Terrorism on American Soil - Texas Massacre in the House of God

newfie

I thought right wingers were originalists and we should follow the words written not try to judge intent. Regardless, currently we just ignore the militia part and let anyone have any gun they want without any training. I think we should mandate ongoing training and a duty to serve in exchange for gun ownership. If you really need to carry a gun to the grocery store you should be obligated to serve your community.

you should educate yourself . right wingers do a lot of training on the proper care and handling of a weapon.

MAKAVELI

I think if a white guy said that you would bring up a racial twist. Lets just sell them in ToysRus and we'll all be happy.
I was speaking about the inner city of Chicago but for your benefit white neighborhoods have liquor stores as well. They call them "convenience stores".

newfie

Lol. I know a lot of people who have guns that haven't taken any kind of training.

you're referring to a sourced comment on concealed carry with a reference to someone you know to be a gun owner who is untrained.
If that untrained person accidently shoots someone there are a lot of liabilities involved as a responsibile citizen you should encourage them to get the training.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Cali makes it easy.....anything you want is on the aisles or in the giant fridge.

In Ohio we had to go to a special store, fill out a slip of what you wanted and a clerk behind the counter, where the product was, would get it for you. I used to accompany my dad and watched this process like taking out a library book! I was only 8-10.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Ok professor, where are the militias now?

I was really hoping you were going to "claim" the National Guard....

was the modern day equivalent of the militia.

If you're giving a history lesson try to make it relevant to current law.

I'll take basic American history for $200.00 Alex.

"The Bill of Rights is a list of limits on government power. What the Founders saw as the natural right of individuals to speak and worship freely was protected by the First Amendment’s prohibitions on Congress from making laws establishing a religion or abridging freedom of speech. Another example, the natural right to be free from unreasonable government intrusion in one’s home was safeguarded by the Fourth Amendment’s warrant requirements.

Other precursors to the Bill of Rights include English documents such as the Magna Carta, the Petition of Right, the English Bill of Rights, and the Massachusetts Body of Liberties.
"

oldngray

nowhere special
Cali makes it easy.....anything you want is on the aisles or in the giant fridge.

In Ohio we had to go to a special store, fill out a slip of what you wanted and a clerk behind the counter, where the product was, would get it for you. I used to accompany my dad and watched this process like taking out a library book! I was only 8-10.

State stores? That was only for high proof alcohol. Diluted or beer or wine you could get many places.

State stores have changed and there are more of them now. Some carry outs have a permit so you don't need to go to those special places that only sold booze.

newfie

I was really hoping you were going to "claim" the National Guard....

was the modern day equivalent of the militia.

I'll take basic American history for $200.00 Alex.

"The Bill of Rights is a list of limits on government power. What the Founders saw as the natural right of individuals to speak and worship freely was protected by the First Amendment’s prohibitions on Congress from making laws establishing a religion or abridging freedom of speech. Another example, the natural right to be free from unreasonable government intrusion in one’s home was safeguarded by the Fourth Amendment’s warrant requirements.

Other precursors to the Bill of Rights include English documents such as the Magna Carta, the Petition of Right, the English Bill of Rights, and the Massachusetts Body of Liberties.
"

if you really want him to read this stuff you should probably add "DNC talking points" to it as a header. :)

Indecisi0n

Concealed Carry is different than "I have a gun".
By the way I have several guns.........but I don't have a conceal carry permit.
They do openly carry. Trust me if something like this happened and the people I know who carry openly were there with their guns they would kill innocent people by mistake.