Terrorism on American Soil - Texas Massacre in the House of God

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
At the end of today, 26 (as I last saw) fellow Americans were gunned down by evil incarnate. I pray existing family members are covered by God's grace and love and He heals the enormous loss in their lives and heals their pain. I pray He heals the emptiness, loss and heartache the family and friends of the deceased are experiencing now and in the future.

Very sad events today
How can god let this happen in his house of worship. If he saw it coming why did he not strike this guy down with a bolt of lightning beforehand?

It will be fine

Well I was being a little sarcastic. Obviously the gun laws in Illinois aren't working.
The reason guns laws are ineffectual in Chicago is because you have to only travel as far as the city limits to get around them. You don't even need to leave the state, you can take the bus to the near suburbs and buy whatever guns you want.

If you want to see the effects of strict guns laws and the impact on gun deaths you need to look to other nations. See Australia for starters, they had a few mass shootings and clamped down on guns, it worked. See most of Europe, see virtually every other civilized nation.

I don't understand how you people argue that current law is working as intended and we should all just accept that this is normal and there's nothing that can done about it. That's obviously not true.

It will be fine

Nothing fanciful about my notions. Trusting others to protect you is as fanciful as it gets. Benevolent governments staying that way is not borne out through history. Many people who have died from gun violence did so expecting that the police would protect them. When seconds count the police are minutes away.
Your chance of having an impact on overthrowing the government is 0% it's not happening. The US government does not fear it's well armed populace. Get rid of the guns and you get rid of the need for guns.

vantexan

The reason guns laws are ineffectual in Chicago is because you have to only travel as far as the city limits to get around them. You don't even need to leave the state, you can take the bus to the near suburbs and buy whatever guns you want.

If you want to see the effects of strict guns laws and the impact on gun deaths you need to look to other nations. See Australia for starters, they had a few mass shootings and clamped down on guns, it worked. See most of Europe, see virtually every other civilized nation.

I don't understand how you people argue that current law is working as intended and we should all just accept that this is normal and there's nothing that can done about it. That's obviously not true.
Actually crime spiked in Australia after they had a drive to collect guns from citizens.

Indecisi0n

I'm starting to feel that we as a society are starting to break down. In the past I feel these disturbed people had a fighting chance. With families being much closer than they are now and people working less we had more time to take notice of these kinds of people. On top of that it wasn't a battle to get insurance companies to pay for care.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Most churches are a special situations. Mostly, the main entrance is also the exit. People would try to run to the exit and to the shooter. In churches, all ushers should have concealed carry permits and these shooters would not be able to get off so many shots.

bbsam

Staff member
Most churches are a special situations. Mostly, the main entrance is also the exit. People would try to run to the exit and to the shooter. In churches, all ushers should have concealed carry permits and these shooters would not be able to get off so many shots.
Lol. No.

Indecisi0n

The solution to gun issues isn't solved with more guns.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
But everyone would be expected to participate in national defense, so we're back to where we started with the right of the people to keep and bear arms not being infringed.

Yep.

Why would everyone be expected to participate in national defense?

I'll take basic American history for $100.00 Alex.

That's the problem with liberal anti-gun nuts. They always whine about "the

second amendment was meant for militias".... without even knowing what the

militia was and how it applies to the second amendment.

Second Militia Act of 1792

"The second Act, passed May 8, 1792, provided for the organization of the state militias. It conscripted every "free able-bodied white male citizen" between the ages of 18 and 45 into a local militia company. (This was later expanded to all males, regardless of race, between the ages of 18 and 54 in 1862.)"

The US government does not fear it's well armed populace.

38c.jpg