The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Box Ox

FOX analysts gave him an A. Newsome got a C.

Not a Newsom fan and would never vote for him. But it is refreshing to see a Democrat who’s still mentally with us on stage. Leftists would probably agree. Maybe that’s why Newsom agreed to the debate. Might put more pressure on Biden’s family to let him step down.

vantexan

Not a Newsom fan and would never vote for him. But it is refreshing to see a Democrat who’s still mentally with us on stage. Leftists would probably agree. Maybe that’s why Newsom agreed to the debate. Might put more pressure on Biden’s family to let him step down.
He's definitely slick. Very difficult to get a straight answer from him.

vantexan

You loved his sabotage of Johnson’s peace talks with North Vietnam which helped extend the torment and suffering of the war, not just for pows like McCain, but for thousands of American soldiers and the people of Vietnam?
Nixon got us out of Vietnam. If Johnson was truly trying to end the war he should've run for reelection.

Nixon got us out of Vietnam. If Johnson was truly trying to end the war he should've run for reelection.
Nixon feared a breakthrough at the Paris Peace talks designed to find a negotiated settlement to the Vietnam war, and he knew this would derail his campaign.

… In late October 1968 there were major concessions from Hanoi which promised to allow meaningful talks to get underway in Paris – concessions that would justify Johnson calling for a complete bombing halt of North Vietnam. This was exactly what Nixon feared.

BBC

oldngray

nowhere special
1-MC_Winner.jpg

vantexan

Nixon feared a breakthrough at the Paris Peace talks designed to find a negotiated settlement to the Vietnam war, and he knew this would derail his campaign.

… In late October 1968 there were major concessions from Hanoi which promised to allow meaningful talks to get underway in Paris – concessions that would justify Johnson calling for a complete bombing halt of North Vietnam. This was exactly what Nixon feared.

BBC
But how did Nixon derail the talks?

vantexan

Of course they did. They threw their hat in for DeSantamonius way early.
I just seen it. I give him a B- C+ but I'm unimpressed by him. Newsom is just a pretty boy leftist.
I don't get the need to run DeSantis down. He's finding out the hard way that this isn't his time. But keep in mind that Trump can only serve four more years and at that age his continued influence on the party will be limited. I get that Trump's combative personality appeals to people but before you write off any other candidate maybe you should look at their record. DeSantis has been a great governor and I don't need him to run down all his opponents personally to know he's more than capable to do the job. I guess what we'll be seeking in '28 is another combative personality who'll be up late ragging on all his opponents on social media. It's DeSanctimonius by the way.

But how did Nixon derail the talks?
The Nixon campaign promised the South Vietnamese bigger concessions if they waited to negotiate peace until after Nixon was elected. The idea was to not give Johnson and Humphrey a PR victory by suspending the war before the election. Surprised you're not aware of this. Actually not

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I don't get the need to run DeSantis down. He's finding out the hard way that this isn't his time. But keep in mind that Trump can only serve four more years and at that age his continued influence on the party will be limited. I get that Trump's combative personality appeals to people but before you write off any other candidate maybe you should look at their record. DeSantis has been a great governor and I don't need him to run down all his opponents personally to know he's more than capable to do the job. I guess what we'll be seeking in '28 is another combative personality who'll be up late ragging on all his opponents on social media. It's DeSanctimonius by the way.
I'm not "running him down". He's just unimpressive to me. He's definitely no debater.
You say tomato I say DeSantamonius.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm not "running him down". He's just unimpressive to me. He's definitely no debater.
You say tomato I say DeSantamonius.
Newsome is a better debater. Probably because he is 100% slimy politician to the core. If you paid attention to what they really said DeSantis won in a debate nobody cared about.

Nixon was great.
1344998934722.png

are you out of your :censored2:ing mind? our completely broken financial and foreign policy systems are 100% due to his :censored2:ty short term thinking, and also listening to a literal traitor (Kissinger) for advice

not to mention, when you examine the seemingly good decisions he made, then you listen to his audio recordings he wasn't doing it out of wisdom it was pure political expediency to get himself out of trouble or get re-elected

honestly we haven't had a good President since Kennedy was murdered by the CIA