Texas school shooting

Box Ox

This dude was firing shots outside the school for 12 minutes before he even went in? WTF?

Uvalde Shooter Fired Outside School for 12 Minutes Before Entering - WSJ

"Local residents voiced anger Thursday about the time it took to end the mass shooting at an elementary school here, as police laid out a fresh timeline that showed the gunman entered the building unobstructed after lingering outside for 12 minutes firing shots."

------------------------------------------

"videos circulated on social media Wednesday and Thursday of frantic family members trying to get access to Robb Elementary as the attack was unfolding, some of them yelling at police who blocked them from entering.

“Shoot him or something!” a woman’s voice can be heard yelling on a video, before a man is heard saying about the officers, “They’re all just [expletive] parked outside, dude. They need to go in there.”

Box Ox

It's frustrating to read that the Bortac agents went to get a master key to get into the classroom but the classroom door didn't stop the shooter for some reason. Should've been closed and locked if the shooter was shooting outside for 12 minutes before coming into the school.

Border Patrol Agent Who Killed Texas School Shooter Was From Agency’s Elite Team - WSJ

"Bortac agents typically carry their gear, such as helmets, tactical vests and shields, in their cars and were able to quickly ready themselves to help breach the school building, officials said Wednesday.

Several of them helped make a plan with other responding officers to breach the building and later the classroom, according to federal authorities.

Initially, the Bortac agents couldn’t get into the classroom where shooter Salvador Ramos locked himself because of a steel door and cinder block construction, according to law-enforcement officials familiar with what happened. Meanwhile, the 18 year-old gunman shot at them and other officers through the door and walls.

The Bortac agents got a master key from the school principal that allowed them to enter the room, according to the officials. One Bortac agent took rounds to their shield upon entering and a second was wounded by shrapnel. A third killed the suspect.

Inside, authorities found dead children in piles, along with the bodies of the class’s two teachers.

The incident lasted about 40 minutes, according to Texas authorities."

El Correcto

god is dead
It's frustrating to read that the Bortac agents went to get a master key to get into the classroom but the classroom door didn't stop the shooter for some reason. Should've been closed and locked if the shooter was shooting outside for 12 minutes before coming into the school.

Border Patrol Agent Who Killed Texas School Shooter Was From Agency’s Elite Team - WSJ

"Bortac agents typically carry their gear, such as helmets, tactical vests and shields, in their cars and were able to quickly ready themselves to help breach the school building, officials said Wednesday.

Several of them helped make a plan with other responding officers to breach the building and later the classroom, according to federal authorities.

Initially, the Bortac agents couldn’t get into the classroom where shooter Salvador Ramos locked himself because of a steel door and cinder block construction, according to law-enforcement officials familiar with what happened. Meanwhile, the 18 year-old gunman shot at them and other officers through the door and walls.

The Bortac agents got a master key from the school principal that allowed them to enter the room, according to the officials. One Bortac agent took rounds to their shield upon entering and a second was wounded by shrapnel. A third killed the suspect.

Inside, authorities found dead children in piles, along with the bodies of the class’s two teachers.

The incident lasted about 40 minutes, according to Texas authorities."
The school doesn’t have a second floor from what I can see, why weren’t windows utilized?

Box Ox

The school doesn’t have a second floor from what I can see, why weren’t windows utilized?

I could probably understand that more since there had been gunfire outside for so long before the shooter entered the building.

I just don't understand how everything could have gone so wrong. 12 minutes would be an eternity of a police response time for top priority incidents where I am. I think they might've arrived sooner than that and just watched this guy from relative safety while waiting for backup or something until he went in.

So the rogue police stood down? Yeah makes a lot of sense actually obvious they’re in on it. Wouldn’t want anyone to intervene and prevent a tragedy that could go to good use I mean we already have all the politicians on speed dial

I could probably understand that more since there had been gunfire outside for so long before the shooter entered the building.

I just don't understand how everything could have gone so wrong. 12 minutes would be an eternity of a police response time for top priority incidents where I am. I think they might've arrived sooner than that and just watched this guy from relative safety while waiting for backup or something until he went in.
When it’s planned to go down the way it did they don’t consider it going wrong

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The whole thing is so sick. We have better find out what the hell is going on out there that would create a person totally void of humanity. This is not just about guns. Is it drugs, video games, what? This never happened in previous generations.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
The whole thing is so sick. We have better find out what the hell is going on out there that would create a person totally void of humanity. This is not just about guns. Is it drugs, video games, what? This never happened in previous generations.
the left, and some of the right, have spent the last 60 years dismantling every social and moral structure we have propping up this country

when you have no social cohesion this is what happens

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
like seriously think about what brings people together and makes them not want to kill eachother

do we share a common religion anymore?
no

do we share common political values?
no

do we have a shared ancestry?
no

do we have a shared culture?
no

this is what always happens to multicultural societies, throughout history; they tear themselves apart until the country finally breaks under pressure from the exterior because it has become so weak and fractured

there has never been a single successful multi-cultural society in history that didn't tear itself apart

rickyb

Chris hedges wrote about wats driving middle aged white males to suicide, the overdose problem, mass shootings in this book

Screenshot_20220527-073524_Firefox.jpg

rickyb

like seriously think about what brings people together and makes them not want to kill eachother

do we share a common religion anymore?
no

do we share common political values?
no

do we have a shared ancestry?
no

do we have a shared culture?
no

this is what always happens to multicultural societies, throughout history; they tear themselves apart until the country finally breaks under pressure from the exterior because it has become so weak and fractured

there has never been a single successful multi-cultural society in history that didn't tear itself apart
Do u have good jobs? No

is the housing market working? No

Is the govt not corrupted by money including guns makers? no

is high ed affordable? no

Is healthcare affordable? no

is the labor movement strong? No

Are ppl organizing to take back their country and prevent impending collapse? no

Are americans socializing together like they used to? No

Are we free of ridiculous conspiracy theories? No

rickyb

Ya think?

rickyb

The free market will take care of it

Thebrownblob

Do u have good jobs? No

Are ppl organizing to take back their country and prevent impending collapse? no

Do u have good jobs? No
Yes I do

Like it always does

Every government has always been corrupt because of power and money

No because of government intervention

Mine is amazing and free

Seems to be on the upswing

Lol people are lazy, And would rather let someone else do it.

social media has created a worldwide problem loneliness and disconnectedness

Your post is a ridiculous conspiracy theory so…..

rickyb

Do u have good jobs? No
Yes I do

Like it always does

Every government has always been corrupt because of power and money

No because of government intervention

Mine is amazing and free

Seems to be on the upswing

Lol people are lazy, And would rather let someone else do it.

social media has created a worldwide problem loneliness and disconnectedness

Your post is a ridiculous conspiracy theory so…..
The despair in america is very palpable.