Texas school shooting

newolddude

how do you enforce this scarcity?
how do you stop him from using a different weapon? he had an hour, he could have strangled them all to death just as easily

A 100% tax (or more) on certain gun types, ammunition and high capacity magazines. The money from that would be used to pay police more, train them better and equip them better. In addition the gun tax would pay for armed security guards who are retired military at schools and to harden existing schools. Schools that couldn't be hardened because of their design would be rebuilt.

Yes, I know you think he could have killed 19 kids and 2 teachers with a spoon or a shoe lace. But it would have taken him a lot longer and a lot more effort. Plus maybe the Uvalde police wouldn't have cowered in the hall, not taking action if he'd had a different weapon.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
how do you enforce this scarcity?
how do you stop him from using a different weapon? he had an hour, he could have strangled them all to death just as easily

so you're saying the crimes are the responsibility of their related groups?
do you support increasing taxes on blacks due to their higher crime rate and thus cost to police them?
should women be barred from driving due to their higher rates of responsible-fatalities?

what else do you want the government to control?
@newolddude is a liberal. You need to understand his disability to comprehend his emotional instability.

Thebrownblob

I don't want to disarm normal people. I just don't want a :censored2: ton of AR-15s out on the streets. I want reasonable measures so that a mentally unstable 18 year old can't buy two AR-15s to kill children because girls won't talk to him.

And if we are going to keep AR-15s legal I want the owners of those guns to pay the increased costs that must be burdened by society to protect ourselves.
Who will get to decide who is mentally unstable? Just a few years ago transgender was considered mentally unstable. Are police who listen to children being shot to death and don’t rush in mentally unstable? How many ARs is a :censored2: ton? Why is that weapon your main focus?. There’s lots of holes in what you think you want.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Who will get to decide who is mentally unstable? Just a few years ago transgender was considered mentally unstable. Are police who listen to children being shot to death and don’t rush in mentally unstable? How many ARs is a :censored2: ton? Why is that weapon your main focus?. There’s lots of holes in what you think you want.
All liberals are mentally unstable

Thebrownblob

A 100% tax (or more) on certain gun types, ammunition and high capacity magazines. The money from that would be used to pay police more, train them better and equip them better. In addition the gun tax would pay for armed security guards who are retired military at schools and to harden existing schools. Schools that couldn't be hardened because of their design would be rebuilt.

Yes, I know you think he could have killed 19 kids and 2 teachers with a spoon or a shoe lace. But it would have taken him a lot longer and a lot more effort. Plus maybe the Uvalde police wouldn't have cowered in the hall, not taking action if he'd had a different weapon.
He could’ve just drove that truck onto the playground at recess.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We’re not Monday Morning quarterbacking because the cops never even got in the game. They geared up and then sat on the bench on their own decision.
Are still defending the coward cops, @DriveInDriveOut ?
I don't think the cop who shot the guy was a coward. I don't think the cops he shot were cowards. I don't think the cops that were bashing out windows pulling kids to safety were cowards.

I think this is sounds like a pretty ghetto small town and I doubt they get super great police applicants. They probably aren't the sharpest officers, and I imagine it was a real cluster of incompetence.

I mean, who would want to deal with a border town filled with illegals and drugs like a freaking pinata exploded. Place sounds like a real hell hole.

newolddude

I guess the cop didn't like his wife and/or the other officers didn't like Ruiz.

FVu-9azWQAAGo4u

vantexan

I don't think the cop who shot the guy was a coward. I don't think the cops he shot were cowards. I don't think the cops that were bashing out windows pulling kids to safety were cowards.

I think this is sounds like a pretty ghetto small town and I doubt they get super great police applicants. They probably aren't the sharpest officers, and I imagine it was a real cluster of incompetence.

I mean, who would want to deal with a border town filled with illegals and drugs like a freaking pinata exploded. Place sounds like a real hell hole.
I used to work in Uvalde. It's a very nice small town. The hell of it is you'd never think something like that would happen there and those cops didn't appear to be trained for that possibility.

Thebrownblob

I guess the cop didn't like his wife and/or the other officers didn't like Ruiz.

FVu-9azWQAAGo4u
Wait a minute do you mean the police officers or just normal human beings who make mistakes and shouldn’t be completely trusted to make all the right choices? that’s the problem with you, anyone with a title or a badge you think they have the answers. Your safety is your own. If you’re counting on anyone else most likely will be trying to figure out what went wrong as the Coroner picks up your body. The term I am a “trained professional” means absolutely nothing to me.

rod

Retired 23 years
This is the first image shared of the interior of Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, taken while the May 24 massacre that killed 21 was taking place. Two well-armed cops with a ballistic shield can be seen just 19 minutes after shooter Salvador Ramos entered a classroom - but that room would not be stormed for another 58 minutes, even though these cops seem well-equipped to attempt a rescue mission

View attachment 389108

newolddude

Wait a minute do you mean the police officers or just normal human beings who make mistakes and shouldn’t be completely trusted to make all the right choices? that’s the problem with you, anyone with a title or a badge you think they have the answers. Your safety is your own. If you’re counting on anyone else most likely will be trying to figure out what went wrong as the Coroner picks up your body. The term I am a “trained professional” means absolutely nothing to me.
Yes, police are normal human beings and I accept their flaws and failures.

But I also understand the responsibility for adult to protect children: regardless if you are a civilian or police. I also don't put police/law enforcement up on a pedestal and worship them like conservatives do.

Screen%20Shot%202021-10-20%20at%2011.16.13%20AM.png

b8bee20d-bdcd-43d8-98c4-60747e360663.jpeg

Thebrownblob

But I also understand the responsibility for adult to protect children: regardless if you are a civilian or police. I also don't put police/law enforcement up on a pedestal and worship them like conservatives do.

Well good thing I’m not a conservative. I appreciate what most police officers put on the line every day but I also know most of them don’t actually know many laws. They are generally policy enforcers. They are not there to save you, you’ll have to wait for the swat team could take a few hours sorry.

Thebrownblob

What you can’t seem to understand is they don’t train for someone who had no intention of coming out alive. Even the swat team can’t do anything about that. They are usually trained at a hostage negotiation situation. This kid had no intention of taking anyone hostage, he came to kill and to be killed. there’s no one that could stop that completely. The best chance is someone on the inside with a gun and a shot. The only reason the kid lasted as long as he did was he had time to take cover, if someone could’ve taken a shot at him before that it would’ve been over much quicker. He was a little boy who was not proficient with his weapon because he just bought it. At best he was praying and spraying. Unfortunately once he got in that classroom it was a nightmare for the kids involved.

newolddude

Well good thing I’m not a conservative. I appreciate what most police officers put on the line every day but I also know most of them don’t actually know many laws. They are generally policy enforcers. They are not there to save you, you’ll have to wait for the swat team could take a few hours sorry.
I've got law enforcement all over both sides of my family. That includes my deceased grandfather who was wounded in the line of duty stopping a burglar at a warehouse. I also had a high school friend who was a cop killed in the line of duty during a high speed chase. And I hate the whole "Defund the Police" crap.

I know it's a dangerous job filled with pitfalls. But let's also be realistic about how dangerous being a police officer is. It's "only" the 22nd most dangerous job in America.

And at the same time when police screw up I want them to face the consequences: just like everyone else.