The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

vantexan

"Was the Republic a unified nation in which the individual states had merged their sovereign rights and identities forever, or was it a federation of sovereign states joined together for specific purposes from which they could withdraw at any time?" -Maury Klein
The invasion from the North settled that question and the answer is satisfactory to you. It's not for me. No biggy.
We could go round and round forever but I think if we look at the EU we'd get a sense of what you're wanting. It's unwieldy. We've long since moved past the Civil War. Millions of immigrants have come in, millions of southerners moved north to find work, millions of northerners have since moved south for the same as well as retirement. We are one nation. Humans are divisive but are never satisfied after they divide. Luckily we had a group of very intelligent men come up with a system unlike any other and should be thankful because it's highly likely that if we ever replace it we'll be worse off. Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
We could go round and round forever but I think if we look at the EU we'd get a sense of what you're wanting. It's unwieldy. We've long since moved past the Civil War. Millions of immigrants have come in, millions of southerners moved north to find work, millions of northerners have since moved south for the same as well as retirement. We are one nation. Humans are divisive but are never satisfied after they divide. Luckily we had a group of very intelligent men come up with a system unlike any other and should be thankful because it's highly likely that if we ever replace it we'll be worse off. Be careful what you wish for.
One nation. The United States.
It's hard to find two people united on anything.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1704232815798.png

Box Ox

Who would be the best candidate to replace Biden if that happened?
Would you vote for Mikeshell?

If you had asked me in 2016 I would have said absolutely. In 2024 it would be very tempting with Trump on the other side. But I'd need to hear her say that she's not for more endless illegal immigration, more crime in the name of equity, transing the kids, stupid energy policy etc etc. And that probably wouldn't happen at this point. The Democrats are too far gone. I wouldn't vote for more leftist insanity.