The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1701263837927.png

vantexan

Can someone tell me why in the world we're having a DeSantis / Newsom debate?
Sean Hannity when interviewing both of them(seperately) suggested it. Both agreed to it and it's being held on Hannity's time slot on FOX. Not sure if he's moderating it. Newsome wants to be president and is working towards being the nominee if Biden gets dumped. One thing that I took away from his interview with Hannity is how slick he is. He could sell ice to Eskimos. To hear him tell it California has very few problems and none are that bad. If he does well against Public Enemy #2 tonight the Dems may start clamoring for him.

vantexan

I don't see that happening until Biden is out of the pic..however and if that ever happens.

View attachment 456588
The Dems are desperate to get rid of Biden. There are a lot of Democratic Senate seats up for reelection next year. A lot more than in '22 and 5 or 6 are considered very vulnerable. Manchin has already started the balance of power tipping to Republicans. If the Democrats lose the presidency then they can't stop the Republican agenda.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Sheriffs of CA are complaining that Newsome is the first Governor of CA that has never met the sheriffs.
They hold monthly meetings to discuss what's new in Law Enforcement.
Their major beef is the Newsome passes laws without consulting with them.
Going to be tough to win the White House without LE endorsements.

vantexan

The Sheriffs of CA are complaining that Newsome is the first Governor of CA that has never met the sheriffs.
The majority of Dems aren't fans of law enforcement anyways. I don't think the Dems have much of a chance after four years of Biden. It's just interesting watching the machinations. I think most fair minded people recognize that Trump did a pretty good job before the pandemic which was beyond anyone's control. But Biden and his administration have made decisions that have had a negative impact on their lives. Hardcore Dems can deny it all they want but polls are showing a loss of support even in the black community. Dems can't win without overwhelming minority support.

PT Car Washer

The Governor of California passes laws without consulting law enforcement? Must be some new kind of System. Doesn't work that way in most states.

vantexan

The Governor of California passes laws without consulting law enforcement? Must be some new kind of System. Doesn't work that way in most states.
How do you know that in matters of crime the governors of most states don't consult with their sheriffs? Seems to me if you are seeking an endorsement from law enforcement then you would include their input in your legislative and administrative considerations. As in what do they need to fight crime? Of course in a really liberal state where defunding police is popular a governor might think he scores points politically by snubbing sheriffs.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The Dems are desperate to get rid of Biden. There are a lot of Democratic Senate seats up for reelection next year. A lot more than in '22 and 5 or 6 are considered very vulnerable. Manchin has already started the balance of power tipping to Republicans. If the Democrats lose the presidency then they can't stop the Republican agenda.
I wish someone would stand up and make an/the agenda clear. Where is the voice? What is the platform?
If there ever was a time that the two parties were polar opposites and the difference in policies could easily be seen, as well as their vision of America , it’s now.
As bad as it is and as as easy as it would be to spell things out , no one is really doing it.

vantexan

I wish someone would stand up and make an/the agenda clear. Where is the voice? What is the platform?
If there ever was a time that the two parties were polar opposites and the difference in policies could easily be seen, as well as their vision of America , it’s now.
As bad as it is and as as easy as it would be to spell things out , no one is really doing it.
If you're watching the debate there's a clear difference in what those two believe is the way to govern.

Box Ox

If the Democrats lose the presidency then they can't stop the Republican agenda.

Trump’s busy talking about other stuff. All he has to do is not sound like Mussolini and remind people that things were better when he was President.

1) Just shut up about all of the extraneous stuff and don’t give the media anything.

2) Ask Americans if they want more Biden or more 2017-early 2020.

vantexan

Trump’s busy talking about other stuff. All he has to do is not sound like Mussolini and remind people that things were better when he was President.

1) Just shut up about all of the extraneous stuff and don’t give the media anything.

2) Ask Americans if they want more Biden or more 2017-early 2020.
I was saying the same about Trump since 2016. He is what he is. If he and Biden are our only choices then for me it's absolutely Trump. I think we can do better than either but for me it's more about Trump's personality than his policies. And his policies are infinitely better than Biden's.

PT Car Washer

I was saying the same about Trump since 2016. He is what he is. If he and Biden are our only choices then for me it's absolutely Trump. I think we can do better than either but for me it's more about Trump's personality than his policies. And his policies are infinitely better than Biden's.
I would vote for Nixon again over trump.