Terrorism on American Soil - Texas Massacre in the House of God

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Most churches are a special situations. Mostly, the main entrance is also the exit. People would try to run to the exit and to the shooter. In churches, all ushers should have concealed carry permits and these shooters would not be able to get off so many shots.
Why not just pray for devine intervention?

It will be fine

Yep.

I'll take basic American history for $100.00 Alex.

That's the problem with liberal anti-gun nuts. They always whine about "the

second amendment was meant for militias".... without even knowing what the

militia was and how it applies to the second amendment.

Second Militia Act of 1792

"The second Act, passed May 8, 1792, provided for the organization of the state militias. It conscripted every "free able-bodied white male citizen" between the ages of 18 and 45 into a local militia company. (This was later expanded to all males, regardless of race, between the ages of 18 and 54 in 1862.)"

38c.jpg

Ok professor, where are the militias now? I wasn't conscripted so I'm guessing that law is no longer applicable. If you're giving a history lesson try to make it relevant to current law.

oldngray

nowhere special
The meaning of well regulated is different in the context of the 2nd Amendment than it would seem to imply with current word usage.

A well-regulated militia meant one that was thoroughly trained and disciplined, and as a result, well-functioning.

The intent of the 2nd Amendment was to allow the people to act as a check on the government. Not to serve as a way for the government to control the people.

Like everything else in the Constitution it was about individual rights.

Indecisi0n

The shooting yesterday could've been held to a couple of people shot.........had someone taken down the shooter.
You have the wrong mindset. It's not putting more guns in people's hands it should be how to keep them out of these people's hands.

Most civilian people can't accurately shot a gun. Put them in a high intense environment and it would be like shooting a gun blind folded. If they don't have the proper training they do more harm than good.

It will be fine

The meaning of well regulated is different in the context of the 2nd Amendment than it would seem to imply with current word usage.

A well-regulated militia meant one that was thoroughly trained and disciplined, and as a result, well-functioning.
I thought right wingers were originalists and we should follow the words written not try to judge intent. Regardless, currently we just ignore the militia part and let anyone have any gun they want without any training. I think we should mandate ongoing training and a duty to serve in exchange for gun ownership. If you really need to carry a gun to the grocery store you should be obligated to serve your community.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I thought right wingers were originalists and we should follow the words written not try to judge intent. Regardless, currently we just ignore the militia part and let anyone have any gun they want without any training. I think we should mandate ongoing training and a duty to serve in exchange for gun ownership. If you really need to carry a gun to the grocery store you should be obligated to serve your community.
good guy with a gun stopped the suspect

moreluck

golden ticket member
You have the wrong mindset. It's not putting more guns in people's hands it should be how to keep them out of these people's hands.

Most civilian people can't accurately shot a gun. Put them in a high intense environment and it would be like shooting a gun blind folded. If they don't have the proper training they do more harm than good.
Concealed carry doesn't go to untrained folks........it's like a driver's license.....you have to know how to "drive the car". Varies by state.

Concealed carry in the United States - Wikipedia

Last edited: