Tentative Agreement

4 years ??? really!!!' consession slate!!!

Considering how long it takes to get a chance for a driving position, it's ridiculous that new drivers will have to wait yet another year before hitting top pay. Just another step for ups to create a two tier pay scale

purplesky

Re: 4 years ??? really!!!' consession slate!!!

4 years to top scale does suck but if the progression rates are very generous it might work. What about all the sub-contracting? Is that going to continue? Sometimes our hub looks like a truckstop with all the various carriers coming and going.

I had a feeling they would extend the time to get to top scale which is much better than UPSTATES 2 TIER WET DREAM.:wink2:

There is always going to be some give and take people. JUST REMEMBER GUYS THAT UPS MANAGEMENT DOES NOW HAVE TO PAY FOR SOME OF THEIR HEALTH INSURANCE AND THEY HAVE LOST THEIR DEFINED PENSION.

In this current economy and anti-union /pro-business climate I think the Teamsters have to play this contract carefully. THE TEAMSTERS DONT HOLD ALL THE CARDS.

Lets just see the actual fricking offer before we rip on HAll and Hoffa. IF ITS REALLY THAT BAD IT WILL NOT PASS THE MEMBERSHIP VOTE.:wink2:

Marlin3030hntr

Yup just about at 7 years and still waiting, I'm the only one in the building up for our cover driving spots that passed the road test so I can't even get trained grrrrr this company sometimes!

opie

I rea"

in the contract if I am understanding it correctly, that if as a PTer, if your rate is higher than the starting FT rate. You keep your rate. Can anyone confirm? I figure if I take the PT air position. I can then start at that rate when going FT. That way I can avoid starting at $16.10 and instead start at $25+ and avoid the three year wait.[/QU

Like I said air and ground pay is seperate we had a guy in our center that has been there 15yrs and just went into ft to throw money in his retirement and he went to the starting ground rate which is like $16.10 or something like that, but think you will be guaranteed your 8 everyday ft so itll average out depending on how many hours you put in a week pt I average about 24hrs a week so the $16hr starting ft is better and its only 3 years to the top rate which will be a little over $35 in 3 years so thats worth waiting for in my opinion

Management may be pulling a fast one on that 15yr PTer.

"Part-time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2008 who subsequently are promoted to full-time employment under this paragraph will be red circled until such time as the calculated progression rate exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purposes of applying the above progression..."

I could be wrong. I guess I will have to ask HR or my shop steward/BA to find out.

purplesky

Considering how long it takes to get a chance for a driving position, it's ridiculous that new drivers will have to wait yet another year before hitting top pay. Just another step for ups to create a two tier pay scale

Once this economy really starts taking off AND IT WILL driving positions will become more available. WE WILL NEVER VOTE YES ON A 2 TIER WAGE. THAT WILL ONLY HAPPEN IF UPS STARTS LOSING MONEY AS A CORPORATION.

If UPS doesnt make profits WE ARE ALL SCREWED AT THAT POINT.:wink2:

U

uber

This isn't effective for us that are already on progression right?

article22

Banned

Hey upsguy72..... U say give and take..... We are giving alot and taking it right up the behind......concession slate!!! Hoffa n hall

Marlin3030hntr

I just re-read that as well to make sure I was remembering it correctly and I texted the employee I was talking about he started at the $23hr that he was making in preload until the 3 years then he will hit top rate and unless you've been with the company since before August of 2002 you will hit the 16.10 ft rate like the rest of us poor saps....lol

opie

I just re-read that as well to make sure I was remembering it correctly and I texted the employee I was talking about he started at the $23hr that he was making in preload until the 3 years then he will hit top rate and unless you've been with the company since before August of 2002 you will hit the 16.10 ft rate like the rest of us poor saps....lol
Oh so he did keep his preload rate?? I think anyone who has been with the company since at least the last contract in 2008 are still grandfathered. Anyone after may not have the same benefit. Have to see new contract to see if they still have the same wage protection.

opie

By next contract they will ask for a 5 year progression! I may vote no, unless the progression moves faster. No more keeping wages low, and then a over $10 bump to top rate. Like go from starting rate and then maybe $22 after 1 year. $25 after 2, $30 after 3, and then top rate. Four years is way too long.

Marlin3030hntr

Ya it was a grandfathered at pre 2002 on this contract so I would assume it'll be pre 2007 as its a 5 yr contract again and us that have been there since pre 07 already make over $15hr

Ms.PacMan

According to the current Central States C-6 plan, retiree insurance doesn't begin until age 57. We currently enjoy retiree health benefits as early as 20 yrs of service, age 50, along with the 25/30 and out, any age incl. insurance.

What are the retiree insurance age requirements currently in other Teamster plans?

balland chain

I am in the CS plan and we lost the 20/25/30 and out with insurance years ago.. It was one of those "Best Ever" contracts just like our new one..In the CS plan, if you retire prior to age 55 you do not get insurance, nor are you offered insurance.. Upon retirement you have to purchase insurance.. I think it is 250 per single person or 500 for a married couple.. It may be 200/400, but I am not sure..

Stratocaster

I just spoke to my BA....Basically I'm voting a big fat NO! And to think that some guys on here were praising hall like he actually did a great job...didn't he? Whoever votes yes for this "best contract ever" shouldn't consider themselves a Teamster but a UPS servant. I'm glad that my local is one of the few that is still at the table negotiating the supplement. Hopefully the local language will clean up some of this mess.