Texas school shooting

Thebrownblob

Look, I agree on some things. Don’t get me started on the whole shoe takeoff crap. Or the liquid restrictions. And I agree a lot of the TSA stuff is what I call “security theater”.

But are you ready to strip everything away and go back to the unfettered pre 9/11 days?
I don’t think it’s any different now, like you said it’s theater. It makes people who don’t know much, feel better.

vantexan

And I was talking about safety and security. And the idea that you think TSA is actually helpful.
How many jet airliners have had their cockpit invaded since the doors were made secure? How many shoe bombers have gotten through? 9/11 wasn't a one off and we shouldn't have to play Russian Roulette in the skies to avoid hassles.

Thebrownblob

How many jet airliners have had their cockpit invaded since the doors were made secure? How many shoe bombers have gotten through? 9/11 wasn't a one off and we shouldn't have to play Russian Roulette in the skies to avoid hassles.
TSA isn’t stopping any of that, it’s like pretending Paul Blart at the mall does anything. He might dissuade the average knucklehead but that’s about it.

vantexan

TSA isn’t stopping any of that, it’s like pretending Paul Blart at the mall does anything. He might dissuade the average knucklehead but that’s about it.
Shoe bombs are a thing. Certain liquids in the right proportions are a thing. I don't care who he's dissuading as long as he does. Being flippant about security is what got those kids in Uvalde killed.

Thebrownblob

Shoe bombs are a thing. Certain liquids in the right proportions are a thing. I don't care who he's dissuading as long as he does. Being flippant about security is what got those kids in Uvalde killed.
Bombing planes is so Late 90s early 2000s. And it’s funny you think a bunch of fat overweight government workers who care less about their job are going to have the kind of intensity to keep you safe that is necessary. That kind of security is meant for someone who believes like you do that everything will be just fine, if it is just fine you just got lucky. They only guarantee of safety you have is you being ready and aware. And even that is no guarantee. This is what gets me about you van you preach about your dislike for Democrats and then do you want more government control because even though we realize they don’t really ever work just limit and cause unnecessary hardship for law abiding citizens. If someone wants to blow up a plane they’ll figure out a way. Just like if someone wants to get a gun they’ll figure out a way. Remember the 9/11 was supposedly just Box knives. Every manner of knife and weapon has been on a plane since then daily. But my aunt who has the last name of Mason get flagged every time simply because that’s her last name they don’t even tell her why nor will they. 😂 that’s some amazing security

vantexan

Bombing planes is so Late 90s early 2000s. And it’s funny you think a bunch of fat overweight government workers who care less about their job are going to have the kind of intensity to keep you safe that is necessary. That kind of security is meant for someone who believes like you do that everything will be just fine, if it is just fine you just got lucky. They only guarantee of safety you have is you being ready and aware. And even that is no guarantee. This is what gets me about you van you preach about your dislike for Democrats and then do you want more government control because even though we realize they don’t really ever work just limit and cause unnecessary hardship for law abiding citizens. If someone wants to blow up a plane they’ll figure out a way. Just like if someone wants to get a gun they’ll figure out a way. Remember the 9/11 was supposedly just Box knives. Every manner of knife and weapon has been on a plane since then daily. But my aunt who has the last name of Mason get flagged every time simply because that’s her last name they don’t even tell her why nor will they. 😂 that’s some amazing security
Did I say the system is perfect? But I'll take scanners, frisking, removing shoes, x-rays, etc over let's just load up fast as possible and take our chances. The government isn't controlling my life with the extra security. It's just another price we pay to have a free and open society. You think the people shooting up Chicago every weekend would hesitate to take a gun aboard a plane if there weren't measures in place to prevent that? There are people out there who'd kill themselves in a heartbeat to strike a blow against the Great Satan.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Did I say the system is perfect? But I'll take scanners, frisking, removing shoes, x-rays, etc over let's just load up fast as possible and take our chances. The government isn't controlling my life with the extra security. It's just another price we pay to have a free and open society. You think the people shooting up Chicago every weekend would hesitate to take a gun aboard a plane if there weren't measures in place to prevent that? There are people out there who'd kill themselves in a heartbeat to strike a blow against the Great Satan.
And now they’re coming over the southern border.

vantexan

And now they’re coming over the southern border.
And as soon as Republicans take over Congress they should file articles of impeachment against Biden for allowing that. It would give the Democrats the perfect out to get rid of Biden and would serve notice to Kamala that she has to enforce the border. If the Republicans don't then vote Democrat in '24 to throw them out and tell them that's what's going to happen. It's time for citizens to let politicians know that their vote matters.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
So, we have to give up our rights and freedoms in order to retain our rights and freedoms?

You’ve been debating rickyb too long!

Thebrownblob

And as soon as Republicans take over Congress they should file articles of impeachment against Biden for allowing that. It would give the Democrats the perfect out to get rid of Biden and would serve notice to Kamala that she has to enforce the border. If the Republicans don't then vote Democrat in '24 to throw them out and tell them that's what's going to happen. It's time for citizens to let politicians know that their vote matters.
They won’t they’re a bunch of cowards. I don’t like what Democrats do but they stick together no matter what, Republicans stab each other in the back and stab their constituents in the back all the time.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
This is the first image shared of the interior of Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, taken while the May 24 massacre that killed 21 was taking place. Two well-armed cops with a ballistic shield can be seen just 19 minutes after shooter Salvador Ramos entered a classroom - but that room would not be stormed for another 58 minutes, even though these cops seem well-equipped to attempt a rescue mission

A63DC7AC-8AFB-4F8A-A4DC-14A660049282.jpeg

vantexan

So, we have to give up our rights and freedoms in order to retain our rights and freedoms?

You’ve been debating rickyb too long!
What would you propose? Are we guaranteed a speedy passage onto airplanes in the Constitution? The realities of today's world means security checks are necessary.

vantexan

This is the first image shared of the interior of Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, taken while the May 24 massacre that killed 21 was taking place. Two well-armed cops with a ballistic shield can be seen just 19 minutes after shooter Salvador Ramos entered a classroom - but that room would not be stormed for another 58 minutes, even though these cops seem well-equipped to attempt a rescue mission

View attachment 389108
Thought they didn't have shields?

View attachment 389108
And yet you want a 2nd grade teacher to be armed and stop a shooter with a military style assault rifle?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

View attachment 389108
A shield can't break down a locked door.
Lots of Monday morning quarterbacks.