The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

vantexan

While we didn’t take our guns to school, we thought nothing about walking thru the neighborhood with our .22s and shotguns. I can’t remember a single mass shooting back in the day, and that includes my 20s, 30s and 40s. Unless you include postal workers going, well, postal.
Deadliest school shooting in U.S. history happened in 1927 in Michigan. 45 people killed, 58 wounded. There was the University of Texas tower shooting in 1966. 17 dead, dozens wounded. They definitely weren't as common. There's definitely a huge problem since Columbine in 1999. I think a lot of the perpetrators are mentally ill and are copycats.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Deadliest school shooting in U.S. history happened in 1927 in Michigan. 45 people killed, 58 wounded. There was the University of Texas tower shooting in 1966. 17 dead, dozens wounded. They definitely weren't as common. There's definitely a huge problem since Columbine in 1999. I think a lot of the perpetrators are mentally ill and are copycats.
I was born in 57. I stand vindictated

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1691115586067.png

newolddude

Hotel entrepreneur Robert Bigelow, the biggest individual donor to a group supporting Ron DeSantis' presidential bid, told Reuters on Friday he will not donate more money unless the Florida governor attracts new major donors and adopts a more moderate approach.
"He does need to shift to get to moderates. He'll lose if he doesn't ... Extremism isn't going to get you elected," Bigelow said in an interview, adding that he had communicated these concerns to DeSantis' campaign.

When asked which specific policies Bigelow did not support, Bigelow cited only DeSantis signing in April a bill passed by the Florida legislature banning abortions after six weeks, a move that came after Bigelow had donated the $20 million.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The majority of mass shootings are committed by blacks against blacks in Democrat run cities.

No one cares about blacks though.

Has anyone noticed that Trump and other Republican candidates are openly talking about pulling the plug on social security? I mean, doesn't that sound like a stupid way to get votes? And yet they've talked about it, and I predict that Trump is going to win. Even if he doesn't win, social security may already be trailing blood. Do some research on Joe Biden's budget, Secretary of the Treasury Janet Yellen, and social security. They're throwing so much money at the military, they don't even have time to think about social security.

In plain English, that's another reason why I'm super concerned about my pension. Personally, I think social security is road kill, so I don't want to lose my pension, too.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Has anyone noticed that Trump and other Republican candidates are openly talking about pulling the plug on social security? I mean, doesn't that sound like a stupid way to get votes? And yet they've talked about it, and I predict that Trump is going to win. Even if he doesn't win, social security may already be trailing blood. Do some research on Joe Biden's budget, Secretary of the Treasury Janet Yellen, and social security. They're throwing so much money at the military, they don't even have time to think about social security.

In plain English, that's another reason why I'm super concerned about my pension. Personally, I think social security is road kill, so I don't want to lose my pension, too.
No, they're not.
I have noticed there is an uptick in Democrats lying about that though.

newolddude

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Has anyone noticed that Trump and other Republican candidates are openly talking about pulling the plug on social security?
No, they're not.
I have noticed there is an uptick in Democrats lying about that though.
Yes really.
Did you even bother to read the article you posted? It does not say they're "pulling the plug".

Like I said, there's an uptick in people lying.
Not sure why you're joining them.
Well actually I am.

vantexan

Let the election fear mongering begin!