The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Newsome is a better debater. Probably because he is 100% slimy politician to the core. If you paid attention to what they really said DeSantis won in a debate nobody cared about.
I did pay attention to what was said.
The problem is, no one did or does. The voters who the republican party needs to impress, wasn't impressed. Newsom won.

vantexan

The Nixon campaign promised the South Vietnamese bigger concessions if they waited to negotiate peace until after Nixon was elected. The idea was to not give Johnson and Humphrey a PR victory by suspending the war before the election. Surprised you're not aware of this. Actually not
So? Why didn't the Johnson administration do the same? Johnson was the president you know. This reminds me of Democratic claims that the Reagan campaign talked to the Iranians about holding the hostages until Reagan became president. Johnson decided to not run because he failed at leadership. Remember it was the '68 Democratic Convention where the protests raged. Something we're likely to see again next year with the Palestinian protests.

oldngray

nowhere special
So? Why didn't the Johnson administration do the same? Johnson was the president you know. This reminds me of Democratic claims that the Reagan campaign talked to the Iranians about holding the hostages until Reagan became president. Johnson decided to not run because he failed at leadership. Remember it was the '68 Democratic Convention where the protests raged. Something we're likely to see again next year with the Palestinian protests.
Johnson had failing health and listened to warhawk advisors too much.

vantexan

I'm not "running him down". He's just unimpressive to me. He's definitely no debater.
You say tomato I say DeSantamonius.
I can't imagine why I would think you're running him down? Who was it who coined the name DeSanctimonius? Seems Trump's supporters are eager to use that. I hope Trump wins and runs the country as well as his first term. But if he is forced out with the legal BS I hope his supporters give DeSantis a chance. His record as governor is outstanding.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Trump’s busy talking about other stuff. All he has to do is not sound like Mussolini and remind people that things were better when he was President.

1) Just shut up about all of the extraneous stuff and don’t give the media anything.

2) Ask Americans if they want more Biden or more 2017-early 2020.
Amen brother. Be a leader. MAGA, explain the problems and your solutions. Be humble. Explain what you learned and how you will govern moving forward. Don't know if he can.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I can't imagine why I would think you're running him down? Who was it who coined the name DeSanctimonius? Seems Trump's supporters are eager to use that. I hope Trump wins and runs the country as well as his first term. But if he is forced out with the legal BS I hope his supporters give DeSantis a chance. His record as governor is outstanding.
He will not be forced out. He will be the nominee.
But he needs to
Be a leader. MAGA, explain the problems and your solutions. Be humble. Explain what you learned and how you will govern moving forward.

Don't know if he can.
Me neither.

A panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit just found that donald was acting "in his personal capacity as a presidential candidate" when he urged his supporters to march to the Capitol.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
A panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit just found that donald was acting "in his personal capacity as a presidential candidate" when he urged his supporters to march to the Capitol.
Left out the part when he said "peacefully".

The AP has previously reported on false claims that Pelosi blocked the National Guard from coming to the capitol on Jan. 6. As the newly released footage showed, she and McConnell, then Senate majority leader, called for military assistance, including the National Guard, during the attack.

“The National Guard can only be activated by the president or a governor,” Huder ( senior fellow at Georgetown University’s Government Affairs Institute) added. “In the case of D.C., it can only be mobilized by the president of the United States.”

newolddude

Nothing that you would believe.

newolddude