com/community/...-be-our-best-contract-ever-hands-down.349717/
I must be psychic.... How did I know that would happen ? :happy-very:

-Bug-

Brownslave688

They are probably expecting many drivers to retire in the next few years so that will save ups money. If they were hiring drivers after a couple of years in the hub I would say fine with 4 years, but some of these guys are waiting 15 years for a full time job...thats nuts. You can thank surepost for most of this along with drivers wanting to work 50 years...I just dont get it.

Surepost is a necessary evil. It sucks but we have to offer it.

I remember when I was first looking for a job that would become my career. My grandpa said if your doing manual labor try to find a union job. Once your there 30 days you'll be making the same as a guy with 30 years. Oh how far we have fallen.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Surepost is a necessary evil. It sucks but we have to offer it.

I remember when I was first looking for a job that would become my career. My grandpa said if your doing manual labor try to find a union job. Once your there 30 days you'll be making the same as a guy with 30 years. Oh how far we have fallen.

true, but the surepost has been abused...not sure if thats a shippers issue or ups, a 20 pound box isnt surepost....If I have a package to one house and the house next door is getting a surepost package we should be delivering it. Even if we could get 10% of those package back it still would be beneficial for us. The management says that the hub still has to process those packages...well they dont staff the operations that well anyway so not sure why that is always brought up..probably to shut us up..lol

stink219

Looks like it's shaping up to be a crap contract. How come these type of highlights won't come from our union, which we pay dues to? All that TDU bashing is just plain stupid and non productive. Perhaps we ought to bash our leadership for conceding anything during record profit years.

I will be voting NO and then when the rest of the votes push it to be ratified I will be exercising my "right to work" and withdraw from the union. I'll probably need that extra money every week to cover my new health care expenses.

End of Line

Later "brothers".
First off, I found this out on day 1. Second, tdu had their initial release of $3.90 in raises but calculated it at 70 70 70 90 and 100. That's $4 not 3.90. There is so much left out of their hate article. They are just commie journalist. Notice they don't report just facts but initiate an opinion? Anyone can google search and find that info. I was told way more today by my eboard. You will be getting info mailed to you as some people don't do the research via Internet.
Right to work? I hope your giving back all those negotiated raises you got from past contracts by our union. Turds like you are the reason I scab bash!

Coldworld

60 months and counting

First off, I found this out on day 1. Second, tdu had their initial release of $3.90 in raises but calculated it at 70 70 70 90 and 100. That's $4 not 3.90. There is so much left out of their hate article. They are just commie journalist. Notice they don't report just facts but initiate an opinion? Anyone can google search and find that info. I was told way more today by my eboard. You will be getting info mailed to you as some people don't do the research via Internet.
Right to work? I hope your giving back all those negotiated raises you got from past contracts by our union. Turds like you are the reason I scab bash!

gotta love the dirty south!